Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,671,492 members, 6,281,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 May 2021 at 09:34 PM

Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! (507 Views)

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! / I've Just Been Scammed / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:33pm On May 04
Good evening guys
pls don't mind my typos, i'll try to make it short
i joined this particular whatsapp tv some months back and normally i'm not the type that views status updates but some weeks back i stumbled on this particular whatsapp tv's status and i saw his post about paying people 70% as ROI on their investment after 72 hours i thought it was a scam but after i saw some kind of transaction screenshots he posted of him paying his investors and they appeared so real, i decided to try with the last 30k in my account(my school fees money which is not even yet complete) since it was only for 72 hours. he acknowledged the transfer and asked me to send my details after 72 hours to him. that time came and he started ignoring my messages and calls, i begged him with voice notes crying that it was meant to pay my school fees which isn't even complete yet but he would read and not reply, he kept blocking and unblocking me, i don't know why.. the next day he updated his status with "all investors have been successfully paid" with his fake screenshots as usual.. at that point, i knew i'd been scammed i couldn't sleep and i've been thinking since about it. pls all insults are welcome i know i was very stupid but pls is there any way i can get him through his account details. i'll be very glad if the moderators can move this to front page. i'm at the point of taking my life.

below is a screenshot of our conversation.. his whatsapp name is DIP TV.

this is his whatsapp number
0810 955 5512

Mynd44
OAM4J
help me move this to front page and save a life pls
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:35pm On May 04
screenshot 1

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:35pm On May 04

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:36pm On May 04

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by SportsHD: 5:37pm On May 04
gringringrin.

Awoof dey run belle.
In as much as i don't support scammers, that investment stuff is the oldest trick in the book.

What was he investing in and how much were you gonna get.

Don't take your life, You'll be alright las las.

Smoke weed so you'll be happy at least.

You know if you invested that money in crypto, day trading, you would make it back in less than 24 hours?

Shaa God would be with you.

You can send 50 naira to his account and tag the description as"bitcoin" so cbn can block his account.

Or you can go report to the bank.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Freestainworld(m): 5:39pm On May 04
Report to his bank, with that, they can track him
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Pmedia7787: 5:40pm On May 04
Ok
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by gambia(m): 5:41pm On May 04
You were not informed too? After MMM and MBA saga, you still went ahead with all these decorated ponzi schemes, okay, continue, there's God. It's well with your soul.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by FortifiedCity: 5:42pm On May 04
Only greedy people gets scammed this way

5 Likes

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:43pm On May 04
Freestainworld:
Report to his bank, with that, they can track him

i've gone to the bank to report and the guy told me to forget about the issue and move else i will spend more than that. i'm only 19 years old please do you know anyone that can help?
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by lilvicky68(m): 5:43pm On May 04
Your greed led you to this..even Illuminati no dey pay 70% ROI..
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:44pm On May 04
SportsHD:
gringringrin.

Awoof dey run belle.
In as much as i don't support scammers, that investment stuff is the oldest trick in the book.

What was he investing in and how much were you gonna get.

Don't take your life, You'll be alright las las.

Smoke weed so you'll be happy at least.

You know if you invested that money in crypto, day trading, you would make it back in less than 24 hours?

Shaa God would be with you.

You can send 50 naira to his account and tag the description as"bitcoin" so cbn can block his account.

Or you can go report to the bank.

where do i start from.. i'm hopeless
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by waleyp(m): 5:50pm On May 04
ToBiLoBa OOO! All You Need Now Is To Move On.
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by incogni2o: 5:54pm On May 04
Tobiloba37:

where do i start from.. i'm hopeless

Pele

People who work in banks unfortunately don't have nairaland time.

They don't comment to things like this
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:55pm On May 04
waleyp:
ToBiLoBa OOO! All You Need Now Is To Move On.

the question is how? my exam is coming up in a few weeks time and without paying i wont be able to sit for it.. pls if you know anyone i can meet to help me to get that guys pls give me their contact. i have never scammed anyone before so why would this happen to me i'm only 18 years old. if i don't get a solution then i'm afraid i'm left with no other option than suicide
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by showafrica(m): 5:56pm On May 04
Lesson, no short cut to riches. If he can mulitiply money, his name should be on phobes
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 5:56pm On May 04
please i need you guys to help me tag the moderators to move it to front page i barely know them as i'm kimda new to nairaland. it will go a long way please
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Kandeed: 6:03pm On May 04
Tobiloba37:

i'm only 18 years old.

Tobiloba37:

i'm only 19 years old please
18 or 19 bro which one cause you're already confusing EFCC o

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Nashoji(m): 6:07pm On May 04
You should know that it is scam from the time he said they are gonna double your money in 72 hours. Anything that has to do with doubling your money in some hours or even few days na scam. I still wonder how people fall for this cheap scam. one tried it with me yesterday, no be person tell am to block himself by himself. Ndi ara

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 6:07pm On May 04
Kandeed:

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 6:08pm On May 04
Kandeed:

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 6:10pm On May 04
Kandeed:

just turned 19 last month, please if you have any idea on how i can track this guy please help me
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 6:14pm On May 04
MYND44 please help me move it to front page
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by tolufase: 6:23pm On May 04
I don't know your location but you living in Abuja or close to Abuja, you can contact this radio station called Berekete family. They will help retrieve your money but you must be ready to face they reality because they will ask you questions and some may sound a little bit embarrassing. You can google their contact.
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 6:27pm On May 04
tolufase:
I don't know your location but you living in Abuja or close to Abuja, you can contact this radio station called Berekete family. They will help retrieve your money but you must be ready to face they reality because they will ask you questions and some may sound a little bit embarrassing. You can google their contact.

thanks alot. can i have your whatsapp number please
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Comedian2019: 6:32pm On May 04
Report him to his bank. Alert efcc. You might be fortunate to recover your money.
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Tobiloba37: 6:36pm On May 04
Comedian2019:
Report him to his bank.
Alert efcc. You might be fortunate to recover your money.

i went to the bank but the guy was telling me to just forget about it and that i'll spend much more than 30k trying to track him

1 Like

Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Elmaaq: 6:55pm On May 04
Tobiloba37:

i went to the bank but the guy was telling me to just forget about it and that i'll spend much more than 30k trying to track him

The bank won't do anything about it
First report to the police
There's a police cyber security website start there
There's also the CBS criminal bereau go to their office and report, it will cost you money but they guarantee you get everything back
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by tolufase: 7:29pm On May 04
Tobiloba37:

thanks alot. can i have your whatsapp number please

You can dm me your WhatsApp number
Re: Please Help I've Just Been Scammed! by Elmaaq: 7:53pm On May 04
Tobiloba37:

the question is how? my exam is coming up in a few weeks time and without paying i wont be able to sit for it.. pls if you know anyone i can meet to help me to get that guys pls give me their contact. i have never scammed anyone before so why would this happen to me i'm only 18 years old. if i don't get a solution then i'm afraid i'm left with no other option than suicide

Suicide shouldn't be an option
There's has to be another way the money can come, a loan from a relative, a gift etc
Police case may take awhile....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Husband And Wife Rob Bank / Suspected Cultist Impregnates 7-year-old / Boy, 13, Commits Suicide As 60-year Old Man Defiles 12-year Old Gir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.