Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,749 members, 7,802,292 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. (50943 Views)

Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? / Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? / "I Was Turned On By Breastfeeding, Am I A Freak?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by abeniagbon(m): 9:04pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

Secondly, this post is 100% real about my life. So nothing is fake in it.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.

You're a Good writer.... Nope you're ain't fail yet just start up an akara and yam business forget education or certificate for now... Na money sure pass... With that you can start up something... Forget looking for work cos at that age experience have something to do and I don't know if you can drive.... If you know how to drive you will get work with apt want of 40k to 50k maybe fmcg work

Na money sure pass sha as for me I can do anything for money that is for work to do not stealing
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by awulio(f): 9:05pm On May 05, 2021
You not a failure. You did something amazing with your life. Many would hv given up or lived a life of crime but u chose to keep pushing. Once you get your certificate look for a teaching job immediately then while working search for a better job.
In the next 2 to 3 years I’m sure u will hv your own flat and car. Stay focused don’t look at what others are doing. Your classmates didn’t go through what u went through so don’t compare yourself with them. All things will work out for your good

WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by ThothHermes: 9:05pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

Go to YouTube. Type Joshua Selman. You will thank me forever.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Babalom70(m): 9:07pm On May 05, 2021
I don't know what's wrong with African mentality. There are no failures in life there are only results. If you dont like the result you're getting in life then change it.

Bro stop thinking like that . Think like a success . Your thinking has lot to do with your success in life .

Even am close to 37 , I still want to go back to school to start another career .

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by All4good: 9:08pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31.

Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now,

I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

First of, if you wrote this without Grammarly software then you are Marvelous and you have just restored my faith for the Nigerian Youths.

At the bolded (according to you), so it is your mates that probably took the short-cut to wealth that you are "ashamed" of. Go close and see if they are really proud of themselves or just living a-make-belief life.

Where in Naija are you located. I mean if you were passing through all these in the UK or USA, you won't be thinking all hope is gone. Afterall Colonel Sanders ( the owner of KFC) was still selling chickens door to door at age 60 and you are just 33.

Single Graduate, that can vomit English like this (except them help you write this post shocked ), then Sisters and Aunties no they take turn for your kitchen and the Orza room? Why? Where you dey throw your hook hmmm.. grin
When I was in this your present stage (husband material) the table turned, it was now the sisters using their money to buy me launch, so I am asking, who is your Mentor cool

Your self esteem ( like most Nigerians, young and old) is battered and needs to be revamped. Then you can move on conquering like the Lion you have proven to be.

Trust me it doesn't take God one year to change your financial status and you acquire all those things you mentioned as measures of SUCCESS.

Keep your Bible close, read it in and out of season ( trouble). Let Elohim guide you, and you will never fail. God's people may face tough times like Job but they bounce back better because God can NOT fail.

Some Immediate Tips: (To be Achieved within 6 months)
I) Why you never marry? DON'T tell me money because MONEY really doesn't matter when singing marriage to women but you have to be certain she is gainfully employed (even if she get her own tailoring outfit or a Nurse, that's COOL). You have to SHINE your Eyes, Love from head before your heart. CALL me for details before we cast the parol. LOL
ii) Can you drive, getting into commercial transport is easy (driving for someone, even on hire purchase); which reminds me, those your "mates" you are envying their cars might just be Taxi drivers. Guy use your head, no let those you better pass flog you.
iii) You need to get yourself an international passport, learn German language while you are fixing your self a wife and an odd job that won't break your back.

For other details and guidance, Call me

5 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by CDCEO001: 9:10pm On May 05, 2021
Sorry and don't see yourself as a failure. There are a lot of people that you are better than. If everybody starts to write their life struggles here you will no you are not a failure. Is only you that can say if you are a failure.
Take it easy on yourself bro, keep trying e go better.
You can try other online stuff as a side hustling, like making and posting videos of what you love doing on YouTube, Learn bit coin trading online. You can learn web design/development online or offline.
You can visit computer shops in your area and see if they can let you work and learn the business. So that when money comes you can open your own shop. You can start small with software installation and system formatting. Or hardware repair if you learn to do it.
It depends on the kind of things you like to do, is good to do what you are passionate about.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by maiquel: 9:16pm On May 05, 2021
You have defeatist mentality. Nothing can save you until you start thinking positively about yourself.
You are educated Bro, that good enough, you place too much relevance on your certificate, but that's not education, it's just a piece of evidence that you went through the contemporary system of education. The real education is in your mind.
Time and money is the same thing Bro, you don't have money but you have time, use time to increase value. People want value, when you have value then exchange your value for money.
Thats the best I can say for now...

