Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering (1194 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Demands N50m From Busola Dakolo, Files Counter-claim / Mbaka Blasts Ekweremadu: Says He's Suffering Political 'Quary Gada Quary Gada' / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by jamesid29(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2S-oWzk-Ns

Found this interesting counter on animal suffering..
Have a wonderful week all.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 5:59pm On May 05, 2021
jamesid29:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2S-oWzk-Ns

Found this interesting counter on animal suffering..
Have a wonderful week all.

Yeah this is why I don't like hyperbolic language. Once it can be shown that you are being hyperbolic it takes the bite out of your argument even when you are making valid points. I agree with Alex that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering simply by the sheer volume of animals (and insects) on the planet that undergo suffering every day but saying animal existence is defined by pain is an exaggeration in my estimation.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 8:57am On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah this is why I don't like hyperbolic language. Once it can be shown that you are being hyperbolic it takes the bite out of your argument even when you are making valid points. I agree with Alex that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering simply by the sheer volume of animals (and insects) on the planet that undergo suffering every day but saying animal existence is defined by pain is an exaggeration in my estimation.

Are you fulani, they share same sentiments about animals and humans.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 9:28am On May 06, 2021
Image123:

Are you fulani, they share same sentiments about animals and humans.

I am not fulani but you don't need to be fulani to realise the facts about animal suffering.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

I am not fulani but you don't need to be fulani to realise the facts about animal suffering.

You value animals above humans in the statement "animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering". Is this your position?
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2021
Image123:

You value animals above humans in the statement "animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering". Is this your position?

LordReed:

I agree with Alex that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering simply by the sheer volume of animals (and insects) on the planet that undergo suffering every day
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 12:03pm On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

Part of the pain, confusion and frustrations of suffering from a purposeless life. So to you, the "volume" of animals makes them of more worth and a bigger problem than human life. You obviously don't know the value of your soul.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2021
Image123:

Part of the pain, confusion and frustrations of suffering from a purposeless life. So to you, the "volume" of animals makes them of more worth and a bigger problem than human life. You obviously don't know the value of your soul.

Did you see me write anything about worth?
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 4:56pm On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

Did you see me write anything about worth?

To you, animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. The excuse is not tenable too.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 5:19pm On May 06, 2021
Image123:

To you, animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. The excuse is not tenable too.

LordReed:

animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering simply by the sheer volume of animals (and insects) on the planet that undergo suffering every day
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 5:37pm On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

You believe that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. Keep moving in circles with your goof until you find something reasonable. No excuse is tenable for a human to agree that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2021
Image123:

You believe that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. Keep moving in circles with your goof until you find something reasonable. No excuse is tenable for a human to agree that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. 

You are the one moving in circles since you seem unable to grasp the difference between volume and value.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

You are the one moving in circles since you seem unable to grasp the difference between volume and value.

The volume is the excuse from you for saying that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2021
Image123:

The volume is the excuse from you for saying that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. 

It's a fact and it presents a problem a benevolent god does not explain but I am sure you'll try to explain it, won't you.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 7:39pm On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

It's a fact and it presents a problem a benevolent god does not explain but I am sure you'll try to explain it, won't you.

There you go again. It's fact, yet you were moving in circles denying its "worth".
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2021
Image123:

There you go again. It's fact, yet you were moving in circles denying its "worth".

And here I was thinking you finally understood the difference between volume and value.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 7:56pm On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

And here I was thinking you finally understood the difference between volume and value.

Here i was thinking that you finally disagreed that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 8:19pm On May 06, 2021
Image123:

Here i was thinking that you finally disagreed that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. 

Why would I disagree with a position I have not changed my mind on? You on the other hand are finding it hard to distinguish between value and volume, do you need aid?

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 8:28pm On May 06, 2021
LordReed:

Why would I disagree with a position I have not changed my mind on? You on the other hand are finding it hard to distinguish between value and volume, do you need aid?

It's not hard to see you agree that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. At no point have i failed to be clear on this.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 8:54pm On May 06, 2021
Image123:

It's not hard to see you agree that animal suffering is an even bigger problem than human suffering. At no point have i failed to be clear on this.

Then why did you write:

Image123:

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 10:15am On May 07, 2021
LordReed:

Then why did you write:

Because i hoped that you finally saw the light.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 10:55am On May 07, 2021
Image123:

Because i hoped that you finally saw the light.

Well, are you gonna attempt explaining how the volume of animal suffering is compatible with your god concept?

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by CHIOMAEZEH: 11:53am On May 07, 2021
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 1:46pm On May 07, 2021
LordReed:

Well, are you gonna attempt explaining how the volume of animal suffering is compatible with your god concept?

Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Mat_16:26  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Like i have said before, your faulty perspective is going to continually give you problems. If the foundations are destroyed, it's a huge challenge. You continue to see things on/through the wrong prism.
Man is created in the image of God. For double emphasis sake, in the likeness of God. The whole tiny winy world is not worth the value of 1 man/human/soul. One human being is of more worth than all the animals and minerals in the world according to God's Word.
So when you talk of volume of suffering, the funny question is how many animals equal to one man in your estimate? Man is the apex and centre of God's creation on earth. The whole complex food chain was made for and revolves around him. Man is their central purpose. They keep the balance and cycle for man. It is now left to man not to abuse but to harness the privilege. The demise of 1000 cockroaches should not send you into confusions like thinking it a bigger problem than human suffering. They are not never dying souls. They could never be fulfilled otherwise.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On May 07, 2021
Image123:

Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Mat_16:26  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Like i have said before, your faulty perspective is going to continually give you problems. If the foundations are destroyed, it's a huge challenge. You continue to see things on/through the wrong prism.
Man is created in the image of God. For double emphasis sake, in the likeness of God. The whole tiny winy world is not worth the value of 1 man/human/soul. One human being is of more worth than all the animals and minerals in the world according to God's Word.
So when you talk of volume of suffering, the funny question is how many animals equal to one man in your estimate? Man is the apex and centre of God's creation on earth. The whole complex food chain was made for and revolves around him. Man is their central purpose. They keep the balance and cycle for man. It is now left to man not to abuse but to harness the privilege. The demise of 1000 cockroaches should not send you into confusions like thinking it a bigger problem than human suffering. They are not never dying souls. They could never be fulfilled otherwise.

So god doesn't care that those many animals suffer. Ok got it.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 3:38pm On May 07, 2021
LordReed:

So god doesn't care that those many animals suffer. Ok got it.

God doesn't equate them to humans, or talk about their suffering volume being greater than humans, got it? You forgot to answer, how many cockroaches or cows equals to one humans suffering in volume?
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 4:06pm On May 07, 2021
Image123:

God doesn't equate them to humans, or talk about their suffering volume being greater than humans, got it? You forgot to answer, how many cockroaches or cows equals to one humans suffering in volume?

So the god cares but set up the system in which they suffer and offers no reprieve because they are not humans. Ok got it.

Volume of suffering does not require an equivalence calculation. We are going simply by numbers.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 8:32pm On May 07, 2021
LordReed:

So the god cares but set up the system in which they suffer and offers no reprieve because they are not humans. Ok got it.

Volume of suffering does not require an equivalence calculation. We are going simply by numbers.

How much reprieve have you offered to a cockroach, holiest one?
In your submission, two lizards suffering is greater than one human suffering. i hope i'm correct with these simple numbers?
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 9:02pm On May 07, 2021
Image123:

How much reprieve have you offered to a cockroach, holiest one?
In your submission, two lizards suffering is greater than one human suffering. i hope i'm correct with these simple numbers?

Bwahahahaha! Once again your god concept is not better than a human. Nice to know. LMAO!

You know how to count right? 2 is bigger than 1? And the next after 2 is 3 and it's bigger than 2? LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahaha! Once again your god concept is not better than a human. Nice to know. LMAO!

You know how to count right? 2 is bigger than 1? And the next after 2 is 3 and it's bigger than 2? LMFAO!

Laugh in tears all you want, it ends in misery. Here's Reed who believes two lizards suffering is a greater problem than his child suffering. We'll keep praying for God to spare us from your kind of sickness and grant you normalcy.
You remain the atheist who defines god, but God doesn't fit into his warped imagination, therefore there's no God. Continue fooling around while there's time.
Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by LordReed(m): 10:03pm On May 07, 2021
Image123:

Laugh in tears all you want, it ends in misery. Here's Reed who believes two lizards suffering is a greater problem than his child suffering. We'll keep praying for God to spare us from your kind of sickness and grant you normalcy.
You remain the atheist who defines god, but God doesn't fit into his warped imagination, therefore there's no God. Continue fooling around while there's time.

Bwahahahahaha! Already getting agitated for your god concept. LMAO! This your powerful god you need defend and be angry on it's behalf. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Counter On Animal Suffering by Image123(m): 10:58pm On May 07, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Already getting agitated for your god concept. LMAO! This your powerful god you need defend and be angry on it's behalf. LMFAO!

Was this you or someone hacked your account? Keep fooling around oh, who's angry between the two of us? Why on earth should i be angry at one who is pitied?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring. / Israel Is One Of The Most LGBT Friendly Country In The World / 'A True General Of The Lord': Evangelist Jerry Savelle Dies At 77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.