Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late (28048 Views)

How Will Someone Pay 100m To Secure A Job Of 56M In 4yrs? / Bandits Threaten To Kill 17 Greenfield Students If N100m Ransom Is Not Paid / Gumi On Greenfield Students' Death: Banditry Now War, FG Should Cooperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Danny50: 8:06am On May 05, 2021
Na them
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Armanipounds: 8:08am On May 05, 2021
To be honest with whosoever buy my view, this sheikh is the main terrorist kidnapping these kids in the North-east, the bandits are just his boys and and him the main sponsor of this terrorism is acting openly as an intemediary between the bandits and the FG

1 Like

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Ened(m): 8:10am On May 05, 2021
So we are not talking of solving the problem of security challenge facing this country again. It now how to keep settling bandits/terrorist with hundreds of millions of naira over and over again.This is a new industry all thanks to gross incompetence/corruption of the ruling class.
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by BigSam13: 8:11am On May 05, 2021
Our political leaders are scarecrow
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Centcanada: 8:22am On May 05, 2021
Why can't this government arrest this Gumi of a man. Why would some one be a mediator between government, bandit, kidnappers and we treat him with kid glove?
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Mccullum: 8:23am On May 05, 2021
nsiba:

See how u just described Buhari

What of you that propagating for electing of leaders to be base on religion.
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by brainhgeek(m): 8:29am On May 05, 2021
Arrest this guy!!!
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by youngvito: 8:35am On May 05, 2021
This is a brilliant take.
Sirjamo:
When all of us (Including Buhari) are ready to fight insecurity, we would remove that useless and corrupt subsidies on PMS and electricity, reduce the cost of governance by 50% and use the money to recruit more security personnel; buy more equipment and send thousands for world class counter terrorism training abroad.

South Africa of 50m people with no active terror group spend $5b on security annually.

Nigeria of 200m people with many active terror groups spend $2b on security annually.

If government is deceiving me that it has the capacity and resources to secure this country, I cannot deceive myself. The policing system is practically non - existent due to poor funding, and it should be leading the fight against terror.

I know some pathetic wailers will see this as a defending Buhari, but, Boko haram as seen 3 presidents and 40 service chiefs, this is beyond incompetence, it's systemic incapacitation. We need to overhaul and completely re - energize the system and in doing so, both the government and the citizens must be ready to make sacrifices.

I AM DONE TALKING

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by dankorode(m): 8:43am On May 05, 2021
iampeterben:
I serve a living God and I declare confusion in the camps of the bandits that will force our children to be released. We ain't negotiating for victory is sure.
amen!!!!!!
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by nsiba: 8:52am On May 05, 2021
Mccullum:

What of you that propagating for electing of leaders to be base on religion.

Because Buhari taught us
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by skydeexie(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2021
Spectaclesawe25:
A country without appropriate measures to curb crime will use its treasures and resources to settle the perpetrators.
To think we still don't quickly prosecute and execute murderers in this country and keep them in prison for years would only make crime to proliferate.
In Nigeria, their is no death sentence for any heinous crime, u keep prisoners in prison for a jail break one day.
Institute open /public execution in the host community for murderers, kidnappers, and illegal possession of firearms and watch crime reduce drastically. We need to be practical and decisive, otherwise we are in for anarchy.

Where is Vladimir Putin, Benjamin Netanyahu, Chuck Norris or Trump when you need them the most? Even the North Korean dictator would have made sure kidnapping becomes history in Nigeria.
As long as these depraved psychopaths are treated with kid gloves, so long will the enterprise continue. A particular religion has complicated this problem, that's why we found ourselves in this mess. Almighty God help Nigeria!
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Skoonheid(f): 8:57am On May 05, 2021
[quote author=iampeterben post=101391002]I . We ain't negotiating for victory is sure.

