Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers (6352 Views)

Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized / Kwara Assembly Urges Abdulrazaq To Revoke Saraki’s Property / Kwara Assembly Revokes Alimi Chalet Acquired By Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:09am On May 05, 2021
The Kwara State House of Assembly, on Tuesday, urged Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq to forward a bill to the House stipulating the death sentence penalty for kidnappers in the State.

The House also urged the state government to empower the state Security Task Force with more personnel and vehicles to sustain their operations, particularly in the Oke-Ero axis in Kwara South Senatorial district to curtail criminal activities.

These were part of the resolution of the House on a matter of public importance on the “Need to Curb Kidnapping Activities in the State,” presented by Hon. Abolarin Ganiyu Gabriel.

Abolarin said kidnapping in Nigeria had become the most violent crime targeted at individuals and schools.

He referred to the kidnap case which occurred recently along Obbo-Ile-Aiyegunle-Eruku-Isapa axis of Kwara South in the state on Saturday, May 1st, 2021, during which the Kogi state Commissioner for Pension Board Commission was shot dead and another person was abducted same day.

Abolarin appreciated the prompt response of governor Abdulrazaq for deployment of the Anti-Crime squad across the state.

In another resolution, the House commended the governor for his commitment and transparency in the conduct of government business as displayed in the recent recruitment exercise for teachers in the state Universal Basic Education Board, SUBEB, and the state Teaching Service Commission, TESCOM.
It further urged the state government to sustain the tempo in subsequent recruitment exercises into the State civil service.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/05/kwara-assembly-wants-death-penalty-for-kidnappers/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by PissfulProtester: 8:12am On May 05, 2021
I trust my state!

We don't tolerate or pamper rubbish!

For as long as there is no capital punishment for kidnappers, bandits, terrorists/unknown gunmen, the menace they bring will never cease.

Maybe this is what Lai Muhammed was trying to say yesterday. Let every state start with some heavy anti-madness bills. it's always easy to pass in the states..

All the nonsense rehabilitation of terrorists happening in other states only goes to show how much they appreciate them.Their eye go soon clear

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by JagabanDesign: 8:29am On May 05, 2021
One of the good way to follow

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by aylive02(m): 8:51am On May 05, 2021
What do they want for corrupt politicians?

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 8:51am On May 05, 2021
The one in lagos dem don dey effect am? Boss Evans wey dey even kidnap spirits them never still do anything.My people Hold weapon. Yes E don be like that O. No one has monopoly of madness. If na jackknife for leg hold am. E no need licence. Anybody wey wan hold you make E collect. Me wey still dey beg God person go come hold me say make them pay ransom. Omo you go collect. Chook your eye or your blokos. Before them know Wetin dey happen I don Japa. If I perish I perish.

They should please consider legalising guns. Make we dey hold English waka. You wey won kidnap when you see men wey arm to teeth you go recieve Jesus start to preach gospel

6 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Futurecrypto1: 8:51am On May 05, 2021
Not just death,but torturing to death,let them die a slow painfully death bcus if you know what people pass through at the hands of this demons,the trauma,fear,some of the victims may never recover
If you want to earn money online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour to earn. My friend withdrew 8k after two weeks.register now and start earning
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 8:51am On May 05, 2021
i thought that mumu said kidnapping isnt a crime
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Kingpele(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2021
Including corruption death penalty won't be bad for people that steal public funds,cos they wicked stealing increase the rate of poverty in the land which give rise to kidnapping ,Yahoo Yahoo and armrobbery ,so though I approve of their law ,I know that corrupt politicians gave birth spiritually to these lesser criminals. but we praise and defend this wicked folks who steal from the common wealth and condemn only the ones that steal from individuals ,the ones who stole from government funds steal from all of us and is worse than the ones who stole from individuals

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by sophxx: 8:53am On May 05, 2021
Good.
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Seniorwriter(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2021
Is this debatable?
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by smartty68(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2021
Must you debate it? Because these kidnappers are your boys so the bill is DOA.
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by oluwaseyi0: 8:53am On May 05, 2021
aylive02:
What do they want for corrupt politicians?

