Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time (1150 Views)

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help / What Is The Name Of This Bird? / Male 12 Months Old Ostrich Bird For Sale In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time by AirBay: 2:42pm On May 04, 2021
I saw this bird today and I wished I could keep it as a pet but it flew away undecided

Can anyone identify the bird

2 Likes

Re: Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time by LikeAking: 2:45pm On May 04, 2021
Na fish eater.

Their is a fish pond around your area.

The bird love to feed on fingerlings and juv.

I have killed many of them on my family fish farm years ago.
Re: Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time by PlayerMeji: 8:03pm On May 04, 2021
Kingfisher, that's the name!

3 Likes

Re: Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time by Nobody: 6:00am On May 05, 2021
Orange beak...

Malachite kingfisher?

These sort of birds were everywhere in the neighbourhood that I grew up in. But I preferred watching the canaries instead back then.

Nature is indeed beautiful.

Word for you, OP, don't even try catching that. Don't attempt it. It's a very shy sort of bird. One suspicious movement towards it and it will naturally take off. That simple. I have experienced that a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time by jaydy1206: 7:21am On Mar 21
It's called a woodland kingfisher (Halcyon senegalensis), a tree kingfisher that is widely distributed in Africa south of the Sahara.

You're pics are quite detailed because Google lens suggested your thread when I searched made a picture search.
Re: Saw A BLUE BIRD for the first time by noble2faith(m): 7:59am On Mar 25
Orange beak...

Malachite kingfisher?

These sort of birds were everywhere in the neighbourhood that I grew up in. But I preferred watching the canaries instead back then.

Nature is indeed beautiful.

Word for you, OP, don't even try catching that. Don't attempt it. It's a very shy sort of bird. One suspicious movement towards it and it will naturally take off. That simple. I have experienced that a lot.

U mean say him papa na Prophet Malachi?🙄

(1) (Reply)

6 Weeks Lhasa For Sale / Massive Boerboel Puppies Available For Sale / 6 Months Old Seberian Husky Urgently For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.