Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Outrage as Man Pays 1 million as bride price in Imo State.. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrage as Man Pays 1 million as bride price in Imo State.. (2144 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / After 46 Years Of Marriage, 84-year-old Man Pays His Wife Dowry (Photos) / Man Pays Tribute To His Late Wife Who Died During Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Outrage as Man Pays 1 million as bride price in Imo State.. by ecomalchemist(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2021
That's why most women will remain single till they die.

You want to use brideprice as poverty alleviation scheme ?

you better use that money and start importation business that will yield a high ROI than investing in an over used pussy business with a broken odometer and high mileage.

I hope i made sense.
Re: Outrage as Man Pays 1 million as bride price in Imo State.. by crackhaus: 8:00pm On May 05, 2021
Thank God for the kind of family I come from...

Even if the jazz any woman can use on me is so strong that it will make me dole out 1m naira to settle her marriage list, I trust my family to wake me up on time.

2 Likes

Re: Outrage as Man Pays 1 million as bride price in Imo State.. by angelfallz(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2021
crackhaus:
Thank God for the kind of family I come from...

Even if the jazz any woman can use on me is so strong that it will make me dole out 1m naira to settle her marriage list, I trust my family to wake me up on time.

Ignorance is one of the things killing our generation. Bride price is negotiable. But 99% of men don't know this.
Every culture has its own way of determining what the bride price would be. But in this generation, " I heard in Imo they pay 1million for bride price", "I heard Igbo girls' bride price is expensive", "I heard that you must buy hot drink for all the men in the girl's family" etc
people do things based on, I heard, they said.

Families prey on ignorant young men, that is why you see the ridiculous amount and other items all in the name of bride price.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Replying To Finally I'm Kicking My Husband Out Of My House. I'm Sorry / This Is My Second Time Of Seeing This With My 2-year Old Daughter! / Nigerian Kids Can't Speak Local Languages:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.