Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Is My Visa Agent A Scam? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? (36937 Views)

How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by richybanky(m): 10:38pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:
Hi guys , please am in kind need of take on my current situation.

I applied for a canadian work visa through an agent with a down payment of 1miliom after which I did my biometrics capturing at VFS lagos .on

The problem now is that two months is almost gone and no feedback from the embassy and am seriously starting to feel the heat , I don't know if I should get my money back and start up a wine bar or wait for an update from the agent.

Anybody with an experience with situations like this with an agent should pls help me, am begining to lose my mind with my current state of joblessness and doubts of the legitimacy of the agent securing my visa.
Canada is not treating applications for visiting, studying etc, they keep giving different kind of excuses but collect payment for visa fee..

I have applications that was submitted since last year Oct and not yet treated, even another one before the Corona that was March 2020 and not yet treated.

What actually causing delay in treating applications is only known to them, UK still remain the best when it comes to treating of visa applications while US embassy are mad as the available date in Lagos is Jan 2024 while Abuja is May 2022 grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by salvation77177: 10:39pm On May 05, 2021
It's most likely a scam. I have been a before also. Mine was through an agent called Sisa Travel and Tours with office in Lagos. I wasn't the only one scammed but a whole lot of people. We later reported the agent to the police. He was arrested but later left off the hook for a reason web did not know.
Be wise next time!
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by kizwid(m): 10:40pm On May 05, 2021
byrron:
Why do you need an agent to get a Visa?

What exactly do this agent do for you guy's when all the informations you need can be found in the embassy website of the country you intend to go to?

Paying 1 million naira for what exactly?

Won't you go for a visa interview which determines if you get the visa or not or will the agent also go for the visa interview on your behalf?

You all should stop all this dumb behavior.
ha!, so the guy will still go interview?.. I think the money is to bypass the interview. .. the guy Bleep up
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by richybanky(m): 10:42pm On May 05, 2021
kizwid:

ha!, so the guy will still go interview?.. I think the money is to bypass the interview. .. the guy Bleep up
Nothing like interview when applying for Canadian visa! Only US, Germany, Turkey that do interview even Germany and Turkey, u will still submit ur documents online and go their embassy with the documents submitted but US own is totally different
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 05, 2021
kizwid:

Bypass which interview? Lol

Even if Bill Gates give you all the documents you need in this world, you will still go for a visa interview where your fate will be decided on issuing a visa or not.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by NwaliE01: 10:43pm On May 05, 2021
I don't believe all those so called Visa agent.
My Brother was issued a fake Visa by one of those deadly agents. He went to confirm to discover that he has been scammed and till today, the agent don yakpa.
Please be mindful of those evil fraudster.

At most I will pay is 250K for assistance from an agent if need be but to do Visa for me is a no no.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by kunle75(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2021
iamteegee:
Thanks kunle

You're welcome bro,whatever info you get on uscis.gov is directly from homeland office and by extension US national visa center

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 05, 2021
Mrhonesty:
If you did biometric, then its real .
To Get A Professional Job In Canada As A Foreigner Even When In Canada,You Need A Compulsory 6months To 1Yr Training There....All This TRV/TWV Talk Here Na Pure Nonsense....Canada Easily Quickly Process Your Student /Tourist TRVisa within A Month...That's Before Now... Which One Be Months Inside.
Abuja HC Is Even Faster With Their Processes(Within 2weeks you can go there and pick up your Passport) Which ever way it goes.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by chaloskyx: 10:47pm On May 05, 2021
Oga anyone can do bio metrics o your agent applied for visiting visa for you Canada does not issue work visa they only do that when you get a Canadian job offer and the company files for you. in a nutshell you have been scammed
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 05, 2021
richybanky:

Nothing like interview when applying for Canadian visa! Only US, Germany, Turkey that do interview even Germany and Turkey, u will still submit ur documents online and go their embassy with the documents submitted but US own is totally different

I don't know anything about Canada visa processing but I know very much about united State's where you physically have to be present for a visa interview.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by richybanky(m): 10:50pm On May 05, 2021
byrron:

I don't know anything about Canada visa processing but I know very much about united State's where you physically have to be present for a visa interview.
And that's d reason why it is very difficult to get cus ur the way u answer questions determine ur next question.

UK remain the best when it comes to visa applications even if ur visa is denied, they give u the reason why the ur application is being denied!
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by DavidEsq(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2021
pyyxxaro:
You don enter one chance molue when nor get brake

Contact the CEO of LizardBBQGRILL, he wud employ you asap

At least you fit help am de dissect lizard and rat when e won barbecue for e darling daddy cool
So u are saying e don be for OP ba?

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Josilver(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2021
The thing now is that even if the guy is real, Canada are not giving visa now because of COVID-19
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 05, 2021
richybanky:

And that's d reason why it is very difficult to get cus ur the way u answer questions determine ur next question.

UK remain the best when it comes to visa applications even if ur visa is denied, they give u the reason why the ur application is being denied!

I think US is also quite easy to get depending on your demeanor while answering the questions.

Once you don't appear desperate and calm then your chances are even higher of getting the visa.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by richybanky(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2021
chaloskyx:
Oga anyone can do bio metrics o your agent applied for visiting visa for you Canada does not issue work visa they only do that when you get a Canadian job offer and the company files for you. in a nutshell you have been scammed
The agent should have done studying visa for him cus that one comes with work permit.

Come to those that will tell them the truth abt visa applications, but what they want to hear is those that I will keep lying to them as he will promise them heaven and earth and they see the truthful ones as an hungry man.

The guy got served in real time grin
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 05, 2021
azraeljaheel:

What are you saying did I and my grams invite to Sweden at lekki VFS
different countries have different contract and scope of work with vfs
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by mokt(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

I applied for a canadian work visa through an agent with a down payment of 1miliom after which I did my biometrics capturing at VFS lagos .on

The problem now is that two months is almost gone and no feedback from the embassy and am seriously starting to feel the heat , I don't know if I should get my money back and start up a wine bar or wait for an update from the agent.

Anybody with an experience with situations like this with an agent should pls help me, am begining to lose my mind with my current state of joblessness and doubts of the legitimacy of the agent securing my visa.

All these nonsense travel agents
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by richybanky(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2021
byrron:

I think US is also quite easy to get depending on your demeanor while answering the questions.

Once you don't appear desperate and calm then your chances are even higher of getting the visa.
Says who? Av u been to US embassy before? Come and see how those who are qualify on merit being rejected..

A Professor or PhD being rejected, are those ones also want to japa form the country.. More reason traveling agent ar not collecting US applications cus na grace of God to get their visa.. Granting of US visas is not on merit
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by ayzTIGER: 10:57pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

that was in visa application (VFS.GLOBAL) centre lekki lagos
bellow is the print out given to me after the biometrics was done
NOTE I was sent an appointment letter for the biometrics with my application number appearing on their manifest before I was allowed in ....
Don't conclude its a scam. The annoying thing about nairaland is people that know nothing about a particular issue always rush to say nonsense. Follow up the agent since you know him down to his family and believe me when your story play these scam shouting monickers go flood your dm to ask for your help.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by NNature(m): 10:59pm On May 05, 2021
Not a scam the embassy will get back to you soon...had the same experience
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by LeeTaurus05(m): 11:03pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

As much as, I've followed comments on this topic. People should be aware that a visa agent, is not an embassy or consulate that issue or grant visa. The moment biometric screening has been captured. The agent or vfs has no power over the application. The embassy reserved the power to determine, whether the visa application will be granted or denied.