I started a blog recently, it's for people like us... people looking for a path into greatness but who currently do no know their left from right... If you have time, check it out... Broke-Billionaires(dot)(dot)com... replace (dot) with (.) Without the bracket. See you soon.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:18pm On May 05, 2021
Relying on Man's opinion will only make you depressed. Life is in stages, believe in God and work hard, pray hard and be grateful for small mercies too, and don't be satisfied with where you are now. You will get there, it's a matter of time. Your time will come
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by catice(m): 9:19pm On May 05, 2021
I can relate. I feel the need to help you.
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by gabicon: 9:23pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

The world has moved on from the way you think, firstly the education system we operate in presently was created as a result of the industrial revolution, they needed to mass produce goods and services at the time, so they mass produced talent to achieve that. In today's world creativity is the biggest skill in demand, and it can't be mass produced. The question that you should be asking yourself is how well have I positioned myself to solve other people's problems? Do you have the prerequisite skills, work ethics, relationships, partnership etc. The day we can tag an individual a success or failure is the day they die, until death we all have the opportunity to make adjustments and changes to achieve success. Secondly success can be categorised by endeavour, fore instance you have achieved success in completing a degree program, now you are searching for success in a career.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by sixtus3606(m): 9:26pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

Bros. Nothing do you.

Let's talk. Kindly send a mail. I believe you've got some potentials.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Speterz: 9:28pm On May 05, 2021
You are doing well.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Casalindal(f): 9:30pm On May 05, 2021
Read comments here and all I would say is, people are really mean with words. In as much you think you are keeping it real with the op. Be kind with word!! None of us here know exactly how things are with him or how he cope everyday.

In a world where you can be anything. Please pick kindness. We have all forgotten how to be kind!!!

Op I wish to help you get connected to a job offer. Are you based in Abuja? Please write me if you see this

4 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by tolajay: 9:31pm On May 05, 2021
Interesting insight.

Exactly what I was going to tell him.

Babalom70:
I don't know what's wrong with African mentality. There are no failures in life there are only results. If you dont like the result you're getting in life then change it.

Bro stop thinking like that . Think like a success . Your thinking has lot to do with your success in life .

Even am close to 37 , I still want to go back to school to start another career .
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Sbsrules: 9:34pm On May 05, 2021
First find the purpose of God in your life and follow that purpose of God in your life . No man follow God's purpose and becomes a failure. Never it can never happen.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Jagunlabiodua: 9:45pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

You are not a success yet and not a failure. Age 33 means you need to up your “A” Game, set new targets, Life is hard, tough up buddy forget given up. Listen to 50 cent Get Rick or die trying Album, Gangster up and look for money, be smart making money can never be easy that’s why only a few you see make it including Graduates. Look at it this way the certificate you have is not for making money but for educational knowledge. Use that knowledge your 16yrs of Education gave you and you will be alright.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by NdiIgbo2023: 9:48pm On May 05, 2021
You are not a failure for me, I graduated since am 24, am 30 now but there is no job yet. Am not giving up... So you too.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by koolaid87: 10:05pm On May 05, 2021
You are not a failure.

You are a resilient warrior.

Against all odds, you made it out of uni. Be happy and proud of yourself cos even people from rich backgrounds fail and drop out.

Now you have won the first round, the second is finding a job.

You shall win this too cos you're a strong Man

Dont forget to pray to your maker when things get too difficuilt

Peace

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by ictmikky(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2021
You're not a failure... Remain positive. As long as there's life, there's hope. You'll find your footing for sure
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by micflo28(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2021
I understand how you feel. We all have been there. This is the time to find a girl that will stand with you regardless of your status. Drop pride and get your hands dirty. Learn a skill. Phone repairs, laptop repairs etc. