Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Pls Help Before I Get Scammed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help Before I Get Scammed (576 Views)

Pls Seniors Help Before They Scam Me / Plss Help Before I Pay For This PC / Davido Begged Me, Before I Featured Him In ‘living Things’ Remix”- 9ice Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by lovelylad: 4:36pm On May 05, 2021
I met this guy online. We met at a certain place and seeing the pc, the screen looks like it was zoomed in and it also shows "window is not genuine" in the bottom right corner.
I'm thinking maybe the laptop is a copied one but he said lps are not like phones. He said he's been trying to download graphics for it (which I don't think there is anything like this).
The laptop is hp 625, selling it for #37k!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by Benjaniblinks(m): 4:45pm On May 05, 2021
lovelylad:
I met this guy online. We met at a certain place and seeing the pc, the screen looks like it was zoomed in and it also shows "window is not genuine" in the bottom right corner.
I'm thinking maybe the laptop is a copied one but he said lps are not like phones. He said he's been trying to download graphics for it (which I don't think there is anything like this).
Windows is not genuine means the "Installed" windows OS is not an original one not the Pc itself.

The odd zoom like-display of text is due to the installation of windows and the graphics driver not updated.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by Janesouthall: 4:46pm On May 05, 2021
lovelylad:

To my little understanding... The laptop was formatted... But the window used or put is not genuine... But you can still use it thou... It's a good laptop.. But u just need to re-format it using genuine windows... 3k tops
Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by falcon01: 4:54pm On May 05, 2021
He ain't lying, If it looks zoomed in you have to change the resolution to the highest allowed on the display and if didnt work you Install graphics drivers. Windows is not genuine krans the windows installed is not a genuine one, it's a pirated one!.
Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by udemzyudex(m): 7:15pm On May 05, 2021
[sub][/sub]
lovelylad:

Note that it is an AMD laptop, and for that generation of AMD I won't even advise you to buy it.

for the graphic, he is right, he need to drive the graphic and activate the windows but I won't advise you to buy an AMD laptop of that generation especially when it is a Nigerian use.
Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by lovelylad: 9:05pm On May 05, 2021
udemzyudex:
[sub][/sub]

Note that it is an AMD laptop, and for that generation of AMD I won't even advise you to buy it.

for the graphic, he is right, he need to drive the graphic and activate the windows but I won't advise you to buy an AMD laptop of that generation especially when it is a Nigerian use.
pls enlighten me on AMD laptops

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by lovelylad: 9:12pm On May 05, 2021
falcon01:
He ain't lying, If it looks zoomed in you have to change the resolution to the highest allowed on the display and if didnt work you Install graphics drivers. Windows is not genuine krans the windows installed is not a genuine one, it's a pirated one!.
thanks bro.. Really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by lovelylad: 9:14pm On May 05, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

Windows is not genuine means the "Installed" windows OS is not an original one not the Pc itself.

The odd zoom like-display of text is due to the installation of windows and the graphics driver not updated.
OK thanks.. So it's not a big deal

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Before I Get Scammed by Benjaniblinks(m): 9:28pm On May 05, 2021
lovelylad:
OK thanks.. So it's not a big deal
Not at all

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Thinkpad T440 And T440s Series / UK Used HP 625 For 35k SOLD!!! / Used HP Elitebook Core I7 Vpro, 8GB Ram, 500GB Storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.