Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) (56518 Views)

Gunmen Attack Bullion Van In Delta, Cart Away Money / Armed Robbers Attack Bullion Van In Ondo, Gun Down Police Officer / One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by JaceBlaze: 10:54am On May 03, 2021
Bobxin:

Exactly my thought bro. he is just scared, confused, and inexperienced. Unlike the driver.

True,he just wasn't ready.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by winkmart: 10:56am On May 03, 2021
Goldbw122:
They didn't aim the fuel tank, engine, driver or tires, just the body well, they got lucky...

So you believe this prank lol

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by gawu1: 10:56am On May 03, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

This is how countries with NIN prevent crime

grin grin grin grin
cool cool cool
But when the criminals go on incriminating NIN to perpetuate crime
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by UDUJ(m): 10:56am On May 03, 2021
FarahAideed:

Yesoooo , I was depressed for years but now I know it was a blessing in disguise , I would definitely definitely have been in the north east fighting a meaningless war and maybe even dead now like many friends

My dad was in the military as well. A retired army colonel. I went to NMS, Zaria but decided to go to the University instead of NDA when I found out the military life just wasn't for me.

5 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Tapout(m): 10:56am On May 03, 2021
Olayetan:

They were actually lucky, those armed robbers are amateurs cux if it were to be pros, they would have aimed at the wheels and not the windows. But that shit looks scary, the black dude is already scared to be bone.

The van is probably all bulletproof to the exhaust pipe. No be these rubbish dem dey drive here in the name of bullion van.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Bobxin: 10:56am On May 03, 2021
maasoap:

Study have shown that raiders or armed robbers always target the glass of any armoured vehicle being attacked by them. They always believe that that is the most vulnerable part, albeit wrongly!

Exactly, I think the glasses are the strongest parts, As seen in a movie A Man From Nowhere you have to repeatedly shoot at one spot at a close range before the bullet can penetrate.
I still wonder how the steel body witholds bullets though.
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by EdmundDantes(m): 10:58am On May 03, 2021
Olayetan:

Was I not seeing well?, what I saw there is hilux and hilux doesn't use airless tyres.

Ordinary hilux get bullet proof glass?

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by abbeyloyee(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
Mention me if you want to hear a real life story....

Once upon a time in a quiet European city, I had a similar encounter.... cool

Check out more stories here.... IF only the moderators can un-hide my old stories, I have some really great ones. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5141615/memoirs-faceless-man

I missed this Man

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by seyz91(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2021
you are right

thought as much

he didn't do well at all

he was too calm for the event

i salute the driver

he really knows and do well under pressure
TheFacelessMan:
cool

It was a windy day in December, 2015 and I was busy minding my business on the streets of Nairobi

Suddenly I saw a crowd running from The Mall in the centre of town....screaming and crying shocked

My instincts kicked in and I walked up to a guard who was panicking and shouting out indecipherable commands into a walkie-talkie.

"Lieutenant Commander X-X here, what's the sit-rep (situation-report) ?"

Watch the black guy closely... he was unusually calm, I hope he is not responsible for an inside job?
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Tapout(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2021
maasoap:

Study have shown that raiders or armed robbers always target the glass of any armoured vehicle being attacked by them. They always believe that that is the most vulnerable part, albeit wrongly!

They do that for a reason and not necessarily because they believe it's the most vulnerable part of the vehicle. what do you think will happen to the Vehicle if the driver is taken out??
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by seyz91(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2021
The black guy too calm

i hope he didn't plan with the robbers looking at his reaction and response to the whole event
TheFacelessMan:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cash-van-driver-races-away-24021229

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAvqDF3Wujc

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Nobody: 11:08am On May 03, 2021
Angelfrost:

Simple minded individuals always mistake genius for insanity!...

And I'm sure you think you're a genius too...'real recognize real' blahblahblah
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by id4sho(m): 11:08am On May 03, 2021
Bobxin:

I thought any car can be armoured is it specific to some brands alone? please enlighten me.
you are right, all cars can be armoured. it's best with vehicle with bigger engine capacity because of armoured plates and glass weight.
imagine a armoured picanto/corolla/camry, its gonna be slow cos of weight

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 11:10am On May 03, 2021
NarcoPolo:

And I'm sure you think you're a genius too...'real recognize real' blahblahblah

Not at all sir... I am not conceited.

However, I am not hasty to write off uniqueness or talent as insanity without proper evidence.

That makes me Intelligent and Broadminded! cool

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by RussellRutherfo: 11:11am On May 03, 2021
Offpoint1:
From the look of things those bastard were aiming to kill the driver and guard.

No human life is worth taken for money sake.
The pathetic part is they will only squander/waste the money on drugs, women and clothes.

I give the driver kudos cause I would have passed out after the first shot.

The guard was totally disorganized, the driver still has to be the one to tell him to pick his rifle, the driver still have to be the first to go out first...

The Difference between the Response Rate of them White Security Force and our African Security Force Response that has made Islamic Terrorism to continue to thrive.
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by SavageResponse(m): 11:13am On May 03, 2021
Olayetan:

Was I not seeing well?, what I saw there is hilux and hilux doesn't use airless tyres.