Kidnappers are worse

7 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by AleAirHub(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2021
Best way to go but how about corrupt politicians?
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Alejobs: 8:53am On May 05, 2021
angry
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Rickbronz(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2021
OK

Meanwhile get a quick and affordable loan with no collateral requirements. Check my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Dymaco(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2021
sit and watch how some people will fight against this law. Say no to repentant terrorist. Justice to people killed by terrorist.

I know that buhari government support boko haram. How can we have over 907 repentant boko haram yet the Nigeria army never know their hide out and their modus of operation. What made them repentant when they cannot reveal the secret involving their operations and their sponsors..

We now have bandits negotiators but yet we don't know how the location of this fools. What about their cell phones. Can't it be tracked? How do they communicate with the government or negotiators? The money paid, how do they receive it? In cash or transfer?

Till the southerners start asking questions, this northern will keep taking us as fools

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ChiefAfonja: 8:55am On May 05, 2021
Pass it to law na, and start exercising kidnappers and you will see the drastic reduction in kidnappings

Nigerians need strong hands
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ekaette1621: 8:55am On May 05, 2021
Death penalty for only Kidnappers. Foolish house of Assembly members. What about Boko Haram,Herdsmen and Bandits?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by yinchar(m): 8:58am On May 05, 2021
This is the best way forward.

There should always be a repercussion for every action, any country that doesn't have will slip into anarchy as what is been experienced currently in Nigeria.

Kidnapping, armed robbery, the killing of policemen should attract the instant death penalty.

The death penalty should also be carried out as quickly as possible PUBLICLY to serve as a deterrent to youngsters thinking of towing this bad path, like its done during the military era.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by highcadre: 8:58am On May 05, 2021
Making laws isn't the problem with Nigeria.
The main problem lies in the appropriate utilisation of those laws in prosecuting criminals.
Where are the security officers to effect arrest and prosecute sef?
90% will demand bribes and the case will be dead on arrival.
That's even if they are considered as criminals in the first place. Ask the bandit apologist himself, Gum with an i
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2021
For only kidnappers
Smh
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 9:11am On May 05, 2021
I hope it's granted.

Public execution would be much more appreciated
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nigeriadondie1: 9:15am On May 05, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

Kidnappers are worse
Corrupt politicians are much more worse and they are the ones that creates the environment for not just kidnapping but other crimes. They kill with the pen by embezzling monies meant for development of hospitals denying millions access to quality and affordable healthcare hence high mortality rate and part of the reason we have low life expectancy, schools to educate our kids to secure their future, good road networks which would reduce accidents and save lives, monies for welfare of all so that if unemployed u have unemployment benefits, kill our pensioners by owing them, not to talk of forcing our youths to risk their lives to cross the Mediterranean to Europe.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Nobody: 9:16am On May 05, 2021
The law to sentence kidnappers to death is already pass but bandits are exempted.
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by MoIbrahim: 9:18am On May 05, 2021
For the first time, one assembly thinking. Hope other start thinking too.
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by IMASTEX: 9:26am On May 05, 2021
Same should go for corruption
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by ECHICHE: 9:26am On May 05, 2021
Is not about wanting death penalty for kidnappers.

Even after state Assembly signs it into Law, how many Governor are willing to sign death warrant for execution of convicted kidnappers? The answer is none. The truth of the matter is that, Govt is not serious & sincere about ending insecurities in Nig.

Insecurity is an investment to politicians
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by BigBashiru: 9:30am On May 05, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/05/kwara-assembly-wants-death-penalty-for-kidnappers/

If there was only 6 - 12 states, Kwara will not even have any assembly. Kwara will probably be included in another state and the decision of that state will apply - there are 36 state assemblies in Nigeria - what a waste of time in getting anything done.
Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by fredwill1357(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2021
Long overdue, the death penalty should be given to armed robbers, kidnappers and terrorists in all the states in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Assembly Wants Death Penalty For Kidnappers by Afolabimills(m): 9:32am On May 05, 2021
Kwara is looking for buhari problem o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Sack Buhari / Adebayo Alao Akala: A Disgrace To Nigeria / Jonathan Lauds Pope For Voluntarily Relinquishing Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.