How I wish you could be switched with one of the Greenfield abducted kids, how I wish.
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by nsiba: 8:59am On May 05, 2021
Sirjamo:
When all of us (Including Buhari) are ready to fight insecurity, we would remove that useless and corrupt subsidies on PMS and electricity, reduce the cost of governance by 50% and use the money to recruit more security personnel; buy more equipment and send thousands for world class counter terrorism training abroad.

South Africa of 50m people with no active terror group spend $5b on security annually.

Nigeria of 200m people with many active terror groups spend $2b on security annually.

If government is deceiving me that it has the capacity and resources to secure this country, I cannot deceive myself. The policing system is practically non - existent due to poor funding, and it should be leading the fight against terror.

I know some pathetic wailers will see this as a defending Buhari, but, Boko haram as seen 3 presidents and 40 service chiefs, this is beyond incompetence, it's systemic incapacitation. We need to overhaul and completely re - energize the system and in doing so, both the government and the citizens must be ready to make sacrifices.

I AM DONE TALKING

You are done talking rubbish just like the rubbish Buhari, so you mean a rtd General, former Governor and Ex military head of state is so dumb that he doesn't know the IMPORTNCE of security
Instead you here writing rubbish telling us what is defense budget?
You and Buhari are highest MUMU, whalai!
Remove sir and use d prefix MUMU to be MUMUjamo

1 Like

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by slimprinze1(m): 9:01am On May 05, 2021
He's expecting his own share
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by kelechi84: 9:04am On May 05, 2021
I think the federal government is treating this man's relationship with bandits with kids glove. How can he come out to threaten the federal government and nothing is done? Did anyone appoint him a negotiator. From everything he said, it shows he knows where they are and that he's part of them and whenever ransome is paid, he gets a share. Dss should call him for interrogation because he has more to answer. If here is developed country, there's no way this man could be allowed to be vomiting all these senselessness and goes untouched. I weep for my beloved country because of the characters and clowns that creating cheap popularity in this irresponsive administration.
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by mouthofThegod: 9:07am On May 05, 2021
helinues:
The new bandits that Gumi just created are the one behind the kidnapping

If Gumi is not a terrorist himself, then he is one of their sympathizers
Jesu ! shocked
U now against Gumi cos he supported Atiku in the last campaign against Buhari but a renowned terrorist, Pantami is who you keep backing to remain in his ministerial post...Everything is all about APC to you.People will think you sounded reasonable because you are reasonable not knowing that you did that cos he wasn't with your party.
Once he declares for APC now,your narrative will change instantly....
Horrible APC political zombie!
Terrible Hypocrite
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by helinues: 9:08am On May 05, 2021
mouthofThegod:

Jesu ! shocked
U now against Gumi cos he supported Atiku in the last campaign against Buhari but a renowned terrorist, Pantami is who you keep backing to remain in his ministerial post...Everything is all about APC to you.People will think you sounded reasonable because you are reasonable not knowing that you did that cos he wasn't with your party.
Once he declares for APC now,your narrative will change instantly....
Horrible APC political zombie!
Terrible Hypocrite

Where do you people get your inspiration of lies from?
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by baseb: 9:13am On May 05, 2021
Sani Jalingo had an interview with the Hausa service of Voice of America.
In nigeria there's the 'almighty nigerian army', the DMI, the DSS, the offoce of NSA, the NIA, the IRT.
None of these offices seem to have any viable plan to end this 'unfortunate situation'
They are waiting for the government to tell them what to do.
And when victims demand that the government pay the kidnappers, we are told that the money would make them acquire more weapons.
So what's going to happen?
What if they are not bluffing and they kill them?
So the kidnappers should just kill the hostages so that we move on?
What if they were your children?
How did we get so low in thia country?

3 Likes

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by KingAlayinde(m): 9:16am On May 05, 2021
prof2007:

https://punchng.com/cbn-should-pay-n100m-greenfield-students-ransom-before-its-too-late-gumi/

they should takes this man to the asylum for God sakes , he doesn't deserve to live among humans..... he is praising criminals oloriburuku
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by tekute123: 9:42am On May 05, 2021
coming from the CEO..........
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Nobody: 9:52am On May 05, 2021
Authoreety:
Gumi the main terrorist himself..

