Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,821 members, 7,806,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) (493 Views)

Some Extreme And Glorious Moments In Ufc [graphic Photos 18+] Contd / Dinma, Wilfred Ndidi's Wife Gave All Friends Flower Instead Of Throwing Bouquet / [VIDEO] Cesc Fabregas Admits To Throwing A Pizza At Sir Alex Ferguson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) by mikeybrainy: 12:46am On May 05, 2021
UFC 261: Chris Weidman’s sickening leg injury vs Uriah Hall

A great night of action at UFC 261 was marred by a gruesome injury to Chris Weidman in the early stages of his main card bout with Uriah Hall.

In what would prove to be the only strike of the fight, Weidman threw a right leg kick. Anticipating the blow, Hall checked the kick. The result of this was catastrophic for Weidman, as his lower right leg snapped upon impact. Footage of the horrific break can be seen further down this article, but viewer discretion is advised.

The seriousness of the situation was immediately obvious to all in attendance, with referee Herb Dean calling an immediate halt to the contest after just 17 seconds of the opening round.

The fight marks the first time in UFC history that a fighter has ever won by TKO without throwing a single strike. However, that piece of history is something Hall wishes he had no part of.

The Jamaican was clearly devastated by the outcome, looking visibly upset as Weidman was loaded onto a stretcher and carried out of the Octagon.

That same feeling extended to members of the crowd at the sold-out VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville. The UFC announce team revealed on the broadcast that several fans close to the action could be seen in tears.

There have only been three instances of a broken leg due to a checked kick in the promotion's long history. Incredibly, Weidman has featured in two of them.

The former middleweight champion broke the fibula and tibia of Anderson Silva during their title fight at UFC 168 in December 2013. In a cruel twist of fate, Weidman was on the receiving end of a similar injury on Saturday night.

The 36-year old is due to undergo surgery on his leg in just a few hours as of writing this article.

Hall paid a classy tribute to his fallen opponent during his post-fight interview, saying: "I wanted to put on a great performance, but man, I feel so bad for him," he told Joe Rogan.

"I hope he’s OK. I wish his family well, if they’re watching. It’s the sucky part of this sport. It’s the hurt business. ... I hope he recovers and then hey, whatever rank I am in the future, if he gets well, I owe him this fight. I hope he can come back from this."

We all join Hall in wishing Weidman a swift recovery.

https://www.givemesport.com/1681207-ufc-261-chris-weidmans-sickening-leg-injury-vs-uriah-hall

Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6CG0z8Ptxs
Re: Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) by colossus91(m): 12:48am On May 05, 2021
mad
Re: Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) by meobizy(f): 2:53am On May 05, 2021
colossus91:
mad
...people?
Re: Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) by meobizy(f): 2:55am On May 05, 2021
That’s one of the hazards of the sport. I’ve seen this happen about three times in MMA. I’m sure their water cuts before tournaments lead to this. There is only so much water the human body can shed before malfunctioning.
Re: Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) by Nobody: 3:46am On May 05, 2021
meobizy:
That’s one of the hazards of the sport. I’ve seen this happen about three times in MMA. I’m sure their water cuts before tournaments lead to this. There is only so much water the human body can shed before malfunctioning.
I hear
Re: Uriah Halls Wins A Fight Without Throwing A Strike In Ufc.(graphic Content) by Ohizfly(m): 3:47am On May 05, 2021
okk

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Chelsea’s 24 Man Squad As They Arrive In Belfast Ahead Of Super Cup / Does This Show That Messi Is The Real GOAT? / Martin Odegaard Is Arsenals Saviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.