Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda (53618 Views)

Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband / Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics) / Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce After 27 years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by IboWolf: 9:19am On May 05, 2021
That’s some strong friendship with your ex for her to advice you on who to marry… I mean this is above my level and pay grade, so I will step back.
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by sammyj: 9:19am On May 05, 2021
Thank you for abusing me because of my opinion if that also seems abnormal to you!!
Adebowalay:
oh..oh .. u think it's normal to be world's richest man? ....small touch must dey ur brain na�
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Yankee101: 9:20am On May 05, 2021
For anyone planning to marry a very rich person, it comes with alot of bullcrap, so be ready

Some are crazy, some are drug addicts, a good number are weird, others are all of the above

It takes special self control to not be an ass when you come into lotta cash. That's why we need God always

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by generationz(f): 9:22am On May 05, 2021
ekineme:

You don't get the point, From the write up, you can deduce that ''Bill'' draws inspiration from that lady, though he loves his wife but the ideas, motivation and feeling of sharing your dreams with someone of ''like-minded'' can never be traded for anything.

Do they indulge in adultery? The write-up didn't state that, so it's wrong to assume they did.

The wife is aware of this friendship, she is ok with it, The said lady was part of his greatness.

I hate it when people throw away years of friendship because they want to please a very insecure fellow.

For me the code is simple; respect and honor your wife and the holy matrimony but don't trade your friends for anything.

You must be naive if you think they were not still banging each other.

Melinda probably told herself, I'm the wife so that's what matters. She had other boyfriends when she was dating Bill too. Plus, you think a nerd like her will pass up on marrying the youngest richest man at that time, just because of an older girlfriend? She would never have gotten an Bill in a billion years.

People don't understand that many of the richest people in the world have open marriages and that's fine for them. That's why people made it such a big deal when Will smiths own came out.
The stress of making money alone destroys true love and intimacy.

I'm just wondering why Bill didn't marry the lady who saw potential in him first.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by baralatie(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2021
generationz:

Melinda was seeing other men too when they were dating.
I believe it was more of a business marriage than for love. That's why they lasted so long and achieved a lot together.
it was not a business marriage at all!
bill gates was a complete "nerd" and was not into multiple relationship when he met melinda.on the other hand melinda had as you noted many offers from men who wanted to date her.
bill in his write up was even asking himself why and what was the benefit of even thinking of getting married in itself.
melinda confirmed that when she met bill he was calculating the "pros and cons" of getting married on a white chalkboard.
it is clear that this ann was the one that solved his chalkboard problem because melinda was not "nerd" like him but was a strong family training and that help him to see melinda differently as a lovable and reasonably reliable person to spend his life with.

that I the reason why the relationship has lasted 27 years
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by generationz(f): 9:30am On May 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The article didn't say if they cheated or not thus my first question. I also don't subscribe to the idea of people cutting off friends after marriage. But my comment is based on the fact this is a privilege only the men get to enjoy. If it were the woman who was jetting around with her ex, people won't be here talking about inspiration and stuff. She would have been labeled a cheat outrightly. In fact, a typical Nigerian man wouldn't even want his lady to have any male friend let alone spend quality time with an ex. We're only making these exceptions and remembering inspiration cause the spotlight is on the man.

Exactly. When I say men have it better, they argue.
A man with money can do whatever he likes. He is a king. He can be a bad boy. It's justified. The wife knows she's replaceable. All the girlfriends want to please him.

A woman with money is deemed incomplete if she doesn't get married or have kids at a certain period. Her success takes a back seat. But God gave all of us equal intelligence to succeed. It's not just fair.

Will Smith had an affair like his wife but it didn't blow up because "women are not supposed to act like men."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Kingrefreshed: 9:31am On May 05, 2021
bukatyne:

If you understand what infidelity really is, you would not say there was no cheating.

Did you even read the part he made mention that she knew her all along and even he wanted to marry Melinda he asked her for approval? Ogbeni he Always have been in relationship with his ex.

Melinda knew all about it from the beginning!
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by baralatie(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2021
IboWolf:
That’s some strong friendship with your ex for her to advice you on who to marry… I mean this is above my level and pay grade, so I will step back.
you need to understand bill and melinda were already at that point of making a life changing decision
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by GeneralPula: 9:34am On May 05, 2021
Bill gate is a billionaire. A married woman that’s a billionaire can as well do the same if in bills case. After all, Bills wife was aware of it. Not as if he kept it a secret..

