Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Is My Visa Agent A Scam? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? (36938 Views)

How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Simplythebest: 9:49pm On May 05, 2021
1m is very very much to spend on a work visa to Canada. The highest one can spend will be around 250k which this will cover ur visa application fee and to get job offer over there in Canada. Then once the visa is out u will be ask to pay the remaining money agreed. I juat hope they will give u the visa and if the visa is being denied am 100% sure that u won't get ur full 1m cus they must have spent the money in the process of securing u a visa. U still have to be patient and also u have the informations u can be tracking ur visa.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by chineselink: 9:51pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:
Hi guys , please am in kind need of take on my current situation.

I applied for a canadian work visa through an agent with a down payment of 1miliom after which I did my biometrics capturing at VFS lagos .on

The problem now is that two months is almost gone and no feedback from the embassy and am seriously starting to feel the heat , I don't know if I should get my money back and start up a wine bar or wait for an update from the agent.

Anybody with an experience with situations like this with an agent should pls help me, am begining to lose my mind with my current state of joblessness and doubts of the legitimacy of the agent securing my visa.
my experience 2017, it may take between 3/5 months.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by usj(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

I applied for a canadian work visa through an agent with a down payment of 1miliom after which I did my biometrics capturing at VFS lagos .on

The problem now is that two months is almost gone and no feedback from the embassy and am seriously starting to feel the heat , I don't know if I should get my money back and start up a wine bar or wait for an update from the agent.

Anybody with an experience with situations like this with an agent should pls help me, am begining to lose my mind with my current state of joblessness and doubts of the legitimacy of the agent securing my visa.
scam! You've been scammed. Go the Canadian visa website and read the instructions there. There is a clear warning about agents. Normally the procession of Canadian Visa take time and you're advised to start processing for about a year before your departure
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 05, 2021
DaddyGngeess:
Canada visa take from 0 to 6 months for collection so chill small
Trash....Explain Better,We Dey Listen.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by semuni: 9:54pm On May 05, 2021
For you to have done biometrics, don't think you have been scammed. As you know most embassies are just operating on a low key now. People are not getting invitations for interview like it use to be. Some are saying till the end of may. So just be patient with him and still do a follow up. Don't listen to people telling you you have been scammed, though I don't trust those agents,but the case you presented looks genuine. Ask very well about other embassies they will tell you,no invitations for now,just priority

DPlanB1:

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by ecomalchemist(m): 9:55pm On May 05, 2021
Lol, wahala for who get money to hire agent.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Gokoyer0(m): 9:56pm On May 05, 2021
Just take your time and dive into travel sections here on NL. Australia is also a good options. Just do your own research and you will be fine. Don't give up btw. Goodluck
DPlanB1:

made lots of sense there I appreciate you
I wont waste any more time finding a means to recover my money
if u have an idea on how that can be done I will be glad

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by ednut1(m): 9:57pm On May 05, 2021
byrron:

Honestly, I still find it very difficult to comprehend even though I understood you properly.
agents sometimes use fake documents lol. The average Nigerian may not have the requirements the embassy wants. Like fat bank accounts, proof of good jobs etc
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by TK9680: 9:57pm On May 05, 2021
Hi,

I got my Canadian visa through an agent and it took almost a year. PR though. I only responded because someone said most agents cannot get a visa.

There definitely is a slow down because of the covid issue. I'm sure there are ways you can check but it is highly unlikely (not impossible) that there would be fraud at the VFS.
Good luck sir

4 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by iamteegee(m): 9:58pm On May 05, 2021
I wanna apply for k1 visa to USA , please how do I go about it on doing it on my own, getting appointment and completing it off........ I met with an an agent and he said passport is 150k I ran away immediately to go process it at an immigration office.. I need help

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 05, 2021
Lagbaja88:
vfs does not process visa its only am agent of Canadian embassy . These agents apply for work permit using fake job offer or no job offer, you do biometrics ( it settles your mind) and later when the file is open for processing you will get rejected and lose your 1m you paid the agents. Ask yourself have you seen some who did Dubai visa by agent== yes many.
Have you seen any one who went to canada on work permit from nigeria === No

What are you saying did I and my grams invite to Sweden at lekki VFS

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by kunle75(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:
what about the biometrics I did in lagos is it fake too?? I gave out all necessary document before getting an appointment for the capturing

My bro biometric capturing doesn't result in visa issuance and moreso,the main essence is to have your details captured by the visiting embassy for future reference, the agent scammed you big time.i will wait for Elders to reason your matter before I jump into conclusion.
But I am sure Canada hardly allow for middle men things.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by elbulk(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

First of all, what type of visa did yo apply for? Secondly, are you in the pool? Thirdly you could've done the whole process yourself and if this is legit it sometimes takes time.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 05, 2021
ednut1:
agents sometimes use fake documents lol. The average Nigerian may not have the requirements the embassy wants. Like fat bank accounts, proof of good jobs etc

Imagine putting your hopes on a scammer looking for his own daily bread as your source to getting to the promise land for your own daily bread.

They fail to understand that your visa interviewer has the final say about you getting the visa and not the agent even after the so called packaging.

Total Madness

2 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by kunle75(m): 10:02pm On May 05, 2021
iamteegee:
I wanna apply for k1 visa to USA , please how do I go about it on doing it on my own, getting appointment and completing it off........ I met with an an agent and he said passport is 150k I ran away immediately to go process it at an immigration office.. I need help

Go to www.uscis.gov you might get some hints on how to go about it the right way there.

