Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. (211 Views)

Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Zion A Place Of Rest, A Place Of Comfort And A Place Of Fulfillment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by Nobody: 12:07am On May 05, 2021
Often time when someone dies, we will see something like '' a life well spent'', a' 'fullfill life' etc, it makes me wonder and always ask this question in my mind, is there really a fullfill life?
Life is very tough and only few people can dispute that, we work and strife from the cradle till when we exited, is there anytime we can say :yes I got all I want?
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by Kobojunkiee: 12:18am On May 05, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Often time when someone dies, we will see something like '' a life well spent'', a' 'fullfill life' etc, it makes me wonder and always ask this question in my mind, is there really a fullfill life?
Life is very tough and only few people can dispute that, we work and strife from the cradle till when we exited, is there anytime we can say :yes I got all I want?
It is all subjective though, isn't it. undecided

Only Mr. A can judge and know for a fact whether he, Mr. A, has indeed lived whay would amount to a fulfilling existence by his judgement. Mr. B, on the other hand, has no real way of knowing if this is true for Mr. A or not. undecided

Even if Mr. A were to reveal the result of his assessment of his existence to Mr.B, all Mr. B would still have at that point to go on is what Mr. A said, with no real way of proving it. undecided

So whenever I hear folks, particularly, Nigerians, speak of persons having lived fulfilling lives , I know fora fact that as is typical with Nigerians, it is only out of ignorance and arrogance they say such things they don't even realize the meaning of. undecided
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by incogni2o: 12:26am On May 05, 2021
Outside God.

NO

Ask Bill gates.

Can you cook rice having all the ingredents without water?

Na shakara and foolishness be that oh

PS.

No, I am not a preacher.
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by Kobojunkiee: 12:45am On May 05, 2021
incogni2o:
Outside God.
NO
Ask Bill gates.
Can you cook rice having all the ingredents without water?
Na shakara and foolishness be that oh
PS.
No, I am not a preacher.
I have to disagree with you that and I happen to believe wholly in God. I believe that even a fulfilling life that was not only promised by God to only those who have eternal life .i.e. those who are believers. undecided

But I will start by asking you, where in the Bible, does God inform you that only those who have Him can have what may amount to a fulfilling life? undecided
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by incogni2o: 1:12am On May 05, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I have to disagree with you that and I happen to believe wholly in God. I believe that even a fulfilling life that was not only promised by God to only those who have eternal life .i.e. those who are believers. undecided

But I will start by asking you, where in the Bible, does God inform you that only those who have Him can have what may amount to a fulfilling life? undecided

Volkswagen90:

Please takes note the bolded in OP's question.

I was trying to answer the deeper source of the question, not just superficially .

Everyone could say Bill gates is fullfilled, But is He really fullfilled?

Fulfillment is a state of mind that brings happiness and the sense of a Life well lived and "destiny" acheived

Christ is an example of Fulfillment in the Bible
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by Kobojunkiee: 1:36am On May 05, 2021
incogni2o:

Please takes note the bolded in OP's question.
I was trying to answer the deeper source of the question, not just superficially .
Everyone could say Bill gates is fullfilled, But is He really fullfilled?
Fulfillment is a state of mind that brings happiness and the sense of a Life well lived and "destiny" acheived
Christ is an example of Fulfillment in the Bible
We know Jesus Christ fulfilled His mission in the Bible and the reason we know this because we were told of the life He would live and the end result of that life through the prophets and all confirmed by Jesus Christ who desired that very life. undecided

But we are not then told that only those who have God can live what may amount to a fulfilling life, right? undecided
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by olite93(m): 2:13am On May 05, 2021
If you have lived a life of understanding. In the sense dat we're not in dis life to make money or riches, we're here to love our next man, be happy and do what makes us happy as long as it dont hurt no one. Have a relationship with your maker and always doing your best. I think thats fulfillment. Cos if we're here just to work for money till death then we'll live in depression
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by incogni2o: 7:28am On May 05, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
We know Jesus Christ fulfilled His mission in the Bible and the reason we know this because we were told of the life He would live and the end result of that life through the prophets and all confirmed by Jesus Christ who desired that very life. undecided

But we are not then told that only those who have God can live what may amount to a fulfilling life, right? undecided

Where is it told otherwise, Is it a personal beleif, a fact or truth?
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by Kobojunkiee: 7:39am On May 05, 2021
incogni2o:

Where is it told otherwise, Is it a personal beleif, a fact or truth?
That I have never read, anywhere in scripture, that only those who are in God can live a productive or fulfilled life is a major reason why. undecided

Other reason is I have met, and read stories of persons who appear to Iive, or have lived, seemingly happy lives even without a knowledge of God in the equation. undecided
Re: Is There Really A Life Of Fulfillment? Preachers Keep Off. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44am On May 05, 2021
YES! smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Fall Of Humanity. / The House Of 1000 Mirrors / The Gifts Of The Spirit Of Jesus Christ Crucified Is To Build Up The Body/church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.