But in this bill gate situation, it’s stupid for people who are not billionaires to be asking can you allow your wife to have a getaway friend. Una get yatch? Una get private jet? Una be billionaire? Una get ideas wey una wan share?

Just like Melinda did, there are few men and women in this world that will Okay their spouse to have opposite genders friend..

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by DWJOBScom(m): 9:34am On May 05, 2021
womenareapess:
bro! suffered not poverty in your life!

just because you are suffering for depression in your poverty state doesn't mean it will also applied to having money!

bro! the way you dey yarn so be like say your Mumsi still dey give you breas.t milk

Street dude
I can't help you
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by baralatie(m): 9:34am On May 05, 2021
generationz:

Exactly. When I say men have it better, they argue.
A man with money can do whatever he likes. He is a king. He can be a bad boy. It's justified. The wife knows she's replaceable. All the girlfriends want to please him.

A woman with money is deemed incomplete if she doesn't get married or have kids at a certain period. Her success takes a back seat. But God gave all of us equal intelligence to succeed. It's not just fair.

Will Smith had an affair like his wife but it didn't blow up because "women are not supposed to act like men."
I don't understand the basis for the ascertion
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by generationz(f): 9:37am On May 05, 2021
baralatie:

it was not a business marriage at all!
bill gates was a complete "nerd" and was not into multiple relationship when he met melinda.on the other hand melinda had as you noted many offers from men who wanted to date her.
bill in his write up was even asking himself why and what was the benefit of even thinking of getting married in itself.
melinda confirmed that when she met bill he was calculating the "pros and cons" of getting married on a white chalkboard.
it is clear that this ann was the one that solved his chalkboard problem because melinda was not "nerd" like him but was a strong family training and that help him to see melinda differently as a lovable and reasonably reliable person to spend his life with.

that I the reason why the relationship has lasted 27 years
How do you know he didn't have other women to "cool off"?

You are naive o. His former best friend and CEO of microsoft is a cokehead. Check videos of Steve Ballmer.
You think when they have their yacht parties they sing and say the grace abi?

If a man is comfortable with his girlfriend having other men ask her out it's because he isn't strongly considering marriage and is having his sexual needs met by other women.

They might have like each other but marrying Melinda was a strategic move on his part. They were not foolishly in love. She brought a whole lot to the relationship as a smart, techy, and homely lady.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by baralatie(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2021
GeneralPula:
Bill gate is a billionaire. A married woman that’s a billionaire can as well do the same if in bills case. After all, Bills wife was aware of it. Not as if he kept it a secret..

But in this bill gate situation, it’s stupid for people who are not billionaires to be asking can you allow your wife to have a getaway friend. Una get yatch? Una get private jet? Una be billionaire? Una get ideas wey una wan share?

Just like Melinda did, there are few men and women in this world that will Okay their spouse to have opposite genders friend..
money is not everything o

grin
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Harrynight(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2021
ekineme:

You don't get the point, From the write up, you can deduce that ''Bill'' draws inspiration from that lady, though he loves his wife but the ideas, motivation and feeling of sharing your dreams with someone of ''like-minded'' can never be traded for anything.

Do they indulge in adultery? The write up didn't state that, so it's wrong to assume they did.

The wife is aware of this friendship, she is ok with it, The said lady was part of his greatness.

I hate it when people throw away years of friendship because they want to please a very insecure fellow.

For me the code is simple; respect and honor your wife and the holy matrimony but don't trade your friends for anything.

You very Intelligent in ur reasoning
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by vikstandon(m): 9:46am On May 05, 2021
I see the reason for these viruses...BILL GATES...he sought ways to bypass $500 million, he started creating viruses and building antidotes.

The divorce and this story today is the anecdotes!
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by baralatie(m): 9:49am On May 05, 2021
generationz:

How do you know he didn't have other women to "cool off"?

You are naive o. His former best friend and CEO of microsoft is a cokehead. Check videos of Steve Ballmer.
You think when they have their yacht parties they sing and say the grace abi?

If a man is comfortable with his girlfriend having other men ask her out it's because he isn't strongly considering marriage and is having his sexual needs met by other women.

