Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,399 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? (34003 Views)

Which Network Is The Most Cost-effective For Data In Nigeria? / Cost Of Data In Nigeria Is Very High. Not Cheap / Cost Of 1Gb Of Data In Every Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Boomboost(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2021
I was on Telegram in a Japanese channel and there were multiple video uploads of 1gb+ and I was not happy to be so data limited.

So, what's the cost of data in the country you currently reside in and have there been changes in prices, what complaints do you have concerning data and compare with Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Youngokwy(m): 9:01pm On May 04, 2021
Cameroon 1.2GB 500frs=#400 naira

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Vulcanheph(m): 9:16pm On May 04, 2021
Let me grab popcorn.... This is gonna be interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Roddwave: 9:36pm On May 04, 2021
Ehhm i live in
Shina
I pay 3 yen for 25GB for 60 days
Na joke i joke oo

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Boomboost(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2021
Roddwave:
Ehhm i live in
Shina
I pay 3 yen for 25GB for 60 days

That's like N176 for 25GB according to Google. It's incomprehensible. E mad. undecided

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Roddwave: 10:23pm On May 04, 2021
Boomboost:

That's like N176 for 25GB according to Google. It's incomprehensible. E mad. undecided
Na joke i dey joke i no mean am

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Youngpo413: 10:31pm On May 04, 2021
Tel Aviv

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by josh123(m): 10:39pm On May 04, 2021
Roddwave:

why u confess?? grin
Roddwave:

why u confess??

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Boomboost(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2021
Roddwave:

You deserve konk

166 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 04, 2021
California, USA..
Roughly 40 USD per month.
Unlimited..

176 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by bodejohn(m): 11:50pm On May 04, 2021
Broadband through coax or fiber optic cable is between $40 and $80 depending on if you bundle cable streaming service.

Mobile data is around $10/GB

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Tats(m): 2:02am On May 05, 2021
Mobile: 150Gb+unlimited national calls and text = £20 monthly
Home: Unlimited WIFI + house phone + Cable TV including sports = £91 monthly (after discount for triple package).

Practically don't use the mobile data now as working from home and phone connects to home wifi.
Home service provider said I used 116GB in April and that is mainly due to conference & video calls and work email attachments.

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by sunshineV(f): 2:12am On May 05, 2021
here in lagos, it's 1500 for 1GB per 3days

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by addictiv(m): 2:29am On May 05, 2021
£20 per month =unlimited local calls + unlimited data

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by EmekaBlue(m): 3:33am On May 05, 2021
Country-China
Network-中国移动
Price-100rmb (5000+ naira)
Package- Unlimited
Duration- 1month

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by m4una(m): 4:20am On May 05, 2021
100Gb for 13euro monthly, Italy

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by EgunMogaji2: 4:40am On May 05, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
California, USA..
Roughly 40 USD per month.
Unlimited..

Hi, what area in Cali are you?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by WoundedLamb: 5:03am On May 05, 2021
In Québec and Toronto, I pay $49.95/mo for unlimited home internet plan (comes with tv). My prepaid subscription for mobile comes with 1G which I don't get to use these days cause I'm either at home, at work, at a friend's place or somewhere where there's WiFi for public consumption like restaurants, train stations, salons, etc.

I don't really think you'd get a good understanding of internet cost by just looking at the purchasing prices in different countries cause economy also matters. Money is what money can buy and figures alone don't say much. For example, you'd need to know what people earn as income in these countries, the cost of other things in the country, etc. before you can say if something is really expensive or not.

228 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 6:44am On May 05, 2021
Note: there is nothing like unlimited internet all over the world, unlimited internet is just a marketing word

Every "unlimited internet" has a threshold.

100gb in ogodo Nigeria is 42 dollar.
Unlimited is 52 dollars per month
Another type of unlimited is 125 dollars per month

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Roddwave: 6:48am On May 05, 2021
josh123:
why u confess?? ;Dwhy u confess??

Make i cruise small grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 7:06am On May 05, 2021
sunshineV:

Where?

In Nigeria, 1.5gb can be gotten for 300 naira for 7days. That is about 0.7 cents.

43 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by parzdor(m): 7:08am On May 05, 2021
W
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Akanimoh113(m): 7:18am On May 05, 2021
Tats:
Mobile: 150Gb+unlimited national calls and text = £20 monthly
Home: Unlimited WIFI + house phone + Cable TV including sports = £91 monthly (after discount for triple package).

Practically don't use the mobile data now as working from home and phone connects to home wifi.
Home service provider said I used 116GB in April and that is mainly due to conference & video calls and work email attachments.

Unlimited Call credit
I need to go abroad

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by CheedyJ(m): 7:22am On May 05, 2021
sunshineV:
Is lagos outside Nigeria or there’s a country called Lagos that I’m ignorant of?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by tayo60(f): 7:24am On May 05, 2021
Here to count how many nairalanders are in diaspora while I'm not cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by jetski: 7:28am On May 05, 2021
dunno
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Jesuschristus: 7:28am On May 05, 2021
Nigerians will be surprised we still av some of the cheapest data in d world

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29am On May 05, 2021
Out of the 30 comments on this Frontpage, it was only 7 people that gave the OP the answer he was seeking, while 80% of posters were just typing jargons and eating up space instead of to chill out and let us learn and compare prices in our darling nation with oversea countries out there.

In foreign forum, you will see members chilling out without commenting to learn something that will impact them for life.
Dis our Nairaland sometimes sef.

Frales6:
I'm waiting for answers too
Better person, this is how it's supposed to be.
We wait and let people that are out there comment.
Simple!

AllenSpencer:
$11/gig in Zimbabwe
Thank you jare.
Is that in USA dollars or Zimbabwe dolls?

GodsClan:
40aud 200gb . Got it during a promo though
What was the duration given for the 200Gb?

bfire:
In GTA (greater Toronto area), $45 tax included per month: unlimited call, text to any county and 10gb every month
That's kool.
That is around twenty thousand naira monthly. Kool.
deltaprincess:

We pay about 110 Canadian Dollars a month for unlimited download. That's about 34,500 Naira
#34,000!
Wawu!
As long as you get the services you pay for, no complains sha.

KaluwisxPRO:
Unlimited 50/50 #31,000 ZAR1039 Monthly
Which country is that sir? (ZAR!)

PrisonEscapee:
Data is super cheap in Nigeria. Definitely one of the cheapest in the world.
With all we are reading from obodo oyibo people,
You've said it all.
END OF THREAD!!!

CheedyJ:
Is lagos outside Nigeria or there’s a country called Lagos that I’m ignorant of?
Dear Chidi,
The answer to your question lies in the image below.
You are welcome.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Minjim: 7:29am On May 05, 2021
Youngokwy:
Cameroon 1.2GB 500frs=#400 naira

Duration?

I can get 2.5g on Mtn for #500. But it's just for two days

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Frales6(f): 7:30am On May 05, 2021
I'm waiting for answers too
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by styless(f): 7:31am On May 05, 2021
angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Did I Get A Cloned Device? / Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Phone Section Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.