Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video (30868 Views)

Jaafar Jaafar Flees Home Over Death Threats / Ganduje's Bribe: Pupils Protest 'Jaafar Jaafar, Your Video Will Not Stop Us...' / Ganduje Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by dre11(m): 6:46am On May 03, 2021
Journalist who exposed Ganduje bribe video flees to UK

I’ll be here until this regime can guarantee my safety and protect freedom of the press."

By Nasir Ayitogo

A Nigerian journalist, Jaafar Jaafar, has fled the country to the United Kingdom over alleged threats to his life.

Mr Jaafar, who spoke with PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview on Sunday, said he has relocated with his family and will not be returning to the country ‘until the coast is clear.’

The newspaper publisher, who was recently invited by the police over alleged defamation of the police chief’s character, said he will only return to Nigeria when the government can guarantee his safety.

“I’ll be here until this regime can guarantee my safety and protect freedom of the press,” he said.

Jaafar’s ordeal

Mr Jaafar’s ordeals started about a month after Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje revealed that those behind a video of him collecting bribe would be brought to shame.

Abdullahi Ganduje, Governor of Kano State
Abdullahi Ganduje, Governor of Kano State
Mr Jaafar’s Daily Nigerian newspaper had in October 2018 published a video that showed Mr Ganduje collecting money in dollars from a government contractor.

In the video, the governor was seen collecting the dollars before rolling them into his white dress, called “babanriga,” in one of a series of questionable deals allegedly struck over a span of several months.

The video damaged Mr Ganduje’s reputation although it did not stop his reelection in 2019.

Mr Ganduje also stopped the state assembly from probing the video.

On a BBC Hausa programme, ‘Afada Acika’, the governor in March this year insisted the video was ‘cloned’ (manipulated).

“The video is fake and we are preparing to prove that. But I cannot preempt what we are doing with regard to that. I am assuring you this video is fake and all those that are behind it would be put to shame,” the governor said.

Mr Jaafar has insisted the video is authentic and independent checks including one by PREMIUM TIMES showed the original video was not doctored.

Police Invitation

The Nigeria Police Force last month wrote to Mr Jaafar inviting him for questioning.

According to a letter signed by A.A Elleman, the head of the Inspector General of Police Monitoring unit, Mr Ja’afar was accused of defaming the Inspector General of Police (IGP), though the letter did not state whether it is the present acting IGP, Usman Alkali, or his predecessor, Mohammed Adamu.

The journalist, however, went into hiding saying he was scared for his life.

He told PREMIUM TIMES from his hideout then that “there was never a time he mentioned either the former or present IGP in any of his stories.”

He also accused the police of trying to arrest him upon arrival in its office.

“Police are trying to file criminal charges against me for publishing Ganduje videos,” he said. “That I defamed the character of IGP is a bait to arrest, detain and file criminal charges against me,” he said.

“I wrote nothing against the former and the current IGP,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/459073-journalist-who-exposed-ganduje-bribe-video-flees-to-uk.html

14 Likes

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by FarahAideed: 6:47am On May 03, 2021
In December 2015 I predicted that many zombies then like Jafar Jafar who were calling Buhari the " messiah" ..will go on exile and that has come to pass now ..I also Predicted Jagaban will also go on self imposed exile before 2023

224 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by NwaAmaikpe: 6:48am On May 03, 2021
shocked

An innocent heart fears no accusation.
My Bible tells me that the guilty run when no one is chasing.

As a man of truth, he should honour the police's invitation and hear them out. If there is a mix-up in the allegations levelled against him, then it's in his place to set them straight because the Igbos have a saying, "A fu okwu, a fu osisa".

It's not fair, we need to pity the President and put ourselves in the position of our leaders.
There are too many of us running away and hoping for this administration to end.

If everybody runs away, who will they now govern?
Who?

54 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Nbotee(m): 6:52am On May 03, 2021
Anyone who afta seeing how the govt handled the Gandollar case still believes dis govt is a govt of integrity and "pighting kwaruption" is a ediot..
Despite damning video evidence all the govt could come up with was their usual embarassing "doctored evidence" excuse..
ANYWAYS GET UR MTN 1GB DATA FOR AS LOW AS 350

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by PissfulProtester: 6:53am On May 03, 2021
FarahAideed:
In December 2015 I predicted that many zombies then like Jafar Jafar who were calling Buhari the " messiah" ..will go on exile and that has come to pass now ..I also Predicted Jagaban will also go on self imposed exile before 2023
Thank you, Father Mbaka

You made an attempt to burn down Lagos. it failed even without much resistance cos God does not do injustice. Now, you are in your enclave trying to burn it down. I don't see how this affects Tinubu. if the endSARS madness in Lagos aimed at him did not get him, how do you intend to do it by burning down your home?

