Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) (60395 Views)

2 Rescued As Police, Hunters Kill Two Kidnap Suspects In Adamawa (Graphic Pics) / Kogi Vigilante, Local Hunters Swooped On Criminals, Arrest Five Gang Leaders / Local Hunters And Cattle Breeders Clamp Down On Kidnappers In Adamawa. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by AfroKnight: 10:39am On May 03, 2021
AbabaExpert:
Hunger in the land

It is not hunger that made the hunters kill the elephant. It is just for bragging rights.

Hunger will make you go for the easiest game available not an elephant. They should all be arrested.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by theTranslator: 10:40am On May 03, 2021
Joel3:
it's rainforest elephant. they are smaller in size unlike the savannah and desert elephant
nothing like desert elephants
they migrated
all African elephants are the same species sir
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by sulaak(m): 10:41am On May 03, 2021
Baawaa:
Elephant is good meat,no cause for alarm

When you kill all the remaining elephants, what will you eat?

Ignorance and stupidity have destroyed Nigeria.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:41am On May 03, 2021
theTranslator:

the people in the pictures are not responsible
it was written legibly in the write up sir
try to read before posting

My rage over this terrible crime was such that I didn't bother to read the details before reacting. All I saw in that picture was a bunch of smiling happy criminals posing at the crime scene where a senseless and idiotic slaugher of a critically endangered species took place.

As a responsible hunter of many years who would NEVER kill ANY endangered animal, this story filled me with such disgust and anger.

1 Like

Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Axzobr: 10:42am On May 03, 2021
Tho it might now be good.

But there's serious hunger in the land. We should be thankful that they aren't Killing humans for food
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by descarado: 10:42am On May 03, 2021
We can't differentiate what to eat in this country bikonu?
Elephant kwa shocked cry
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by toffyz(m): 10:42am On May 03, 2021
Brightale:
So, you mean all elephant should be killed and eaten. Chai

They're animals bro...If edible it can be eaten!

Let's ask ourselves why did God create all these animals??

Could It be for tourism only??
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by thaoriginator: 10:42am On May 03, 2021
Mi bloodclaat!

Why kill a harmless animal??
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Joel3(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2021
theTranslator:
nothing like desert elephants they migrated all African elephants are the same species sir
oga google is your friend
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by sulaak(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2021
seyz91:
have we humans ourselves learned to cohabit together talkless of with other Animals

you see tribal war, racism and the likes

Maybe we should learn about population control, a family shouldn't have more than two children. Then we have fewer people to fight over.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2021
Baawaa:
Elephant is good meat,no cause for alarm

Kill your own biological children, roast them and eat them, since ALL meat is good meat, in your idiotic world view.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 10:45am On May 03, 2021
Tdotbluejays:
Are they now going to eat it.
The men feeling proud after killing a baby elephant

The self righteous animal rights have cause to complain,for these animals are well preserved and taken care of in a saner clime but in Nigeria,it is the opposite!
About two months ago,a friend from Ibadan showed a malnourished Lion in the Zoo that you can only pity the animal!
Two decades ago,Jos was having the best of animals in the Zoo not until Babangida destroyed the Plateu State by imposing strangers to rule the Directorate and that State was never the same today.
Please,blame your leaders and stop insulting the innocent Nigerians that are hungry and looking for way to live!

1 Like

Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On May 03, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You obviously didn't read the content. Ha!! Education is good o. Most of those commenting didn't read words of less than 50 enough to comprehend it and that's why you believe everything including those planted in the media to blame Buhari for everything.
Association of Headline Readers headquarter is here on Nairaland.
the term "they" as used, refers to the hunters who killed it, and not the reportage of the act .u obviously don't know how to read or may be you read backwards. That is the 4th elephant killed in 2 yrs in Ogun. Elephants are very scarce in d wild, besides, they pose no threat to man, so y kill em.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by theTranslator: 10:46am On May 03, 2021
Joel3:
I repeat they are all loxodanta africana
they only migrated and are the same size.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by theTranslator: 10:46am On May 03, 2021
Joel3:
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by ARAGON22(m): 10:48am On May 03, 2021
Stupid and irrelevant news
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by sylve11: 10:48am On May 03, 2021
Sad... sad cool
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by MemoriesAndMe: 10:49am On May 03, 2021
amzee:
Is elephant meat edible?
I'm curious to know
I was thinking same. I wonder how long it will take to cook. Of all the meat in the world, some savages still chose this? I guess they killed it for the tusks cos I dont see them in the pix. Heard those are costly.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by IME1: 10:50am On May 03, 2021
This is too sad
I feel so sad for the elephant population generally in the world.
In eastern Africa it's their tusks that are hunted for
In Nigeria and our neighbours it's the meat and prestige

Sad

Please let's support preservation of elephants and rare species- dolphins, whales, tortoise and even lion

Modified:
But not snakes angry kill them all
Although I noticed that since I curtailed the issue of snakes in my compound rats have increased now there is a rat issue.
Not just rat but bush rat- fat and fast
They compete with my goats for their food

How do I go about it?
Please don't suggest cats or dogs, they can't cohabit with the things we have in the compound.

Please anyone with suggestions in curtailing rats should please help
We don't have plenty bushes but the plants we have and small bush serves as their hood
thanks
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by johnnychuks(m): 10:50am On May 03, 2021
have they been able to protect their fellow hemans not to talk of elephant, talk is chip.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Johnhug66(m): 10:51am On May 03, 2021
Xhuntra:
Hunger is really ravaging south west. Very soon, they will start killing each other for meat
Omo ale ni e
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Xhuntra: 10:53am On May 03, 2021
Johnhug66:

Omo ale ni e

Otu Nne gi there grin
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Andyvilly: 10:56am On May 03, 2021
so unfortunate, elephant prick big o, chai! but that na cigar for where Nigeria girls kpekus dey.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by seyz91(m): 10:58am On May 03, 2021
you are right
sulaak:

Maybe we should learn about population control, a family shouldn't have more than two children. Then we have fewer people to fight over.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by godlessmind: 10:58am On May 03, 2021
TMSMedia:
Elephant Protection Initiative has raised concern that Nigeria's elephant population is fast depleting after local hunters shot dead a 4th elephant in Ogun State, IgbereTV reports.

The elephant was killed near Omo forest in Ogun State. Elephant Protection Initiative stated on Twitter that this is the 4th elephant illegally killed in two years.

Elephant Protection Initiative wrote;

https://twitter.com/EPIAfrica/status/1388768553642430468?s=20

MAN IS A THREAT TO NATURE
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Elliotwaveforec: 10:58am On May 03, 2021
Why killing elephants? They should be conserved.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Elliotwaveforec: 11:00am On May 03, 2021
2special:
Kill criminal Fulani herder men's not Elephant

Gbam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by aniblue(m): 11:00am On May 03, 2021
Really sad
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Lewandoski20(m): 11:04am On May 03, 2021
This recent onslaught by Nigerians on Wildlife is really disturbing and nauseating. This most be discouraged by all means.
Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by Joel3(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2021
theTranslator:
https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/forest-elephant

Re: Local Hunters Kill 4th Elephant In 2 Years In Ogun State (Photos) by yesloaded: 11:08am On May 03, 2021
toffyz:

Thanks for the insight.

But If the hunters had captured the elephant alive, do you think the concerned agency would have compensated them for their bravery??

That's the major issue with Nigerian government which is very bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Murdered By Guys For Rituals In Port-Harcourt (Graphic Pic) / Dubai Porta Potty: Important Notice Regarding Lady In The Picture / Sally Dagun Of Union Bank Steals Customer’s N8.8 Million In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.