They might have like each other but marrying Melinda was a strategic move on his part. They were not foolishly in love. She brought a whole lot to the relationship as a smart, techy, and homely lady.
you have not work with tech guys!
they are the most nerdistic guys when it comes to women and relationships.talk less of bill gates at prime 38 years who is a billionaire,software designer and architect,programme developer.these guys will only be in the midst of fellow nerds.that is why you have ann.
melinda was a junior manager at Microsoft in the first year they met.that is the only way bill gates could ever get close to a non nerd female and she had offers (and bill was not top of her list)
what changed was bill gates was encounter to date melinda because of her mental strength as a woman!
if you are looking for a mom,wife ,friend and a woman the choice was melinda not ann.

is there a possibility that a woman may have hit on bill gates, definitely!but not bill gates chasing girls.
he is a complete nerd

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Ambber(f): 9:50am On May 05, 2021
wwwihy:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/bill-gates-took-getaways-with-his-ex-girlfriend-after-marriage-to-melinda
these men will not marry their first choice but keep them in their lives for ever. Like Charles, like Bill. Like Diana, like Melinda except there is no cheating in Bill’s case, open cards from day one
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Blackdisciple(m): 9:57am On May 05, 2021
Their problems...
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Walkee: 10:11am On May 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Was he cheating or not?

Meanwhile, see them above always quick to justify any shit from men. Imagine if the woman was the one jetting around with her ex here. It would have been "women! They can never be trusted". Sense of objectivity has been eroded by sexism.
male and female infidelity are not even comparable in the slightest. For thousands of years polygamy was a norm and necessity whereas polyandry has never been acceptable nor is it even practicable simply because women have wombs and getting fuccked by two different men will only lead chaos and mass murdering. If Bill were an African or not a hypocritical Caucasian he would have simply married the two women
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Walkee: 10:18am On May 05, 2021
BiggyB242:

Let's be sincere would you let your wife go on a trip every year with a particular ex in the name of drawing inspiration? I bet no African man would do that, is easy to dish out opinion/advice when we are at the other side of the table. If they had so much alike why didn't they get married?

Look at all the men calling him a bad boy, if it was the other way round. Oh, she is cheating, women can not be trusted, etc.
I will simply marry her as a second wife. Can she marry her ex as a second husband? The earlier you guys accepted the reality that male and female infidelity /chastity aren't even comparable the less confused the coming generations will be. I don't blame you guys it's the bed Western men prepared so they should be ready to lie on it.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Bobbynobobby: 10:43am On May 05, 2021
afroxyz:

Go and read about semen retention. If you can't waste money, you shouldn't waste your sexual power. It's the greatest source of energy you have as a man

Wow wow bro I've always known this but it's the first time I'll see it talked about

Thx man. I've always felt better, looked better, feel more fit whenever I abstain for some time
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Design103: 10:50am On May 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Was he cheating or not?

Meanwhile, see them above always quick to justify any shit from men. Imagine if the woman was the one jetting around with her ex here. It would have been "women! They can never be trusted". Sense of objectivity has been eroded by sexism.

Hanty, sometimes tis just good to read everything and then ask questions after.

Bill told his wife about the arrangement before they got married. It was even a deal breaker for him and the wife accepted.
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by grandlexuz(m): 10:57am On May 05, 2021
Harddiskng:
She said there was a “negotiation” then she went ahead to tell us what Bill gate got from it and failed to tell us what she got from it in turn lool.

Watch her fight frantically in the next few months, insinuating anything to demonize Bill Gate just to justify why she deserves half of his fortune; so one weekend getaway (once a year) is the problem after 27 yrs?

Bill should have just married Ann Winblad, sigh even that best of us make lifelong mistakes; it was clear she was his muse.

Fortune been shared before making the divorce public.
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Prettychild(f): 11:03am On May 05, 2021
DWJOBScom:
No evidence of cheating except spending quality and productive time with her.

Why marry someone when you cant spend time with them I have always known something was wrong looking at both of them. They were too busy taking different pictures all around the world alone and running the foundation.
Bill Gates never misses an opportunity to travel or spend time away from his house in a quiet resort or his expensive yacht *alone

So for those that want to marry super rich and cool , this is how some of them are o. You are called out for a good picture for a good magazine cover or Instagram page! and everyone would conclude you are happy happy and rocking
As in eh, why marry someone that you can't enjoy each other's company? It's emotionally killing joor

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by philconsultant: 11:03am On May 05, 2021
Why you need a Good Pitch Video
1)Business decision makers LOVE online video because it gives them the most amount of information in the shortest amount of time.
2)They show a problem and a solution, which means you can show a chain of causality from problem to solution. Illustrating how your products or services solve a customer need is incredibly valuable for securing more conversions.