In a few months, this is how you will be preaching on the pulpit after you fail to get the contract which you have been lobbying Buhari for

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:54am On May 03, 2021
Please don't come back. APC are cannibals against media freedom

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by CodeTemplar: 6:55am On May 03, 2021
Good for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by FarahAideed: 7:01am On May 03, 2021
PissfulProtester:
Thank you, Father Mbaka

You made an attempt to burn down Lagos. it failed even without much resistance cos God does not do injustice. Now, you are in your enclave trying to burn it down. I don't see how this affects Tinubu. if the endSARS madness in Lagos aimed at him did not get him, how do you intend to do it by burning down your home?

In a few months, this is how you will be preaching on the pulpit after you fail to get the contract which you have been lobbying Buhari for

cheesy you don't have sense

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by SmartPolician: 7:01am On May 03, 2021
It's okay for people to be corrupt in a country because you cannot completely eliminate greed from human character.

However, a country that cannot protect upright people will never make progress. I don't want to believe that Nigeria has degenerated to that level.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by PissfulProtester: 7:01am On May 03, 2021
FarahAideed:

cheesy you don't have sense

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by genitori(m): 7:08am On May 03, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

An innocent heart fears no accusation.
My Bible tells me that the guilty run when no one is chasing.

As a man of truth, he should honour the police's invitation and hear them out. If there is a mix-up in the allegations levelled against him, then it's in his place to set them straight because the Igbos have a saying, "A fu okwu, a fu osisa".

It's not fair, we need to pity the President and put ourselves in the position of our leaders.
There are too many of us running away and hoping for this administration to end.

If everybody runs away, who will they now govern?
Who?

My brother/sister, e bi like say you never enter one-chance before.

You want him to enter the lion's den to prove innocence at the risk of putting him family in distress; if you don't know, know it now, in everything FAMILY FIRST!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Racoon(m): 7:24am On May 03, 2021
"-IF YOU STAND FOR THE TRUTH YOU ALWAYS STAND ALONE."
"-THOSE THAT TELL THE TRUTH ARE ALWAYS ON THE RUN." -Lucky Dube.
Speaking the truth in Nigeria especially under the Buhari-led APC government is a serious crime.Guess the remember the Jibril that fled to the UK over one year after the 2016 budget padding scandal in the HOR?

Now, the Gandollar babanriga bullion van dollar bribe stuffing videos exposer is being threatened illegally and overt to life because of exposing criminality.Well, Gandollar should know that his Waterloo is here already.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Racoon(m): 7:25am On May 03, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
An innocent heart fears no accusation.My Bible tells me that the guilty run when no one is chasing.

It's not fair, we need to pity the President and put ourselves in the position of our leaders. There are too many of us running away and hoping for this administration to end.
You no well o. grin You cant do nothing to salvage a government bent on self destruction while wanting to annihilate others in its ill fated journey.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by sotall(m): 7:25am On May 03, 2021
Thank God for his life
Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by RichAbujaGuy: 7:37am On May 03, 2021

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by ValCon888: 8:03am On May 03, 2021
This is a government that protects corruption instead of prosecuting it.

3 Likes

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Skillsnigeria: 8:50am On May 03, 2021
hmmm
Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by nototribalist: 9:11am On May 03, 2021
We are not the most corrupt country in the world for nothing

4 Likes

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Nobody: 9:18am On May 03, 2021
Buhari
Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Simplyle0: 9:18am On May 03, 2021
Mtcheew. Don't come back o. These rulers are occultic and devilish. They may eliminate you.

2 Likes

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by BruncleZuma: 9:18am On May 03, 2021
Imagine That
Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Lemmy123(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2021
The depth of corruption in this country is alarming... I wish I had a choice to choose a country at birth, I for no even reason Africa as a whole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Teaser4(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2021
Japa mode!!!

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Igivebooks: 9:18am On May 03, 2021
Hey

Do you struggle with chatting with women? Not getting reply fast enough? Learn how to chat her to your bedroom now.

Get the Bad Boy's Guide To Texting Her To Your Bedroom Now.

https://paystack.com/buy/girls-chase-you
Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Kharol1234: 9:19am On May 03, 2021
Good before they kill him, as them don kill the case

1 Like

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Teaser4(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2021
Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by kollinz1234(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2021
He should better return and face the consequences of his actions. F*cking coward. Am sure he was part of those APC urchins that supported this terrible government since 2015.

Is Jafaar Jafaar Ipob? I thought the UK asylum is for Ipob members alone abeg UK should send that rif raf back to the zoo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by Nobody: 9:19am On May 03, 2021
Nawao, guyman don japa leave us with Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by blinking001(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2021
We are happy for him.
Re: Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video by TriCee: 9:19am On May 03, 2021
Lol, dem still dey pursue am? Gandollar should rest na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Walk For Tinubu In Kano Organized By Seyi Tinubu & Ganduje's son (Video) / Presidential Election: PDP, Atiku File Petition A Day To Deadline / PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.