Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension (12035 Views)

Peter Obi: 100m Poor Nigerians, Students, Pensioners Are My Political Structure / Top Presidency Aides Denied Access To Aso Villa After Violating NCDC Guidelines / Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by bro4u: 12:13pm On May 04, 2021
Oj
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Asquare84(m): 12:14pm On May 04, 2021
The diffine benefits scheme being practice by many state to pay retire can not be sustain, state and federal government that adopt the contributry pension scheme is not facing this mess. The money paid to retiree under contributry pension is small but it guarantee life time payment as when due.

1 Like

Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Mozhac(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2021
Honestly this calls for a protest many has died without been able to collect their pension.
[quote author=Blue3k post=101345767][/quote]
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by MGeey(f): 12:16pm On May 04, 2021
Finally! A voice for the voiceless.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by rafcrown(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2021
I applied for and got approved for early retirement, they paid the lump sum within 2 weeks.They still apologised for the lateness in payment.
Every month pension is very constant.
Not in Nigeria o.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Childofaking: 12:23pm On May 04, 2021
This problem is supposed to have been solved with the Pension funds acts, but the government sector are not contributing to the Pension funds for their employees and they prefer to manage the pension themselves.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by 4gunners(m): 12:27pm On May 04, 2021
After forcing workers into the contributory pension scheme. The same devilish government refuse to give the owner their entitlement. Osun state is a typical example.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Josywhyte: 12:29pm On May 04, 2021
Dictionary meaning of Nigeria is HELL.
Example: I got 'Nigeria' when I went to the bank for my pension.

1 Like

Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by 4gunners(m): 12:29pm On May 04, 2021
Childofaking:
This problem is supposed to have been solved with the Pension funds acts, but the government sector are not contributing to the Pension funds for their employees and they prefer to manage the pension themselves.
Really appalling.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by 4gunners(m): 12:31pm On May 04, 2021
Asquare84:
The diffine benefits scheme being practice by many state to pay retire can not be sustain, state and federal government that adopt the contributry pension scheme is not facing this mess. The money paid to retiree under contributry pension is small but it guarantee life time payment as when due.
Baba, Nigeria doesn’t follow logic. Pensioners in Osun state still find it difficult to get their pensions even after adopting the contributory pension scheme.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by warrior13: 12:34pm On May 04, 2021
They have borrowed our Pension. Every time I receive the PFA credit alert, I just laugh because I know it is just audio. It is a shame that a government will borrow from home and abroad and still score an F in achievement.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by blackboy(m): 12:37pm On May 04, 2021
PITAD is a scam and obsolete and a pensioners killing agency in disguise. In 2020 they expect people of 90 years old to be traveling up and down to get letter of first appointment. They will stop paying pension of old men and women who have served this country for the good part of their years all in thw name of verification. To me that verification is " You never die?!!" We will help you die. I went to their office and blasted them. How much is the pension. No wonder civil servants engage in corrupt practices.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by kestolove95(m): 12:37pm On May 04, 2021
I think being a Nigerian is another punishment from God...i just hope God look us and say we have serve hell on earth, we should all enter heaven minus Buhari and Pac members with all politicians and biafra/ipob people
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Arespect10: 12:39pm On May 04, 2021
Deathforall:
cry This useless country
Nigeria isn't useless a country but people like you made it useless
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Goldbw122(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2021
When they see they they can't touch u, then they will see decide to tough your money that is how I see it ..
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by blackboy(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2021
Imagine a government agency sadled with the responsibulity to pay old men and women their pension just wake up pne morning and stop paying them their pension without warning or notification or just reason.

Someone has been collecting pension for over 20 years and done series of verification past years . They did nothing wrong but PITAD wakes up to withold their pension or should i say give them the medicine of quickening their death.

Yes PITAD's system killls pensioners.. i believe that is one of their secret missions not discloaed to the public.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Deathforall: 12:55pm On May 04, 2021
Your father is the most useless man on Earth for impregnating his sister who is a mad woman and now we are here with the abomination they birthed.
You are a useless abomination.