In a nutshell, the visa agent's job is to fill an application, is not to issue or grant the visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by kenodrill: 11:07pm On May 05, 2021
I pray I don't make same mistake.I'm also thinking of moving to canada.I met an agent online who claims he is based in Dubai and can guarantee me a four years visa with working permit at the cost of #3.8m.please any advice
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Munispellele90: 11:08pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:
Hi guys , please am in kind need of tqake on my current situation.

my own prob is that everyone is just too quick in paying Mny to people called agent
Too big to pay 5h in advance
Canada just need 3things to get there
Hand work, school certificate or going to school over there, or you gat to invest like buying property
But still use wisdom on him

2 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by BRATISLAVA: 11:08pm On May 05, 2021
ovieigho:

He told you he can influence decisions at the embassy

Guy I am 1000% sure that you have been scammed

If you are lucky to get a visa , believe me it’s not about his effort it’s your luck which I believe you can process it yourself without paying one million to anyone

If you don’t get it , he don use u gamble and will seek his next victim

It's guys like him that make fake travel agencies work.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 05, 2021
richybanky:

Seems You are the Only Real Canadian Here...Too many People are misinformed.
No Body Dey Ask You Jamb Questions For Canadian Visa Like The US And UK...Even Biometrics Na Airport Dem Go Run Am With Many Many Questions And Tests If Necessary.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Kaiser20: 11:15pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

re you saying someone can't get a visa via agent
You kids will Never learn ! I laugh when i read or hear kids asking for working visa to Canada, US,or Europe as in Expertrate Level.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 05, 2021
richybanky:

Says who? Av u been to US embassy before? Come and see how those who are qualify on merit being rejected..

A Professor or PhD being rejected, are those ones also want to japa form the country.. More reason traveling agent ar not collecting US applications cus na grace of God to get their visa.. Granting of US visas is not on merit

Have I been to US embassy before?

Yes I went there once and won't have to go there again for the rest of my life because I'm now one of there's.

Your qualifications don't determine if you will get a visa or not and the day i got my visa over a decade ago, lot's of people right before my turn to be interviewed were denied for reasons i don't know but what stood out was those that weren't looking so well dressed and kind of uninterested with the whole interview stuff got their visas so I have seen it all.

Your response didn't even refute what i stated which is this, to be calm and don't appear desperate during the interview.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by zoghys: 11:22pm On May 05, 2021
DPlanB1:

Canada work visa process may takes two to six months depending on the backlog of application at the embassy. Feel free to contact the embassy if you have any concern.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:32pm On May 05, 2021
kenodrill:
I pray I don't make same mistake.I'm also thinking of moving to canada.I met an agent online who claims he is based in Dubai and can guarantee me a four years visa with working permit at the cost of #3.8m.please any advice

DO NOT TRY IT!

Even the distance between the both of you is a red flag already.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by bunmmy5: 11:32pm On May 05, 2021
Do not say what you don't know. Canada skilled visa is still running very well and Moreso, because of covid 19 there might be a delay in processing of applications. Bro, did u do any English Exam before applying for the canadian work visa.

Lagbaja88:
vfs does not process visa its only am agent of Canadian embassy . These agents apply for work permit using fake job offer or no job offer, you do biometrics ( it settles your mind) and later when the file is open for processing you will get rejected and lose your 1m you paid the agents. Ask yourself have you seen some who did Dubai visa by agent== yes many.
Have you seen any one who went to canada on work permit from nigeria === No
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 05, 2021
zoghys:

Canada work visa process may takes two to six months depending on the backlog of application at the embassy. Feel free to contact the embassy if you have any concern.

I've Seen That Most Of You Here Just Say What You Know Nothing About And Lie Alot....I'm Asking You,Even With This Covid-19 Did You Personally Apply For A Canadian Work Visa And It Took You 3months-6Months To Track?!And Even If You Did Apply For Work Visa, As What?! An Essential Health Worker Or Wetin?! Abi All This One Na Hear Say Hear Say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District / Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) / The Sorry State of The Lagos-Badagry Expressway This Morning - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.