Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa (54010 Views)

Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) / Iphone 13 Series Price In Nigeria, Kenya, And South Africa / Glo Owing MTN N10 Billion In Interconnectivity Fees - BusinessDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by Harrynight(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2021
olamide0147:

Typical naija thinking, do you think other countries citizens won't know their worth like Nigerians?

You don't call greediness 'smartness'

Was he SELLING his idea at the onset? Was there an agreed prize?

If u had read the article you would Notice where he said that he came up with the idea for his benefits which is "his girlfriend could send him a free "Call Me Back" sms when she's out of call units and wish to talk to him!

YOU DON'T GIVE OUT SOMETHING FREE AND LATER RETURN AND DEMAND A PRICE, if at all you should, be reasonable not GREEDY
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by EmekaBlue(m): 10:50am On May 05, 2021
KingMack:
Zuby Michael be like..one day Na one day I go cash out from ECHOKE grin
i thought It's davido who started it tho Zuby use it alot
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by Mayeldah(m): 10:59am On May 05, 2021
BMC lazy youths, una see una mate?

You are here hidding behind your china phone keyboard supporting a known Jihad terrorist for N30k per month.

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by jaxxy(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by Hastala: 11:19am On May 05, 2021
Rema and frieboy sets for studio release of a music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhUjW_5Kew
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by comrChris(m): 11:21am On May 05, 2021
Its the exchange rate that is my concern
How did we get to this level bikonu?

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by TMKsouth: 11:29am On May 05, 2021
24brains:
he may lose this one. You bring idea, them award you millions. Now you are clamouring for billions. Na you invent am? Na idea you bring fa

He was entitled to 5% which should have been R3.5 billion, they only offered R47 million. They've been trying to cheat him ever since the CEO claimed the idea as his own.

So I think he'll get half what he's asking for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by TMKsouth: 11:30am On May 05, 2021
just2endowed:

Why are there no pure water littering the area?

Lol, tourists always marvel at how clean South Africa is in most parts.
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by PAWG(m): 11:55am On May 05, 2021
ChiefAfonja:
grin grin
You see why Innoson rejected that guy's logo??

Sense will not kill him grin

You made plenty sense man!
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by TMKsouth: 12:23pm On May 05, 2021
Felicity001:

How about me that sold the idea of "borrow credit" to MTN during one of our customer call in the year 2006 nko who has paid me a dine?

If it's true then I suggest u approach the Nigerian courts. If that fails take it to South Africa where they're headquartered, the courts will listen since there's a precedent with this Makate case.
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by TMKsouth: 12:24pm On May 05, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
Not only VODACOM, the judgement should be extended to MTN and other Telecoms company.

If he wins this R10 billion he'll have all the resources to do that cool

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by TMKsouth: 12:28pm On May 05, 2021
mrkings84:
People are inventing gadgets, planes, cars, electronics etc, Na pls call me back Na him this one invented.

I no blame, Na Desmond Elliot fault.

Most phone apps are by someone's idea who sold the concept to engineers and IT guys.
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by WorldRichest: 12:52pm On May 05, 2021
Cholls:
My brothers who invented urgent 2k?? I wan know am

Toke Makinwa
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by 24brains(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2021
TMKsouth:

He was entitled to 5% which should have been R3.5 billion, they only offered R47 million. They've been trying to cheat him ever since the CEO claimed the idea as his own.

So I think he'll get half what he's asking for.
waooo... That's money. Mennn

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 05, 2021
TMKsouth:
Nkosana Makate enjoys huge public support in this David vs Goliath case
See South Africans fighting for their citizen while dstv uses Nigerians as napkin..chei

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by Classickj(m): 4:57pm On May 05, 2021
Futurecrypto1:
No be this man invent am,na 9ja girls invent that line
If you want to earn money online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour to earn. My friend withdrew 8k after two weeks.register now and start earning
how many girls fit afford phone when phone first reach 9ja
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by brightDdon(m): 5:22pm On May 05, 2021
Harrynight:
TRUTH be told this guy is also damn greedy!

When you work in an organization where you are paid, you are expected to contribute by hard work and idea to move the organization to greater heights and be profitable!

As a staff, He contributed an impressive idea to the company, he was appreciated with a whooping R47 million (About ₦1.2Billion)

Greed push him to demand for more!
Is he expecting the company to hand him all the profits realized from his idea?

Was actually thinking same as you.

People can be greedy,, when he applied he promised to contribute to the growth of the organization and suddenly he's forgotten that

If I was the CEO of the organization,his application letter would had won me(the organization) the case.

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by chiefobdk(m): 5:24pm On May 05, 2021
Harrynight:

When you work in an organization where you are paid, you are expected to contribute by hard work and idea to move the organization to greater heights and be profitable!

As a staff, He contributed an impressive idea to the company, he was appreciated with a whooping R47 million (About ₦1.2Billion)

Emotional trash.. You dont know more than the Court whr he won

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by Richthekid: 5:44pm On May 05, 2021
Oh
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by 2kurupt(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2021
Harrynight:

I beg to differ.

First of all he was an accountant while serving the company and is not obligated to give them such ideas which was not his primary assignment. It would have been so if he was employed as a Business Development Executive.

Secondly you say he is greedy but you'll agree with me justice delayed is akin to justice denied. It took Vodacom over 20 years to compensate him after gruelling legal tussle. That 47 million Rand becomes paltry when you consider legal fees, inflation rate that has accrued over 2 decades, damages and distress (which are unquantifiable) caused the young man.

These big firms need to be put in their place, they're not above the law.

2 Likes

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by 2kurupt(m): 6:41pm On May 05, 2021
TMKsouth:

If he wins this R10 billion he'll have all the resources to do that cool
Yeah, most def the guy is on a roll. All the other telcos are using the concept too

1 Like

Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by EMMY76: 7:06pm On May 05, 2021
Commandclem should learn from this man story.
Re: Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa by Tisham20(m): 9:17am On May 06, 2021
Cholls:
My brothers who invented urgent 2k?? I wan know am
grin cheesy[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Which Network Provider In Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Connection? / My Phone Says "Code Error" When I Key In My Security Code - Problem Solved Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.