Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? (21706 Views)

Infinix Note 12 G96: Better Value Than Xiaomi Or Poco / Umidigi One Pro Is Way More Better Than Xiaomi Note 5 Pro / How To Unfreeze Apps In Infinix Not 3 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by chiefobdk(m): 11:05pm On May 04, 2021
psucc:
This is the most honest post on NL in recent time.

That lagging and hanging is same here on my Tecno Pop. Worst, I followed Tecno on Twitter, posts some screenshots of the issue, and asked if there could be a way out, but till now, no response not even acknowledgement.

I discovered that Tecno and Infinix phones are products of the same company. I give up on both phones.

Tecno infinix itel oraimo synix
All trash from a company named transsion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by DedeNkem: 11:08pm On May 04, 2021
Crappy phones!
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by chiefobdk(m): 11:10pm On May 04, 2021
yungrylex00:
I can't remember just go to alaba
Only two shops sells xiaomi phone parts in alaba

Xiomi parts everywhr at alaba

Go to sunnyblack

Or

Obidivine

From thr find ur way

Xiomi parts is everywhere in computer Village.. Go to gtbank plaza. Then the first plaza in that street they all sell xiomi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by chiefobdk(m): 11:13pm On May 04, 2021
emmydee:

I would not know why you picked on "a heavy user" amongst all I shared up there. The interpretation of a heavy user could be independent. Some people use their phones sparingly while others are always pressing theirs. Some always play games, listen to songs, browse, chat or always on calls. My own interpretation rests on the fact that I am always browsing and playing games, watch movies and sometimes listen to my highlife music. Everyone has his spec. The point I am trying to make is show the battery life. So if a phone screen is on for 24hours, that's heavy usage naa. Whatever one does with his phone shouldn't be your business my brother.

Heavy usage is when u play applications that consume RAM..

heavy games like FIFA.. ASPHALT games of 4gb 2gb

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by iamdapsyj(m): 11:18pm On May 04, 2021
RingRoadMafia:
You will never see Righteousness2 having discussions on intellectual threads like this. The guy can't contribute to things he knows nothing about. If the manufacturers of that phone he's using to type conspiracy theories up and down were as dumb as him, I wonder how he would have come up with those lies he's spreading. You abhor science and technology but you're deeply immersed in it's products, what's the difference between you and Boko Haram??

Funny enough he does not know the bible!!! Lol grin
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by xolomonstrides(m): 11:21pm On May 04, 2021
Please guys be wise, these tecno and infinix (transsion) open threads here and get their robots to deceive people. Go do your research.. Xiaomi does not rate 3rd or 4th worldwide in terms of sales and top 3 best midrange phone by every renowned reviewer for nothing.

It you like listen if you like don't.. Google is your friend.. YouTube is your friend. Do your research.
Don't just make your decision based on what I or any other person say here.

3 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by chiefobdk(m): 11:23pm On May 04, 2021
edoairways:

Xiaomi does not have a fixed base shop like Tecno in Nigeria.

What do u mean fixed base shop?

Tecno sell to thr distributors who in turn sell to Nigerians.. Tecno have a carlcare whr they offer services...

Xiaomi sell to thr distributors who in turn sell to Nigerians.. Xiomi have thr service centre across Nigeria

Most tecno dealers are also xiaomi dealers..
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by iamdapsyj(m): 11:35pm On May 04, 2021
thesolutions:

Redmi 9.
I can not even share this picture because of it poor quality.

You should have put the water mark of the redmi 9 in the picture to show that its truly a redmi phone oga...enjoy your infinix in peace grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by meshachdbuzz(m): 12:03am On May 05, 2021
LegalRambles:
Over the years Infinix has produced affordable quality phones. Now this begs the question is infinix not doing the greater good? Xiaomi phones have a lot of problems, no spare parts and are very expensive. But infinix phones are cheap , have no issues and the spare parts are everywhere. The discussion is open...