#marketing #business #digitalmarketing #video #socialmedia
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Hastala: 11:08am On May 05, 2021
Rema and frieboy sets for studio release of a music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhUjW_5Kew
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by ImaIma1(f): 11:27am On May 05, 2021
ekineme:

Do they indulge in adultery? The write up didn't state that, so it's wrong to assume they did.

They were dating. It wasn't just a friendship.

So can you allow your wife spend just one week every year with her ex-boyfriend for inspiration for her business.

She needs him for the inspiration because you are not enough inspiration for her. Would you allow her?

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by bepositive11: 11:46am On May 05, 2021
baralatie:

you have not work with tech guys!
they are the most nerdistic guys when it comes to women and relationships.talk less of bill gates at prime 38 years who is a billionaire,software designer and architect,programme developer.these guys will only be in the midst of fellow nerds.that is why you have ann.
melinda was a junior manager at Microsoft in the first year they met.that is the only way bill gates could ever get close to a non nerd female and she had offers (and bill was not top of her list)
what changed was bill gates was encounter to date melinda because of her mental strength as a woman!
if you are looking for a mom,wife ,friend and a woman the choice was melinda not ann.

is there a possibility that a woman may have hit on bill gates, definitely!but not bill gates chasing girls.
he is a complete nerd

Thanks for this. Really great points. Yes, Ann has a special place in Bill's heart, but they're better off as friends. Ann can never come close to Melinda when it comes to wife and mom qualities. Ann wouldn't have made a good wife to Bill. Marrying Melinda was the right decision for Bill.
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by McStoic(m): 12:07pm On May 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The article didn't say if they cheated or not thus my first question. I also don't subscribe to the idea of people cutting off friends after marriage. But my comment is based on the fact this is a privilege only the men get to enjoy. If it were the woman who was jetting around with her ex, people won't be here talking about inspiration and stuff. She would have been labeled a cheat outrightly. In fact, a typical Nigerian man wouldn't even want his lady to have any male friend let alone spend quality time with an ex. We're only making these exceptions and remembering inspiration cause the spotlight is on the man.

Someone like me anyways, I don't make a rule I cannot keep. That being said, I don't subscribe to hanging around my exes after breaking up. Not that I am enemies with them, it's a matter of basic principle and common sense.

Now talking about men being allowed the privilege, this is a very rare case. The wife approved it for another reason not probably disclosed herein. Finally, a man knows how to relate with a woman without mixing emotions. As in keep her where she belongs. Few women's can pull it off, men are more adept to it.

No be everything una go dey compare men and women. I don't condone infidelity ooo, but even in infidelity men are more gracious than women. Go figure!!
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by DWJOBScom(m): 12:12pm On May 05, 2021
Prettychild:

As in eh, why marry someone that you can't enjoy each other's company? It's emotionally killing joor

Like real real
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Wolfeye: 1:07pm On May 05, 2021
DWJOBScom:
No evidence of cheating except spending quality and productive time with her.

Why marry someone when you cant spend time with them I have always known something was wrong looking at both of them. They were too busy taking different pictures all around the world alone and running the foundation.
Bill Gates never misses an opportunity to travel or spend time away from his house in a quiet resort or his expensive yacht *alone

So for those that want to marry super rich and cool , this is how some of them are o. You are called out for a good picture for a good magazine cover or Instagram page! and everyone would conclude you are happy happy and rocking

Go make money no dey yarn dust. No single woman or man is worth the headache. If you want you have 10 if you can afford it.
Re: Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda by Wolfeye: 1:09pm On May 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
This life, what will be, will be. Melinda was like a case of passers-by, who watched a part of an event ( either substantial or little part of it) but couldn't wait to see the end of the event. The ex will most likely get the lion share of his wealth at a later date. Melinda's share could be much though, but would still be like a tip of the iceberg in the long run.

My sincere advice here is...guys please never despise your ex. Even if she still asks you for help after you're married and started a family life, do your best to help her, though there's nothing between you and her intimately...no strings attached. There some confirmed instances which matched Gates'

This also applies to ladies who parted ways with their ex due to some unavoidable reasons because...nobody knows tomorrow. That spouse you eventually settled with might actually not be better than your ex.

Make money, marry /be with everybody you want. All this una pity party dey funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tips For Getting Your Business Name Approved With CAC / Biola Okoya Visits Her Son's Graveyard To Mark His 1st Death Anniversary (Video) / First Bank Apologises About Lagos Trekking Tweet Today (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.