Also ask more questions on travel section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Ekpekus(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

Your money don enter voice mail. You can't get a Canadian work visa without an employment letter from a legit company in Canada.
Again, getting a Canadian work visa as a Nigerian is very hard.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Horlami4u(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2021
You are not scammed, for the fact you have your tracking number, since Covid 19 Canada visa process takes longer now, before it takes just 6 weeks, result are been held for now

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by josh0200(m): 10:05pm On May 05, 2021
Maybe you are not scammed pls I said "maybe" another truth is that it's very difficult to get a work visa to Canada especially if your work is not considered as an essential duty here in Canada.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by castiello(m): 10:06pm On May 05, 2021
He did not scam you bro he did and follow the normal procedure but where I don’t understand is why pay for a service you have not benefited from 1m is too much for a service that the outcome might be negative plus Canada now take 3 to 6 months to process visas unless its schooling so relax they will get back to you and on the other hand start looking for contact in Efcc to retrieve your funds in case decision goes south.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by iamteegee(m): 10:07pm On May 05, 2021
Thanks kunle
kunle75:

Go to www.uscis.gov you might get some hints on how to go about it the right way there.

Also ask more questions on travel section
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by olowu89: 10:11pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

That is so much for a down payment, All you should have done is to make an arrangement with the agent, by raising a bank draft from your bank with a standing order or better still opening a new account by depositing the amount inside, Then both of you will be signatory to the account, So when you confirm your visa is out, You can both append your signature for the funds to be pull out. You need to go and make a police report at Sfu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by greggng: 10:11pm On May 05, 2021
tripoli007:

If you have this sleep just calm down , the worse that will happen , they will deny you visa and u can re apply but you shouldn't have made that 1million naira down payment tbh , VFS just helps with biometric , canadian embassy is in kenya .. It might take up to 3months ,before u get a reply from them but be strong minded ,u will get a reply

Did they close the one in Ghana?
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by etrange: 10:13pm On May 05, 2021
TK9680:
Hi,

I got my Canadian visa through an agent and it took almost a year. PR though. I only responded because someone said most agents cannot get a visa.

There definitely is a slow down because of the covid issue. I'm sure there are ways you can check but it is highly unlikely (not impossible) that there would be fraud at the VFS.
Good luck sir

Well, the only the agent did for you was typing in your data. You still did IELTS, you collated your documents, you still went for your biometrics, you still went for your medicals, etc. So I just wonder why people pay agents hugely when the agent isn't doing anything other than read the process online and tell you what next to bring; something you could also do. Glad it works for you though, but I'd advice others to do it themselves.

Moreover, yours was PR. For work permit, the guy needs a valid job offer. How many Canadian companies recruit from Nigeria? Let's just hope the agent has the connection of a registered company in Canada enlisted in the international employment scheme. Cause if he used a fake proof of employment, even the biometric the guy did would amount to nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by timbabng(m): 10:13pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

Anybody that promises you work visa to Canada is a scammer. The painful part of this experience is not your 1m, it's the fact that there's a high probability of you getting banned for 5 years if they find out that he used a fake employment letter or forged documents for your application. The ban will not only affect your chances of ever entering Canada but will also affect future applications to other countries.

Right now, get him arrested immediately. Retreive your application details from him (I'm 100% sure he didn't give you the login details) and withdraw your visa application, if possible!!

Get your profile details before you get your money, it's more important!

4 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Ekpekus(m): 10:14pm On May 05, 2021
lemine:
Firstly don't listen to what many people are saying here, I vididly believe that your agent didn't scam you, Canada PR can take much longer due to the covid-19.

Since your documentation not online submission that will take you almost 6month, but if you submit your documents online that can only take you three months process, so you need to be extremely patient, and keep on teaching out to your agent time to time

So to me your agent didn't scam you because you did submission at VFS office, so you need to relax your mind and be more patient

But how many months now have you applied?
It is not PR but a work visa.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Indispensable85(m): 10:21pm On May 05, 2021
It's not the fault of the agent though. Canada visas are terribly slow now because of covid 19. They're currently on a 3rd lock down as we speak. So things are really slow. They're only giving speed to family reunion and a few other exempts. Just be patient ok? I know of two persons whose visas were recently issued. One was tourist visa while the other was student visa both under visitors visa. They both submitted and did biometrics in October last year. However, I think the 1million initial deposit was way too big.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Teecole: 10:28pm On May 05, 2021
Did you recover any calls from canada concerning your visa application,if yes you’re still on the right track and if no,ask the agent why nobody called you from canada.I have two friends who left for canada in the last two months through the help of ahem but what they did was study visa.and if you actually gone through biometrics you’ve not been scammed.it may be your documentation.my opinion though

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Mrhonesty: 10:28pm On May 05, 2021
If you did biometric, then its real .
DPlanB1:

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by ovieigho(m): 10:31pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

He told you he can influence decisions at the embassy

Guy I am 1000% sure that you have been scammed

If you are lucky to get a visa , believe me it’s not about his effort it’s your luck which I believe you can process it yourself without paying one million to anyone

If you don’t get it , he don use u gamble and will seek his next victim

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 05, 2021
Agents in general are scams. As long as you’re literate enough to read the immigration laws and have a few friends or family members with past experience in the process, you don’t need no “agent”. I’m telling you this from personal experience.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by MarketDispatch: 10:38pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

all the documentation was done by the agent I only sent my passport , bank statements , police character report etc

Before you conclude if its scam or not, contact the Canadian Embassy that you would like to use your passport for identification purpose.

The Embassy will return your passport to you, but not cancel or withdraw your application . That way, you will know if what the agent did is genuine or not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District / Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) / The Sorry State of The Lagos-Badagry Expressway This Morning - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.