I still dey look for infinix zero 5 screen till date not on aliexpress not on Jumia not on Alaba market not even in ikeja rubbish.. and it came out same year with my redmi Note 6pro and i have replace my screen this year in Nigeria here
And u say the parts is not everywhere..

One useless Itel screen is 16k at alaba I was shock and the phone new one is around 30k oo

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by meshachdbuzz(m): 12:12am On May 05, 2021
Falconx47:

That could be true, but I wouldn't know, what I want in a phone is hitchless performance, durability and serviceability.

Everyone should remain in their weight class and provide satisfaction to their customer segments, I did enjoy my Tecno M3 that year too before the battery started to swell like fufu.

Lol grin grin grin

MY first android phone dat year I can kill anybody especially wen bbm was lunch and its testing mode in android then..how time past
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by hansomb: 12:21am On May 05, 2021
most of my guys that owns infinix or Tecno usually come to me to snap documents pictures for them with Xiaomi device then send back into there device. I have been using Redmi charger for the past 5 months without any problem, my last itel device consumed more than 15 chargers. I used to blame NEPA before but now I know better. My last itel device used to cause me eye problems if used for long but since I have transferred to Redmi device I have no such issues. It take nothing less than 4 hours to fill infinix hot device while it take less to fill Redmi devices with more battery capacity. there are many more examples. Though I have no beef with them transition but Redmi devices are far ahead when you compare cost and performance ratio. Even Samsung are restrategizing with affordable devices because Xiaomi are posing a threat to them.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by Nobody: 1:11am On May 05, 2021
Rgade:

Still too early for a verdict.
Give it a few more months.
I know two people that got the Hot 9 almost at the same time; that was around October last year.
Currently these two phones are virtually unusable, like I don’t know how they manage.
The lagging is just unbelievable.
You click an app, it takes 10 seconds to load.
Task button takes even longer to respond.
Swiping through a list will make you wonder if your fingers are made of glass; minimal response.
Infinix used to be good but now they’ve just lost it. The hot 4 and hot 5 were both amazing phones; I think those were the last god hot phones they made. I think they maintained quality with the Notes though.
I know someone who still uses a Note 4 and the phone is fantastic, doesn’t lag a bit.
Anyone getting an infinix phone should at least go for a note.
I currently use hot 4
And it doesn't lag like their latest hot series
Hot 4,5 and partially 6 was the best hot they made

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 5:24am On May 05, 2021
thepoweruser:

Y'all have to understand that every phone has it's strengths and weaknesses.
Transsion's main selling point in Africa is their after-sales service and the fact that they understand the African market.
Now, let me explain. Many of us here on Nairaland are old enough to remember when Tecno first started manufacturing Android cellphones (I think it's in 2012, when we had the Tecno N3. Who remembers that phone? wink ) I still recall Infinix's first phone, though, the Alpha (?)
What I'm trying to say is that it's all about brand recognition. Trust me, I know how good Xiaomi's phones are (damn, I can't wait to see the Mi Mix 4 or whatever they go'n be callin' it! ) but they have one big issue in Nigeria.
Some of you here are vehemently against Transsion (howdy, skywalker wink ; hi, sunshine smiley ; hey, where's drjprince?! sad ) and I perfectly understand. I've been on Nairaland as a guest since 2017, and I've been reading all your posts. I know firsthand how unimpressive Transsion's phones are, both spec-wise and through using them. For instance, I once used an itel A56. DAMN, THAT PHONE MADE ME HATE BLOATWARE! ALMOST 40 APPS PREINSTALLED ON A PHONE WITH .16GB of storage! And performance, even with Android Go, was bad for me , because stupid itel went to slap a heavy skin on top of an already light OS. I've also used Infinixes (Hot 4, Hot 5, Hot 7 Pro), Tecnos (Camon C8, Spark 4) and a Gionee (S10 Lite). Thanks to my budget, I couldn't get anything better. That S10 performed the best, but I had to sell it. (Damn brokeness). Currently into KaiOS, cuz I can't stand lag. Two seconds' keyboard delay can drive me insane grin. Haven't used a Xiaomi; the only one I've actually seen in the flesh was a Redmi 7A and I had to pinch myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming).
You see? Not many people I know even know what Xiaomi is (hell, they can't even pronounce it! grin). I've known Xiaomi ever since 2013, when surfing the web I stumbled upon the Redmi 2. If you go to a lot of stores in Nigeria, you hardly see anyone with them. In Ikorodu, where I live, I wanted to get the Redmi Note 5s, but no store there had it. I had to buy the Camon 8 as a stopgap but the staff at Demmy Global; damn, they wanted me to buy it and I urgently needed a phone. The phone's battery ended up swelling after eleven months. I guess it was my fault ( hey, I said I'm a power user, nein? I was playing PPSSPP and charging the damn thing all the time tongue). And on Jumia, they ain't goin' below #50K. You say Aliexpress but I don't wanna wait three weeks to get a phone that Jumia would deliver in four days. It's kind of like in the US; you wanna buy an LG or Xperia flagship, you gotta look for it. And how about servicing it? Repairpal? If I bought a Poco X3 (incredible value phone) and it so happens to fall (I'm a careful guy with phones that don't piss me off, but accidents do happen, yeah?) how am I gonna fix it? Order the screen from Aliexpress? I guess I could, but the average Sule doesn't want to go through all that stress just to fix a phone. That's why people left Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. Wahala boku for dis kontri, why add to it?
TL:DR: I hope you understand. wink