Arespect10:

Nigeria isn't useless a country but people like you made it useless
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Arespect10: 1:00pm On May 04, 2021
Deathforall:
Your father is the most useless man on Earth for impregnating his sister who is a mad woman and now we are here with the abomination they birthed.
You are a useless abomination.

Oh boy you lack home training, face your mesirable life and stop disrespectful, and insulting other's parents
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by tonyson010(m): 1:59pm On May 04, 2021
triple996:
goodluck started diz nonsense.
now abia, ebonyi, anambra etc can't pay salaries. meanwhile elrufai is paying pentioneers minimum wagesgrin

Someone who retrenched many workers.
Be deceiving urself
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Bluntemperor: 2:03pm On May 04, 2021
Thegoodtravels:
This is sad.

If there is any better adjectives than' SAD'.
Just imagine how Buhari now imposed a lady as Director General in Abuja.Nothing is moving and the Pensioners are worst of on daily basis!
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by chaloskyx: 2:05pm On May 04, 2021
I DONT BLAME THE GOVERNMENT I BLAME OUR PEOPLE FOR CONSTANTLY TAKING THIS BULLSHIT FROM OUR LEADERS WITHOUT FIGHTING BACK. THEY WOULD CALL YOU PEOPLE FOR REVOLUTION YOU REFUSE END SARS YOU REFUSE SO WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO NIGERIANS AND THEIR LEADERS DESERVE EACHOTHER ABEG ALL WE DO IS COMPLAIN SO KEEP COMPLAINING WHILE OUR LEADERS USE YOUR PENSION TO FUND THEIR LAVISH LIFESTYLE
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Deathforall: 2:31pm On May 04, 2021
English is your problem.
Foolish boy
Arespect10:

Oh boy you lack home training, face your mesirable life and stop disrespectful, and insulting other's parents
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Richthekid: 5:14pm On May 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by kabillionaire(m): 7:26pm On May 04, 2021
NIGERIA is a joke of a country, most corrupt country I've ever known.

Apart from the Nigerian Police Force, Pension Board is next.

For you to access your own money, you must be compared to part with a certain percentage before you get a dime.

Those trying to claim their dead relations benefits suffers the most, since 2020 they haven't collected a DIME.

There's this rumours from certain quartets that, the Federal govt. borrowed money from the pension board which results in the board inability to pay since 2020.

The most painful thing is that, it goes way up to the top.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by brainhgeek(m): 8:47pm On May 04, 2021
If you know any retired or retiring person, hit me up. I will tell you one secret PFAs have been hiding from all workers. They place every retiring person on a fraudulent scheme but unless you are knowledgeable, sorry is the case. You will.be cheated till they are tired of cheating you and close your case. grin

1 Like

Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by brainhgeek(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2021
kabillionaire:
There's this rumours from certain quartets that, the Federal govt. borrowed money from the pension board which results in the board inability to pay since 2020.

The most painful thing is that, it goes way up to the top.

True! truer!! truest!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by kabillionaire(m): 12:10am On May 05, 2021
brainhgeek:
If you know any retired or retiring person, hit me up. I will tell you one secret PFAs have been hiding from all workers. They place every retiring person on a fraudulent scheme but unless you are knowledgeable, sorry is the case. You will.be cheated till they are tired of cheating you and close your case. grin

I'm all ears
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by brainhgeek(m): 8:26am On May 05, 2021
kabillionaire:

I'm all ears

I sent a mail.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by orisa37: 9:37am On May 05, 2021
POLITICS OF HATE. BUHARI MUST BE IMPEACHED.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by kabillionaire(m): 3:04pm On May 05, 2021
brainhgeek:

I sent a mail.
Thanks a million times, I will check it out.
Re: Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension by Perfectbeing(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
Black man's heart is as evil as his skin.
If I was white, I see no reason why I shouldn't be racist to black people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyegun: 99 Percent Of APC Presidential Aspirants Agreed To Consensus / Gbadebo Vivour-Rhodes: Lagos Is Far From Excellence, Not Yet Working / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.