Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria (49702 Views)

Morayo Afolabi-Brown On Lekki: I Spoke The Truth Before Attack On TVC / Independence Day: 5 Nollywood Movies That Celebrate Nigeria / Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Subsider(m): 11:03pm On May 03, 2021
Money heist

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Damonollie(m): 11:04pm On May 03, 2021
Jamaican Mafia even talked about Nigeria
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by dvkot(m): 11:07pm On May 03, 2021
Levrage first s1 ep1 talked about a Nigerian scam

The other guy also talked about nigeria
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Damonollie(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2021
tunjilee003:
I can bet with my total savings it wasnt Rebecca it was Elijah
it was Elijah

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by maxevans: 11:11pm On May 03, 2021
tunjilee003:
Even in the originals series someone bears "babatunde "
yeah that's true
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by maxevans: 11:11pm On May 03, 2021
Damonollie:
it was Elijah
it was Elijah 100%
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by WoundedLamb: 11:12pm On May 03, 2021
Igbo was spoken American Gods, the series.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by dvkot(m): 11:12pm On May 03, 2021
iKingsley:
There was this Chinese movie: The Twins. They where pursuing some chinese people and they ran into a Mall/market. They met some fat black women and they asked if they saw anyone, in Chinese language, but those black women responded in Igbo, "Ha no na mgbada ebe ni" grin
I've seen that movie.. But i think you maybe wrong on the title
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Damonollie(m): 11:16pm On May 03, 2021
they mentioned Nigeria in Roswell also
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Emmyrichboy(m): 11:17pm On May 03, 2021
Sabowest:
In Empire I can't remember the season again one lady told the other guy you have been a scammed by a Nigerian credit card scammer.
Nigeria my country we always reppin' grin
blackish
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by onuman: 11:17pm On May 03, 2021
FuckThaMod:
There are more than 8 tho.. There's a particular one that also talked about boko haram but it isn't on this list.
Anyways, very soon the country would seize to exist
In bold:
Inevitable.

East Timor from Indonesia;
South Sudan from Sudan;
Eritrea from Ethiopia,
Pakistan from India;
Many countries from Ex-Yugoslavia;

Many countries from Ex-Soviet Union;

Czech and Slovakia from old Czechoslovakia;

etc etc.

It’s only in Nigeria where Fulani-loyal soldiers restructured the country politically, supervised a constitution they imposed on Nigeria, and tell us the garbage of Nigeria indivisible and indissoluble country.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by HEAVEN4444: 11:18pm On May 03, 2021
you forgot SUGARHILL with wesley snipes
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by sammirano: 11:26pm On May 03, 2021
Money hiest hollywood. Una try gannnn
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by encryptjay(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2021
dvkot:
I've seen that movie.. But i think you maybe wrong on the title
Twins mission cool
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by LilSmith55(m): 11:31pm On May 03, 2021
michael03:
What of Bourne identity, a Nigerian man spoke Yoruba in d film. He said she bi mo ti so fun e teletele ori e o pe ( ie but I have told you before, your head is not correct)

That was Adewale Akinuoye-Agbaje....
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by baralatie(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2021
FuckThaMod:
There are more than 8 tho.. There's a particular one that also talked about boko haram but it isn't on this list.
Anyways, very soon the country would seize to exist
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by LilSmith55(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2021
emmanuelpopson:
The op tried..
In lost
Navy seal team
Tears of the sun
The expendables

Have you seen where they portray Nigeria in good light?

All is about terrorism, drug trafficking, war, and co.. Which means the country in international communities is known that way...

Even Strike Back....
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 03, 2021
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by firstratedcitiz(m): 11:41pm On May 03, 2021
The murdered priest whose ghost kept on appearing on the island in LOST is Yemi. His bother, a former militant, is Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje)
samwash:

Well done Bro, you analyze that part finish, I was even trying to recall.
In the crashed aircraft, the holy Mary statues was loaded with heroin, it was even Boone that discovered it. I think the priest name was Bayo a formal militant.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by maxevans: 11:41pm On May 03, 2021
Pius247:
All this post making front page with no economic benefit.

If only nolly wood are serious, we should be robbing shoulder to shoulder with Hollywood.
Does Nollywood have what it takes? Do we have great CGI effects to make quality movies that exceed Hollywood? I think not...
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by maxevans: 11:44pm On May 03, 2021
sammirano:
Money hiest hollywood. Una try gannnn
grin cheesy Lmao, you go sha find fault ntie
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by rittyben(f): 11:46pm On May 03, 2021
palechestnut:
Nice one

You said movies but added series

A TV show "American Gods" had a brief scene where slaves being carried to America from Nigeria were praying to their god Anansi to save them in igbo lang

E dey weird sha because the god dey native to Ghana but the show mixed everything up
Anansa is Efik (Cross River State) mother Goddess.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by maxevans: 11:47pm On May 03, 2021
Krak:
Nigeria was also mentioned in the movie AVATAR.
That's actually true, I remember Nigeria was mentioned in Avatar movie
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by wealthyhenry(m): 11:50pm On May 03, 2021
Gangs of London
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by rhektor(m): 11:56pm On May 03, 2021
jaxxy:
And So what? Movies talk about Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan and it don’t mean a thing. undecided

No Nigerian location was even used. undecided

Tears of the sun?
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by rhektor(m): 11:58pm On May 03, 2021
swiz123:
Raymond Reddington mentioned Yoruba culture.. They even spoke the language in the movie.

In an episode when he spoke about sopona and another episode when he visited an African rebel
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by rhektor(m): 11:59pm On May 03, 2021
tunjilee003:
Even in the originals series someone bears "babatunde "

Papatunde
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Frankcallys(m): 12:21am On May 04, 2021
There are lots of movies where Nigeria happens to be the topic or beginning and the center of the movie...
SAHARA
BOURNE IDENTITY... ETC
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Carlyboi(m): 12:29am On May 04, 2021
Nigeria was mentioned in family guy also have seen a number of the movies and tv series mentioned in this thread!
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Blankstare(m): 12:30am On May 04, 2021
A Jamaican gangster film that had a guy later turn bado to avenge his father's death, also majoring a Nigerian named Awilo with potent odeshi .... Gave other gangsters a run for their money until his young Nigerian wife sold him out.... Very interesting movie
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Brian47(m): 12:48am On May 04, 2021
Oga they are more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thief Burnt Alive: A Movie Scene That Looks So Real (Pictures) / Reasons Mercy Won BBNaija 2019 - TheNewsGuru / Dorathy: I Only Lust After Brighto, No Feelings For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.