And you guys think we have a president
. This guy has somthing to do with this Evil people for sure ! cool
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by chidubem20: 9:56am On May 05, 2021
Truth be told, the bandits shouldn't be paid. The problem is only going to get worse. But this govt is a real disaster.
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by 12345baba(m): 10:14am On May 05, 2021
They should go and print the money jare
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by ogwumgbe: 10:40am On May 05, 2021
prof2007:

https://punchng.com/cbn-should-pay-n100m-greenfield-students-ransom-before-its-too-late-gumi/

Where are the useless NA and DSS forming Rambo in the SouthEast? Oya see job for you, go and rescue the girls, if it's only to comb imo State communities arresting innocent ones you people that you idiots know how to do or to flex muscle s on civilians but simple challenge to prove your useless macho expertise you can't dare venture into. Cursed security useless agents of the zoo, idiots
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by TheGift: 11:03am On May 05, 2021
Sheik Gumi should show us the Quaranic verse that He is using to support this His evil encouraging statements.

Is it not obvious who the terrorists and terrorist sympathizers are in this country. Many Muslims, will not admit that people like Him are terrorists sympathizers because they have "Sheik" attached to their names. (Just like many Christians will defend any fool as long as they have "Pastor" attached to their name.) Religion that plays and dines with evil, is that one religion?

Sheik Gumi is one more reason why the country must restructure because any sane citizen can see His pronouncements reek of ignorance, incompetence at best and at worst, ill-motives, inequity and iniquity #SMH
prof2007:

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by gbishman: 11:25am On May 05, 2021
Who is this Gumi guy? he fails to realise that you set the wrong precedence u set the stage for abuse. What would now be the trend is that criminals would now be kipnalping sporadically and demanding the pay ransom.
I am suspecting Gumi is a beneficiary of this largess to profer the idiot idea
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by aljpimp(m): 11:27am On May 05, 2021
People quoting gumi out of context. In this situation what gumi suggests is a good strategy. Those children’s lives is equally important as everyone else’s. FG should act fast

1 Like

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Awaja(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2021
The essence of having a national assembly is fast eroding,in a sane clime buhari will be impeached and gumi jailed.

1 Like

Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by West2019(m): 11:44am On May 05, 2021
This man should be arrested
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:03pm On May 05, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

As usual, you ended up typing trash thinking you making sense.

You done talking trash..

Say no more!
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by Ayomivic(m): 12:16pm On May 05, 2021
prof2007:

if they paid them, they would still carry out another attack and demand for another ransom. We won the federal government not to pay them before this day but they refused. Federal Government and some governors in the north paid them ransoms with that they empower them more and they continue their attacks. Now this so call cleric still want us to be empowering bandits by paying them ransom.

Out Stand is that the Government should eliminate those bandits and secure the students and free those students. We don't want to know how they are going to do it. the land armies, Airforce , and all the forces involve should come out with plan to secure their release .

Give the assignment to the brave solders among them and let them carryout the assignment. We would be happy ,if the brave armies that can secure their release are been paid that money ,than to give that money to bandits to empower them.

The Government should know these.

1 They must avenge the lives of the he five students that already killed by bandits

2. If ransom is paid , the five students died for nothing

3. If ransom is paid the government should probably prepare for bigger attacks from the same bandits or some other group that wants to share from national Cake illegally.

4. If reason is paid the government is a loser once again

Enough Is enough.

.It is time for Government to behave like man not like woman
Re: Gumi: CBN Should Pay ₦100m Greenfield Students’ Ransom Before It’s Too Late by gaftsoil(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2021
Buhari is dead, believe it or yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Permanent-Secretaries Present Birthday Gifts To Bolanle Ambode / Atiku, Secondus, Others Storm Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.