Bullet proof vehicles are always built to look like their ordinary counterparts, it's when you do a closer examination that you will realise that there are differences between them and the model on which it is based
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by id4sho(m): 11:13am On May 03, 2021
afroxyz:

No sense of urgency. Had to be reminded to get the gun which he could not even hold well. Was the last one out of the door.
That vehicle Toyota land cruiser doesn't have gun port unlike the Nigerian version which is a design flaw. you expect to open the doors
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by id4sho(m): 11:17am On May 03, 2021
SavageResponse:

Bullet proof vehicles are always built to look like their ordinary counterparts, it's when you do a closer examination that you will realise that there are differences between them and the model on which it is based
The luxurious ones, the ones for rapid response and banks have gun port for return fire. This SA truck doesn't have gun port which is a design flaw

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by femifemi1(m): 11:17am On May 03, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
cool

It was a windy day in December, 2015 and I was busy minding my business on the streets of Nairobi

Suddenly I saw a crowd running from The Mall in the centre of town....screaming and crying shocked

My instincts kicked in and I walked up to a guard who was panicking and shouting out indecipherable commands into a walkie-talkie.

Watch the black guy closely... he was unusually calm, I hope he is not responsible for an inside job?

The black guy shaa....probably an accomplice. No motivation to fight back even after the car stopped.
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 11:18am On May 03, 2021
I'm being suspicious with the second guard self, why is he not cocking the gun at first? And he was so calmed knowing fully well that he hasn't cock the gun.
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by PAQ(m): 11:18am On May 03, 2021
The driver got balls! Kept his composure, drove the car to safety with out panicking even when you could see fear in him. After coming to a stop, he took the rifle and still went out of the car to face whatever threat..... Meanwhile the blackman be like say dem gum am to that seat.... Still calling Robbie,i guess.
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 11:19am On May 03, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
cool

Damn, you spoke my mind.
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by id4sho(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2021
The video was from a cash-in-transit heist that took place in Pretoria on Thursday, 22 April. Dramatic footage from the inside of a cash-in-transit vehicle made waves on social media and offered a new perspective to the danger cash-in-transit security personnel face on a daily basis. The clip, which is time and date stamped, is from an incident that took place on the N4 highway Pretoria. Naidoo added that no arrests have been made thus far. Fortis Pro Active Defence Solutions identified the driver as Leo Prinsloo, a former SAPS member and current instructor at the security company. The company said Leo is unavailable for comment because the incident is part of an ongoing investigation. In Macassar on Wednesday, a group of men attacked a cash-in-transit van, which resulted in several crime scenes across Cape Town. A police sergeant and a security guard were injured in one of the shooting incidents. After a dramatic shootout, the suspects fled the scene in two hijacked vehicles but a strong response by SAPS led to their capture. “The suspects were tracked down to Khayamandi taxi rank in Stellenbosch. Three suspects were arrested and five firearms including three AK-47 rifles as well as five vehicles were seized in Stellenbosch. Two of the vehicles were hijacked by the suspects as they fled the Macassar scene,” said Naidoo. Here are some interesting facts about the video. The driver of the van, who reacts incredibly calmly, maneuvers through the traffic to escape. At one point, he appears to ram one of the two vehicles chasing the van. At: 0:42 Leo decides to turn the vehicle against oncoming traffic, hoping to elude the robbers. He's moving in oncoming traffic at 0:52. At 0:58 - Leo says... "They're coming after us" - meaning they are following him going against the ongoing traffic. At this point they are headed against ongoing traffic. You can see the cars across the lane to the right, headed in the same direction. At 1:12 they cannot go further as the road is blocked ahead with ongoing traffic, so they have to turn around and come back they way they came... right in to the face of the Armed Robbers. At 1:25 as they've turned around, they now have to head straight towards the armed robbers. Leo says "They're going to shoot you" At 1:41 Leo says "Phone Robbie, phone Josh, ask them where they are" At 2:04 Leo tries to go over the curb to get to safety because he was at another dead end. Leo says "F*cking shoot him" By 2:20 he high centers the vehicle on the curb and the truck isn't going anywhere. He tries to back up to get out of it, but he can't. They now have to fight these guys. This dude has KING KONG BALLS
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by 2kurupt(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2021
meobizy:
Finally I've watched this video. What did I learn? Absolutely nothing.
It's for you to appreciate the dangers some people pass through in order to put food on their table, and be thankful for how safe your job or business is.

That evasive driving is what stood between being alive or dead for the driver and his colleague.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Olayetan(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2021
EdmundDantes:

Ordinary hilux get bullet proof glass?

So you haven't seen bulletproof hilux.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Bolaji26(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2021
FarahAideed:

Oga I spent most of my young life in the military, my father a decorated Combatant, my father's senior brother senior brother a legend in the NIGERIAN ARMY till date ..I am 100 percent Military background
Mumu once again.
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by Weathered: 11:27am On May 03, 2021
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by ymdo(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
Mention me if you want to hear a real life story....

Once upon a time in a quiet European city, I had a similar encounter.... cool

Check out more stories here.... IF only the moderators can un-hide my old stories, I have some really great ones. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5141615/memoirs-faceless-man
Do you know the name of the film in that your gif image. I've been searching for it for a while now
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by 2kurupt(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2021
Marpol2021:
[b][/b]next time you should be the one to aim the fuel tank.just imagine as person they reason. shocked tongue

Lol, funny how he thinks the truck will be fitted with bulletproof glass but the fuel tank or tires will not be reinforced grin
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by TheFacelessMan: 11:42am On May 03, 2021
ymdo:
Do you know the name of the film in that your gif image. I've been searching for it for a while now

It is my own true life experience....

But check Christian Bale's Equilibrium (2000)
Re: Armed Robbers Rain Bullets On Cash Van In South Africa (Video) by TheFacelessMan: 11:42am On May 03, 2021
ymdo:

It is my own true life experience.... cool

But check Christian Bale's Equilibrium (2000)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos / Man Killed & Buried In Anambra. Police Arrest Killers, Recover Body (Graphic) / Yahoo Boy Fights Friends Who Abandoned Him After Going Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.