Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND (866 Views)

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by Ayomide11111: 1:01pm On May 05, 2021
I will clock 30 this November. I finished my ND program in 2016 and after my program I could not get enough money to take care of myself very well let alone furthering my education. Because of this I decided to look for some petty jobs, however it was not an easy experience when I was going through this. After 2years of hardship in different factories and industries that I have work with, I got employed in 2018 in one of the department in Coca-Cola and the pay is 40,000, although I used my WASSCE to apply for the job because it is a kind of casual job.
Now, days are counting and I don't want to get too old before getting married. And this is what is giving me some confusion.

Should I try and plan myself with my salary and get married. Or
Should I continue my education. I love education too
I will clock 30 this November. I finished my ND program in 2016 and after my program I could not get enough money to take care of myself very well let alone furthering my education. Because of this I decided to look for some petty jobs, however it was not an easy experience when I was going through this. After 2years of hardship in different factories and industries that I have work with, I got employed in 2018 in one of the department in Coca-Cola and the pay is 40,000, although I used my WASSCE to apply for the job because it is a kind of casual job.
Now, days are counting and I don't want to get too old before getting married. And this is what is giving me some confusion.

Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by Bornsinner7: 1:02pm On May 05, 2021
Problem no dey finish..

I would have said complete your school so you can find a better job with your cert.. but then if you go school now, na only God know when you go graduate.. I think asup currently is on strike but we no dey even see am for news

If you marry now you don enter be that.. your sufferness just double..

So I go advice you to still double the hustle.. look for per time degree program or open university dey go while you still dey work dey get small money to dey manage yourself

4 Likes

Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by bigpicture001: 1:30pm On May 05, 2021
Guy, your job is a casual job with two years life span..... Don't get carried away ND get married
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 05, 2021
u wan use 40k stipend start family?

2yrs later on Nairaland: my wife is cheating on me,help

then I'll be like...

2 Likes

Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by ibechris(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2021
It's good to marry but not in this ur condition.

And if u are a man why the rush,why?

Marriage is not as easy as u think seriously,without money dont even attempt to say I do,except ur wife to be has an inheritance from her parent,if not just work towards completing ur HND and face life squarely.
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by AyarmBoye(m): 2:53pm On May 05, 2021
Bro abort mission ASAP....... enroll for HND part time and continue ur hustle.. Most HND jobs won’t pay you 100k except u have professional degree..... save up and have side hustles .... you can marry at age 35...... No rush !!!
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by Naijabad: 3:35pm On May 05, 2021
If I were you, I will go back to school and obtain an HND.

I obtained my HND at the age of 28, got married at the age of 36.
By that time I have balanced a little in life. Today, I have HND. Bsc. Msc, FCA, Acca-dip(IFR) and have just applied for Phd.

At the time of my wedding in 2011, my salary was N95k net per month, and today, I earn over a million (gross) per month.
I do not support late marriage but you cant maintain a home at that salary.

Like I said, improve yourself by getting more certifications. if you marry now, it will take the grace of God for you to
think of furthering your education.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by Ayomide11111: 3:42pm On May 05, 2021
Thank you sir... for this
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by WorldRichest: 5:11pm On May 05, 2021
Do HND on Part-Time basis. After HND, you may then think of marriage.
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by duduade: 5:21pm On May 05, 2021
Someone isnt balanced yet a bit and all he is bothered about is getting old and marriage... Kkpeekuusss knacking

Tufiakwa
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by WorldRichest: 6:04pm On May 05, 2021
duduade:
Someone isnt balanced yet a bit and all he is bothered about is getting old and marriage... Kkpeekuusss knacking

Tufiakwa

Characteristic of lazy youth. Someone that earns 40,000 Naira is thinking about marriage.

1 Like

Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by bigjackass: 6:57am On May 06, 2021
I'm not surprised since your name is Ayomide. Yoruba folks always obsessed with marriage and pussy even without being gainfully employed. You want to go and start a family with 40k casual job salary. By the time the kids start coming you will be all over nairaland begging for alms to take care of them. Be careful op undecided
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by frozen70(f): 10:31am On May 06, 2021
Ayomide11111:

If you have found the woman that you love, settle down with her and get married then plan within your budget

If you haven't gotten anyone for now, keep yourself busy with education

It's not how far but how well
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by Foodqueen(f): 11:09am On May 06, 2021
Further you education first.
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by faithfull18(f): 3:27pm On May 06, 2021
Naijabad:
If I were you, I will go back to school and obtain an HND.

I obtained my HND at the age of 28, got married at the age of 36.
By that time I have balanced a little in life. Today, I have HND. Bsc. Msc, FCA, Acca-dip(IFR) and have just applied for Phd.

At the time of my wedding in 2011, my salary was N95k net per month, and today, I earn over a million (gross) per month.
I do not support late marriage but you cant maintain a home at that salary.

Like I said, improve yourself by getting more certifications. if you marry now, it will take the grace of God for you to
think of furthering your education.

At second paragraph, what job do you do? Or better put, you work in the oil sector
Re: Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND by Naijabad: 5:29am On May 07, 2021
faithfull18:

At second paragraph, what job do you do? Or better put, you work in the oil sector

From my professional qualification, you should be able to know what I do. I m the financial controller of a manufacturing company.

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Might Be Forming Bad Habits Which Scare Off People. / A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband / 1.5HP LG Dual Inverter Air Condition For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.