Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. (16332 Views)

The Famous Mkpokiti Dance In Anambra (Photos) / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe / Beauty And The Neck! Meet The ‘giraffe’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by 99thEnemy(m): 2:42pm On May 05, 2021
tishbite41:
Mbaka

Actually it is Mbaka for Igbo's today oh!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 05, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
Uyai. smiley

Which tribe?

BTW, why did you deactivate your other account?
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by BruncleZuma: 2:44pm On May 05, 2021
iruocious:

Not true. It actually means what the rich does isn't bad in the eyes of the people or the rich does no wrong in the eyes of the people. And the name is ALAMIEYESEIGHA which is actually a shortened version of ALABOMIEYESEIGHA.

Thank you, now go and type yours.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by 99thEnemy(m): 2:44pm On May 05, 2021
eyamensah:
'Ekaete' and 'Okon' for the Efiks and Ibibios

grin grin grin

I can't stop laughing when I think of what is always affiliated with Ekaete.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by BruncleZuma: 2:45pm On May 05, 2021
iruocious:

Not true. It actually means what the rich does isn't bad in the eyes of the people or the rich does no wrong in the eyes of the people. And the name is ALAMIEYESEIGHA which is actually a shortened version of ALABOMIEYESEIGHA.

Thank you, now go and type yours. Read again before you leap into my mention.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by 99thEnemy(m): 2:45pm On May 05, 2021
Asquare84:
in idoma language, Ene is the most popular name, it means mother

So you be Idoma boy.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by 99thEnemy(m): 2:46pm On May 05, 2021
Charliewyt:
Nnamdi Kanu.

Sunday Igboho.

Abubakar Shekau, Pantami and Gumi.

Invalid list.

Buhari is missing grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:50pm On May 05, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Which tribe?

BTW, why did you deactivate your other account?

Akwa-Ibom.

Nope. It's very available. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:55pm On May 05, 2021
Kemi Bola Wale Kole
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by UwaMmebii(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2021
Chinedu for Igbo male
Amaka. It can be Chiamaka, Ukamaka
Chinwe, either Chinweokwu, Chinweike, Chinweuba etc.

You see these names above especially Chinedu they are popular.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by UwaMmebii(m): 2:58pm On May 05, 2021
philfrey08:
Emeka
Chioma
Chinenye
Chidimma

Emeka no popular pass Chinedu
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Mummyfour(f): 2:58pm On May 05, 2021
Ngozi, Ada, EMEKA, chima
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by komodapson(m): 3:03pm On May 05, 2021
Ebubeagu & Amotekun

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by agadam(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2021
Aladi EleOjo Ojonugwa Ojone Ojochinemi
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Oshokalo: 3:05pm On May 05, 2021
philfrey08:
Emeka
Chioma
Chinenye
Chidimma
anybody wey dey answer emeka is a born fraudster 419,if u get emeka for ur office it is either him dey chop u small small or him dey target amount to take japa
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Oshokalo: 3:07pm On May 05, 2021
Asquare84:
popular name for Benue na blessing
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Oshokalo: 3:09pm On May 05, 2021
for Benin osas,odion,omoh
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Swagtrills(m): 3:15pm On May 05, 2021
Oyiza
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 3:15pm On May 05, 2021
...ejiro for Deltans
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Armanipounds: 3:18pm On May 05, 2021
Asquare84:
Really? Anyway my surname is Ene but am not from Idoma, am from Enugu, Nkanu to be precise.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by crazysam001: 3:25pm On May 05, 2021
Ubi for the yakurr people in cross river
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by vioment: 3:31pm On May 05, 2021
Igbo na Emeka, onye (anything buchi, nyechi, kwere, dikachi ), Ngozi, chioma, chima, obi, eze, ada(anything ora, nna, nne, aku), uche, Nnamdi, okechukwu, ike, amaka, ola, afam/aham, nnenna, ify- ifeoma, ifeanyi/iheanyi, ifedi, etc

Yoruba, from my experience, na femi, Ayo, dele, segun, shola, kola, yemi, olu, bola, kemi, dami, korede, etc

Benin na osaige, osas, etc

Many more.

