Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? (21708 Views)

Infinix Note 12 G96: Better Value Than Xiaomi Or Poco / Umidigi One Pro Is Way More Better Than Xiaomi Note 5 Pro / How To Unfreeze Apps In Infinix Not 3 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by WeNoGoDie(m): 3:42pm On May 04, 2021
Rareoil:

Oga Xiaomi phones shines white light from the screen when you want to take pictures at dark this is better than having a flash at the front of the phone.

gone are the days people use phones with front and back flash

Nokia too does this.

I agree Xiaomi phones are better. But I also firmly believe that front and back flash is an absolute necessity.

Coming from someone that has used both xiaomi, Infinix and Tecno.

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Lavisha(f): 3:44pm On May 04, 2021
donbenie:
The Pocket Lawyer has spoken..
If you need charge and bail,remember to give him a call.. grin
Charge and bail?!!
wtf?!!
hehehe

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Falconx47: 3:49pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:
Samsung phones with g70 processor are not 400k. If they are this superb with g70 processor and LCD screens, they will even be more superb when they use Samsung display and high end processor like they did.

You can argue from today till tomorrow, what I can tell you though is that the makers of Infinix, tecno, understand their target market...I give them that. They won't make those class of products, even if they could.

2 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by explosiveskull(m): 3:52pm On May 04, 2021
LegalRambles:
Over the years Infinix has produced affordable quality phones. Now this begs the question is infinix not doing the greater good? Xiaomi phones have a lot of problems, no spare parts and are very expensive. But infinix phones are cheap , have no issues and the spare parts are everywhere. The discussion is open...
Una too prepare very well this time.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by emmydee(m): 3:55pm On May 04, 2021
donsheddy1:
What certifies you as a heavy user? You think your phone screen being on for 24 hours means you're a heavy user?
I would not know why you picked on "a heavy user" amongst all I shared up there. The interpretation of a heavy user could be independent. Some people use their phones sparingly while others are always pressing theirs. Some always play games, listen to songs, browse, chat or always on calls. My own interpretation rests on the fact that I am always browsing and playing games, watch movies and sometimes listen to my highlife music. Everyone has his spec. The point I am trying to make is show the battery life. So if a phone screen is on for 24hours, that's heavy usage naa. Whatever one does with his phone shouldn't be your business my brother.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 3:57pm On May 04, 2021
Falconx47:

You can argue from today till tomorrow, what I can tell you though is that the makers of Infinix, tecno, understand their target market...I give them that. They won't make those class of products, even if they could.
even if they could. not that they can't. At least, you are being rational. so, does understanding their market translate to poor quality phones or cost effective and pocket friendly phones? Because it seems like samsung has understood the market too with the A series that houses mefiatek chips, LCD Display, 720 x 1560 Pixels, 264 PPI and Octa-core Processor (2.3 GHz, 1.8 GHz)

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by explosiveskull(m): 3:57pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

Remind him of notification light, front flash light,
i can't take selfie with my redmi9 indoors because it has no front flash.

So you think, it is lens size that matters when you need a good picture?
Can any best premium smart phone lens snap better than any dslr digital camera?
Most times your software matters alot.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by explosiveskull(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

if infinix produce a phone that is worth 400k plus, it will be extra superb.
They will need to downsize their staff to do that na.

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Falconx47: 4:03pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

even if they could. not that they can't. At least, you are being rational. so, does understanding their market translate to poor quality phones or cost effective and pocket friendly phones? Because it seems like samsung has understood the market too with the A series that houses mefiatek chips, LCD Display, 720 x 1560 Pixels, 264 PPI and Octa-core Processor (2.3 GHz, 1.8 GHz)

But then somehow Xiaomi gives far top notch quality, for similar prices. When I say they understand their market, I wasn't necessarily talking about cheap prices o. They understand the psychology of their intended consumers, let them try to sell their phones elsewhere first.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 4:04pm On May 04, 2021
explosiveskull:

So you think, it is lens size that matters when you need a good picture?
Can any best premium smart phone lens snap better than any dslr digital camera?
Most times your software matters alot.
are you implying that a better software will make the infinix camera better than it is? So it is a software defect and not a phone defect. We should probably blame it on Google for making a defective camera app for infinix device and a non defective one for Samsung.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2021
Falconx47:

But then somehow Xiaomi gives far top notch quality, for similar prices. When I say they understand their market, I wasn't necessarily talking about cheap prices o. They understand the psychology of their intended consumers, let them try to sell their phones elsewhere first.
Xiaomi can never produce a top notch quality pictures. You are only deceived by your screen resolution. The pictures I took with my old Gionee M5 still beat the ones I took with the Redmi 9.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by explosiveskull(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2021
edoairways:

Does Xiaomi pays tax and other levies in Nigeria?
Can you say one minute thing the tax they are paying in Nigeria is affecting you?
You still have mosquito net in your window or sleep in a mosquito net.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by explosiveskull(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

are you implying that a better software will make the infinix camera better than it is? So it is a software defect and not a phone defect. We should probably blame it on Google for making a defective camera app for infinix device and a non defective one for Samsung.
You are far from where am talking from. It will be hard educating you on the things you should have known about phone and quality.

