Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,532 members, 7,770,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager - Graphics/Video Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics/Video Market / My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager (3934 Views)

Who Needs A Video Production Assistant? / MUSICHULKTAVIA Music Video Production / hollywood style video production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2007
UPDATES:
- Demonstrable Experience with video production and editing will put you ahead of other candidates.
- Send your application to -- with a copy of your 100% honest CV with references.

Hello there,

My name is Seun Osewa, and I'm an entrepreneur and web publisher.

During the last 12 months, I spent a lot of time doing research on video production with the aim of going into movie production, but over time I realized that movie production is not a very sound business to pursue.

However, observing that there is a strong demand for video production in other areas such as event coverage, I am still interested in starting a Video Production company, though I can't manage it myself.

I need a charismatic manager with good people skills and a willingness to handle the camera. Someone who can deal with Alaba boys when the business requires it, deal with non-paying customers and government agents when required. That is, a real business person who understands the Nigerian environment.

The headquarters of the business will be based in Sango Ota, Ogun State, so I can monitor it constantly.

You will solicit jobs in Sango Ota and surrounding towns depending on demand. Event coverage, video duplication, video editing, et cetera. If you can't do these things, you must be willing to learn them (as I have).

You will receive a moderate salary and will be rewarded partial ownership of the business over time if you perform. But you will have to perform; the business must be cash flow positive from the first month. No kidding!

Qualifications: Enthusiasm, creativity, street smarts, trustworthiness, ambition, people skills.
(Let's face it, I probably need someone at HNd level or above, though the paper is not a strict requirement.)

If you ask any questions about this job I'm offering, please ask away. I'll tell you how to apply soon.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2007
If there's something wrong with this advert, please tell me.
I've already bought a camera, tripod, microphones, etc.
I've already developed a workflow for high quality video editing.

1 Like

Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by viperman: 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2007
Dont go into movies if u dont have a deeeeeep passion for it.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 8:24am On Jul 12, 2007
Don't go into movies if u don't have a deep passion for it.
Even if you have a deep passion for movie making, it is no guarantee of commercial success as a producer.
The odds are much better for a marketer. As a marketer, you can easily adapt to the whims of the market.

since its a new venture - hiring an 'on-the-job-training' manager will delay your productivity.
I think you're absolutely right. Thanks. I'm going to edit the advert right away to reflect this.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by denex: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2007
Seun are you talking to me? Cos what you're describing is actually me. I'm a UNIT PRODUCTION MANAGER. I could handle a camera, but do not edit videos. I know the basics of Final Cut Pro 5 and a little of Adobe Premier Pro. But in my crew, it was forbidden for anybody to attempt to master another's field so I didn't even try to learn.

As a Unit Production Manager with a music video production outfit:

i) I draw up the production budget to fit the production script, and I also prepare the production schedule.

ii) Prepare for principal photography by combining the production elements and ensuring they are in place.

iii) I oversee rehearsals and set construction or decoration.

iv) I source, negotiate and hire equipment, studios, models and extras.

v) I also part take in sourcing funds from corporate sponsors, drawing up proposals and project quotations.

I've worked with different producers and Directors on Nigerian music videos but I have not worked on a TV programme or full feature movie. However, I believe it will not give me much difficulty to master.

I'm really interested in working backstage on this project. I'm not a great football fan, but I'm a good UPM.

Generally though, I'm also a good manager but I don't have much of a CV. I'll mail it to you anyway. And besides, I have to let you know that Unit Production Managers do not just stick to one director. We freelance with several directors except of course you're saying besides being a UPM, I'm also a full time management employee.

By the way, personally I write movie scripts too and stuff like that but so far it's been for my personal pleasure.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by markesh(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2007
I'm not applying, but what do you think of my production skillz : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-65809.0.html
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2007
I'm impressed with you guys. Keep it up. Now if i can only get someone to apply. The silence is deafening.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Cactus(m): 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2007
a camera
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2007
Cactus, do you have any questions about the job offer? What do you mean by "a camera"?
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by mrferlie(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2007
@ admin,
how much are you willing to pay per annum? will you pay relocation cost? doing the job is no big deal.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2007
Hmmm. Depends on where you're relocating from. I suppose I'm expecting the candidate to live in Lagos, not Dallas!
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Cactus(m): 2:22am On Jul 15, 2007
from the description you gave about the things you already have and you wrote A CAMERA. and i was wondering, 1 camera to film a movie>
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2007
Most movies are filmed with just one camera. But I also have a shotgun microphone, reflectors, a tripod, a set of wheels for the tripod, a light array I built myself, and a lot of knowledge on video post-processing. You seem to have missed the gist of my post, though. I'm not longer interested in making movies. I want to make videos now.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by krisbobo(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2007
seun, you went about it the wrong way. you are attempting to get into this business from outside in. you should do it from inside out. you actually do not need to go and get equipment first. what you need is a number of technical partners, people who are knowledgable about these things and can make their expertise available on request.

go ahead and get the jobs, then contract them out; both coverage and editing, and put your stamp of style on it. after a while you would have wprked with a set of people you can trust then you can buy equipment based on advise and form a proper production outfit.

I don't know how many proffessionals you actually talked to b4 buying ur equipment (internet research is not enough; the reality on ground is often drastically different)

digital technology has made filmmaking available to a larger no of people, so you'll get guys that would say they can deliver, be careful.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2007
Thanks for the tip. I wish I could follow it, but I guess I just don't have the time to go out soliciting jobs.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by freelance(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2007
Wish u all the best wink

Cheers!
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by Seun(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2007
Thanks, freelance. So are you going to apply?
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by freelance(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2007
You have to make the offer very attractive before anyone can apply.
Try and work on that cheesy

Wish u all the best wink

Cheers!
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by t200m: 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2007
MAN,U DISAPOINT ME.I HAVE ALWAYS TAKEN NOTE OF UR COMMENTS ON NIGERIA ILM AND UR DREAMS.SEEMS LIKE U DON`T HAVE THE PASSION.HAVE U EVER HEARD OF MAK KUSARE,THE NIGERIAN DIRECTOR.ANYWAY,MAYBE IT GOOD WE TALK SOME MORE,BUT NOT HERE.SEND ME A MAIL TO T200M2002@YAHOO.COM OR CALL 08058330042(BETTER A NITE IF U CAN,THEN WE CAN TALK)LATER MAN.
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by gabmedia: 12:40am On Sep 28, 2011
An video editor & animator looking for job

I am very proficient with adobe premiere, final cut pro, after effect, cinema 4d & 3d max
kindly call me with 08151016356 or e mail me @ gabmedia@yahoo.com

You can check this out, it is one of my job
http://vimeo.com/29689320
Re: My Video Production Startup Needs A Manager by IBSPRODUCTION(m): 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
Am a studio manager on audio and video production....my number..08057775540

(1)

Photoshop Video tutorials 2018 Learn how to use Photoshop for FREE / Affordable Logos And Mockup At Cheaper Price / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.