Redmi phones are now readily available

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 5:36am On May 05, 2021
thesolutions:

Xiaomi can never produce a top notch quality pictures. You are only deceived by your screen resolution. The pictures I took with my old Gionee M5 still beat the ones I took with the Redmi 9.

By top quality, you mean over-exposed pictures? Yeah, right! "Xiaomi can NEVER produce a top notch quality pictures" grin

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 5:39am On May 05, 2021
thesolutions:
Was i handling my other other phone differently.

Do well to post shots taken with the Redmi 9 and your Gionee M5 let's see something grin

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 5:40am On May 05, 2021
Abid2020:
in this case infinix is better than both isung

Something dey wrong with you bros
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 5:42am On May 05, 2021
edoairways:

I only pointed tax, there are other factors responsible for the high price. For example, Xiaomi rarely advertise their products on TV and radio rather they make use of bloggers and vloggers. They forget that the number of persons using the internet is minute when compared to those listening to radio. Thirdly, Xiaomi does not have a good chain of distributions, they cut corners to save cost. However Tecno has good distribution network hence they spend more on advertisement campaign.

Check sales. Your precious Tecno no smell top 5
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 5:47am On May 05, 2021
IduNaOba:

Chief mi 11 Ultra has better screen only.
Sammy destroys it when camera is mentioned.
S21 ultra destroys it in a primary camera fight.

The only thing mi 11 Ultra has going for it is the screen and wide angle lens which is why I will get the device by year end when price don fall.
But in terms of color accuracy, sammy beats mi 11 Ultra pics

Watch MrWhoseTheBoss camera comparison of the mi 11 ultra and the s21 ultra and understand that Xiaomi no come play. And no, he is no fan of Xiaomi grin

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 5:50am On May 05, 2021
chiefobdk:

Oga stop bragging ontop ur wack phone..

Infinix hot 8. Is a 2gb RAM phone...
It is really really slow...

Imagine saying we don't expect u to use slow phone though!!!.

People wey dey use 8gb or 6gb RAM phone go come talk say thr phone na ZOOM abi FLASH

I sell phones, I have sold more than 500 pcs of hot 8...its a low budget phone when it first launched it was 34k..

How 34k phone wan take fast bikonu. When be say na infinix..