English names na Michael, David,
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 3:39pm On May 05, 2021
UwaMmebii:

Emeka no popular pass Chinedu
How many popular people can you call bearing chinedu compared to Emeka.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 3:41pm On May 05, 2021
BabaIbo:

I doubt if you're an Igbo person.
I was expecting you to list Eze, Obi, Ike, Chike, Chidi and maybe Amaka before mentioning Emeka.

You mean Emeka is more popular than Obi(Obi which is short for several names compared to Emeka which is just one), Eze(Short form of several names) Amaka, Chike(Short for Chibuike, Chikezie).
Another one is Ike(Ikemefuna, Ikenna, Ikechukwu), Chidi(short for many names) ?

These names are as or more popular as/than Emeka. Emeka is not more popular than them
Even chigozie is more popular than Emeka.

You can simply do a local check wherever you are to understand.

I don't want to mention Okoro, Okafor, Okeke and co.

You don't know what you're saying please.
How will you say chigozie is more popular than Emeka.
I can consider chinedu or even obi, but not chigozie.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 3:42pm On May 05, 2021
BabaIbo:

I doubt if you're an Igbo person.
I was expecting you to list Eze, Obi, Ike, Chike, Chidi and maybe Amaka before mentioning Emeka.

You mean Emeka is more popular than Obi(Obi which is short for several names compared to Emeka which is just one), Eze(Short form of several names) Amaka, Chike(Short for Chibuike, Chikezie).
Another one is Ike(Ikemefuna, Ikenna, Ikechukwu), Chidi(short for many names) ?

These names are as or more popular as/than Emeka. Emeka is not more popular than them
Even chigozie is more popular than Emeka.

You can simply do a local check wherever you are to understand.

I don't want to mention Okoro, Okafor, Okeke and co.

You don't know what you're saying please.
Okoro, okafor and okeke are more like surname.
I was referring to first names.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by javaguru: 3:43pm On May 05, 2021
SmartPolician:

The emboldened is FALSE.

There is Chi in many Igbo names but not most Igbo names
are u alright
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Sleekfingers: 3:44pm On May 05, 2021
DenreleDave:

You are damn liar

AMaka is famous for igbós ladies
Chukwuemeka for guys

Yoruba is Ade for men
Ladies is....

Hausa is Mohammed for men
Aisha for female

ade is not a name.......check these out, adebayo, adeyemi, adefemi, adedapo, adekemi, adedayo etc so ade on it own is not a name
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Sleekfingers: 3:48pm On May 05, 2021
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:
What do you think is the most famous masculine and feminine name in your ethnic group. Or other ethnic group if you may.

Well I'm Igbo so I think
Emeka for males
Chioma or Chidinma for female.

Then if I am permitted for Yorubas I think Femi and Funke.

Whilst Hausa I am guessing Musa.

buhari.......

Anybody answering that name is a clueless person.....goat get sense pass that person

musa.....that are always a gateman......popular quote.....wetin Musa no go see for gate

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 05, 2021
Chinedu
Emeka
Chiamaka
Ogechi
Chidinma.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by IAMPEDRO: 3:54pm On May 05, 2021
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:
What do you think is the most famous masculine and feminine name in your ethnic group. Or other ethnic group if you may.

Well I'm Igbo so I think
Emeka for males
Chioma or Chidinma for female.

Then if I am permitted for Yorubas I think Femi and Funke.

Whilst Hausa I am guessing Musa.
OSAS
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Nova1982: 3:55pm On May 05, 2021
chimbouyim
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by bravehost4u(m): 3:57pm On May 05, 2021
athaboi:
Chioma no popular pass ONYINYE
Emeka no popular pass Uche
Uche popular no be lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Cultural Office / Lagos City Chorale Wins Three Gold Medals In Germany / Accident: Sultan’s Son, Cousins Recovering Well – Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.