Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter (916 Views)

New Naira: FG, CBN Will Act After Supreme Court Ruling – Garba Shehu / PDP G5 Not Dead, Will Act On Feb 25 – Wike / APGA Suspends Newly-elected Anambra Speaker, Two Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by TonyRazor(m): 2:04am On May 04, 2021
Tony Okafor
I will act like my father if elected Anambra governor, says Ekwueme's daughter

Lady Chidi Onyemelukwe, daughter of a former Vice President, the late Dr Alex Ekwueme, who is contesting for the Anambra State November 6 poll, has said she would behave and act like her tfather if elected.

She stated this in Awka, the Anambra State capital,during an interactive session with the press.

She said having had the privilege to observe and work with his late father as a child and as an adult, she stood the best chance to lead Anambra aright because of her kindred knowledge of politics and governance.

Describing the late Ekwueme as a man of honour,integrity and selflessness Onyemelukwe said " I don't have any need to deviate from my father lifestyle as the governor of Anambra State."

She added, "We had a rich background because of our father's achievement but we were not wasteful. My father is such a person that if you give him a budget of about N100 as what you would require to go back to school, if you're lucky, he would approve N50 for you.

"He lived all his life serving humanity. He was so selfless that he hadn't time for himself. At a stage, when he was vice president it was like we donated him to Nigeria.

"He build a school, the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, and handed it over to government because he knew it would be better managed and more beneficial to the people if government is allowed to managed it.
She said the trouble with modern leaders was that they were self-seeking and not accountable to the people.

She said,"Leadership is about service. I am privileged to have been well travelled. I have been to places where things work and are taken for granted. Even here in Nigeria, in the so-called good old days, potable water was available in most urban areas, the roads were few but well maintained, public properties were well maintained by the Public Works Department .

"If we improve the quality of life, give our people hope and better life, that ought to be sufficient motivation. As the saying goes, to whom much is given, much is expected. I want to give back. I want a state that our children are proud to call home. As a child growing up, holidays in the village were always the highlight of my year. These days, the young ones are mostly looking for a way out. A lot has gone wrong. We need to get back on the right track.

"Our approach of doing things differently will be dual-tracked: create opportunities and an enabling environment to make governance seamless and reform and strengthen our public institutions. So we will bring experience to the table, follow due process, and accountability anchored on the fear of God.

"Our governance mantra, ethics and values will be premised on accountability and transparency. We shall offer opportunities for our people to get affordable healthcare, good education, gainful employment and dividends of democracy. We will engage in gender mainstreaming at all levels, bureaucratic and political. Elective and appointive positions will be based on a 60:40 ratio.

"If given the opportunity, my team and I, shall reform and strengthen our governance institutions to serve the public interest and the common cause, guarantee investors’ interest and confidence, restore capital inflow and sustainable development. Our budgetary process shall be transparent and results-based. Our policies will be people-driven. Anambra State will be fiscally secure and solvent under my watch.

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Rossinkup: 2:36am On May 04, 2021
Born to rule (Igbo style)

Make una no clear road for other people to govern, you hear?

Tomorrow, Shagari and Yar'adua pikin too go commot.

1 Like

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by AllenSpencer: 2:47am On May 04, 2021
The fact remains that, even if Nigeria breaks, same people will still rule each country. They have the political experience and finance. May be a little change in the way they govern, but certainly same people.

The ordinary intellect wont still be able to dole out political funds like the ones this thieves have amassed.

Broken country, same people...

And moreover, a broken country wont change the wack ideology of an average Nigerian. It will still be the usual norm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Freestainworld(m): 2:49am On May 04, 2021
Even Buharis child will contest someday and say he will behave like his father

1 Like

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Ezemust: 2:50am On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:
Born to rule (Igbo style)

Make una no clear road for other people to govern, you hear?

Tomorrow, Shagari and Yar'adua pikin too go commot.
shey ekwueme don rule anambra before,abi u just wan de yan Dust?

3 Likes

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by limeta(f): 2:53am On May 04, 2021
Am sure you would and even better as a woman
But we talking Biafra as the future, ve you keyed into it if not why .

Nigeria is f.....h

1 Like

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Freelancer2020(m): 3:58am On May 04, 2021
m
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Rossinkup: 4:33am On May 04, 2021
Ezemust:
shey ekwueme don rule anambra before,abi u just wan de yan Dust?

Must it be Anambra he has ruled? He has been VP.

All na born to rule mentality.

If na Buhari pikin now, or one Alhaji pikin, we no go hear word for una.
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by FarahAideed: 4:37am On May 04, 2021
It's shows you don't have anything to offer because your father's style of leadership took Nigeria no where
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by OfoIgbo: 4:40am On May 04, 2021
Her father gave Anambra Mbadinuju, so I don't want her there
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by longetivity(m): 5:05am On May 04, 2021
Ur father is a good man

2 Likes

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by habsydiamond(m): 5:16am On May 04, 2021
Politics is now family business abi... U better go stand up cos if I say sit down now I dey help u.. Comot for here..

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by KosiGee(m): 6:08am On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:

Must it be Anambra he has ruled? He has been VP.

All na born to rule mentality.

If na Buhari pikin now, or one Alhaji pikin, we no go hear word for una.

For someone who claimed to be an Igbo man, are you really wired to hate yourself? Have you been conditioned to despise anything about your own kinsmen?

This lady’s sin is that her dad was a former politician and Nigerian Vice President. I don’t think she stands any chance but what if she does?

I don’t want to derail this thread by mentioning names of non Igbo politicians whose family members have dominated and still dominate the Nigeria political landscape.

I’m more concerned with your reactions to Igbo related issues. Your mindset isn’t very healthy.

1 Like

Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by aryzgreat: 6:13am On May 04, 2021
She is hoping to be picked as Deputy Governor. She is not among the frontliner in PDP sef.
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Nobody: 6:16am On May 04, 2021
Act like my father ko...somebody that doesn't even have a plan of her own.

She think say na family title abi
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Tulsaguy: 6:24am On May 04, 2021
Booked space.....encroachment is punishable by confiscation of your babe....
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Umsworld: 6:34am On May 04, 2021
family biz
But it will end in tears just like that of Muhammad Abacha of Kano state (2011) election and also Shagari's son running for LG Chairman in Abuja
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by Noerection: 6:41am On May 04, 2021
That runaway lunatic boy didn't tell them that no leflendum no erection this time around so no noise from them
Re: I will Act Like My Father If Elected Anambra Governor, Says Ekwueme's Daughter by cybernaut(m): 6:51am On May 04, 2021
Go and sit down educative lunatic

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Ritual Killing / Proudly A Dot In The Circle.. / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Buhari, Lists Four Avoidable Calamities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.