Infinix 2gb RAM is actually 1.7gb

Matter tire me fa. 2gb ram phone fast? Nothing I no go see for nairaland grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by edoairways: 7:35am On May 05, 2021
ityP:

Check sales. Your precious Tecno no smell top 5
Tecno's focus is Africa and some part of Asia hence they are doing well
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 7:47am On May 05, 2021
edoairways:

Tecno's focus is Africa and some part of Asia hence they are doing well

Because they produce substandard phones

1 Like

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by credon: 7:47am On May 05, 2021
thesolutions:

Remind him of notification light, front flash light,
i can't take selfie with my redmi9 indoors because it has no front flash.
Front flash is old school, this is 2021 and the future, we now use whats called SCREEN FLASH. Besides the front flash is now confirmed to be bad for the eyes because selfies are taken close to the face, main cam of all phones have a good distance which makes the flash ok for the eyes

3 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by credon: 7:51am On May 05, 2021
thesolutions:

Remind him of notification light, front flash light,
i can't take selfie with my redmi9 indoors because it has no front flash.
In place of notification lights there is always on display for amoled screens, and there are soo many notifiers on playstore for all types of screens. Manufacturers dont need to add them on phones. Our backwardness is known thats why old features are looking new to some of us
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by edoairways: 10:46am On May 05, 2021
ityP:

Because they produce substandard phones
That is not an excuse. Your so called standard phones are difficult to sell in Africa
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by jimmychang: 12:57pm On May 05, 2021
chiefobdk:

Advice from someone that sells phones..

If you re not going for high range Samsung then u better stay wit redmi or u buy MI or XIOMI..

very reliable..

I sold redmi note 8 to a lady 66k 2020. She sold it last week 85k..the phone is amazing its 150k online now..

Thanks ....i think i will go for a higher samsung divice
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by mathefaro(m): 1:22pm On May 05, 2021
IduNaOba:

Their selfies are so soft because the screen light is not really good.

What of night video calls??

I review phones
I am a Sammy user
But that guy made valid points.
I took this picture at about 10.30pm in a totally dark room so what point are you making exactly?

4 Likes

Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by IduNaOba: 8:28pm On May 05, 2021
ityP:

Watch MrWhoseTheBoss camera comparison of the mi 11 ultra and the s21 ultra and understand that Xiaomi no come play. And no, he is no fan of Xiaomi grin

I have seen it a billion times.
S21 beats it when it's a camera war.
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by IduNaOba: 8:29pm On May 05, 2021
mathefaro:
I took this picture at about 10.30pm in a totally dark room so what point are you making exactly?
Chief get a phone with same resolution and take same pics with front flash.
Sceen flash is like soft box
How I go take explain now

How about night vidoe calls?
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 11:27pm On May 05, 2021
IduNaOba:

I have seen it a billion times.
S21 beats it when it's a camera war.

Lol. Even MrWhoseTheBoss, wey no too send Xiaomi agrees that overall, Mi 11 ultra na the better camera
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 11:30pm On May 05, 2021
edoairways:

That is not an excuse. Your so called standard phones are difficult to sell in Africa

Redmi don dey give transsion run for their money, especially for naija. Transsion had to start using gamecentric chipsets sef, cause competition don dey too choke
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by ityP(m): 11:32pm On May 05, 2021
IduNaOba:

Chief get a phone with same resolution and take same pics with front flash.
Sceen flash is like soft box
How I go take explain now

How about night vidoe calls?

Shebi you see how details dey that pic, if na with flash, details will be poor. Overexposure is not a good thing in photography o and that's what front flash does. It's not needed. If it was, other OEM for dey include am. It will not even have an effect on price
Re: Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? by edoairways: 1:42am On May 06, 2021
ityP:

Redmi don dey give transsion run for their money, especially for naija. Transsion had to start using gamecentric chipsets sef, cause competition don dey too choke
Unfortunately not all phone users are game freak. It wasn't Xiaomi that made them sit up rather the like of Oppo, and Vivo did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Glo Blackberry Packages: Best Deal Across Board / Whatsapp On Window Mobile 6.5 / Download God Of War 4 Apk + Obb And Iso File For Ppsspp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.