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by atheistandproud(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2021
Na wa oh. knngGezy, when you go wise up?

This useless cheap and affordable mantra has been thrashed a long time ago.

Link here: https://www.nairaland.com/5826013/tecno-infinix-cheap-affordable-phones

Transsion phones, apart from the Camon, Zero and Note series are nothing to write home about.

Comparing them to Xiaomi phones at the same price point is just pointless

7 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 4:13pm On May 04, 2021
explosiveskull:

They will need to downsize their staff to do that na.
I wish I am a staff of infinix to receive this compliment on their behalf. So infinix is people oriented. Such a generous heart they have to forsake profit to make sure employees keep their jobs.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by atheistandproud(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

Xiaomi can never produce a top notch quality pictures. You are only deceived by your screen resolution. The pictures I took with my old Gionee M5 still beat the ones I took with the Redmi 9.

Redmi Note 9 Pro

5 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by rita25(f): 4:15pm On May 04, 2021
xiomi no be infinix mate grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by atheistandproud(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

Redmi Note 7

3 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2021
explosiveskull:

You are far from where am talking from. It will be hard educating you on the things you should have known about phone and quality.
I would have loved being educated by youyou about what I don't know but unfortunately, there is nothing I'm missing. I have used the twain and found the areas both phones are lacking.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

Redmi Note 7
Redmi 9.
I can not even share this picture because of it poor quality.

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by FryMosquito: 4:22pm On May 04, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi note 10 now available for Jumia..
Xiaomi official store at Jumia ng

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Falconx47: 4:30pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

That could be true, but I wouldn't know, what I want in a phone is hitchless performance, durability and serviceability.

Everyone should remain in their weight class and provide satisfaction to their customer segments, I did enjoy my Tecno M3 that year too before the battery started to swell like fufu.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by atheistandproud(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:
Redmi 9. I can not even share this picture because of it poor quality.
You need to learn how to handle mobile cameras better.

5 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ekensi01: 4:33pm On May 04, 2021
S series of infinix are the best but too expensive
Rgade:

Still too early for a verdict.
Give it a few more months.
I know two people that got the Hot 9 almost at the same time; that was around October last year.
Currently these two phones are virtually unusable, like I don’t know how they manage.
The lagging is just unbelievable.
You click an app, it takes 10 seconds to load.
Task button takes even longer to respond.
Swiping through a list will make you wonder if your fingers are made of glass; minimal response.
Infinix used to be good but now they’ve just lost it. The hot 4 and hot 5 were both amazing phones; I think those were the last god hot phones they made. I think they maintained quality with the Notes though.
I know someone who still uses a Note 4 and the phone is fantastic, doesn’t lag a bit.
Anyone getting an infinix phone should at least go for a note.

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 4:41pm On May 04, 2021
Was i handling my other other phone differently.
atheistandproud:

You need to learn how to handle mobile cameras better.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by thesolutions(m): 4:44pm On May 04, 2021
FryMosquito:
Xiaomi Redmi note 10 now available for Jumia..
Xiaomi official store on Jumia
MI 10t available in Jos. 210k only
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Meister(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

You're seriously uniformed, camera sensors that make up a phone along with its processor and optimization level dictates how good a camera is, nothing concerns Samsung.

The major sensor makers are Samsung, Sony and omnivision. Phone companies that make use of the sensors from the aforementioned companies always list out the sensors used on each of their cameras while those that use generic sensors from nameless companies (these sensors deteriorate over time which is responsible for lower quality pictures from transsion devices within a period of time) never mention the sensors used.

For the sake of reference when infinix released the zero 8 they talked so much about its flagship level Sony imx 686 sensor and since then there's literally none of their phones that the sensor used has been mentioned now if you search online every single Xiaomi device right from their entry level uses known sensors so your camera talk doesn't hold water unless you confuse contrasty pictures with good pictures

13 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Meister(m): 4:47pm On May 04, 2021
ekensi01:
S series of infinix are the best but too expensive

Like the S5 pro that has fake specs ?

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by temielects(m): 4:52pm On May 04, 2021
Xaomi/Redmi is a better choice compared to all this infinix Tecno itel phones combined...the graphics the smartness and responds,I prefer xaomi to to infinix by far

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by edoairways: 5:00pm On May 04, 2021
explosiveskull:

Can you say one minute thing the tax they are paying in Nigeria is affecting you?
You still have mosquito net in your window or sleep in a mosquito net.
Thanks to the tax, you see improvement in the infrastructure of schools ( tertiary institutions), upgrade of some teaching hospitals etc
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Tiger2020(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

its obvious you know noting about smartphone

4 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Abid2020(m): 5:11pm On May 04, 2021
Donvic4u:

Does the iPhone or Samsung have front flash?
in this case infinix is better than both isung

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Whatsapp On Window Mobile 6.5 / Download God Of War 4 Apk + Obb And Iso File For Ppsspp / Has Anyone Bought Ntel Simcard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.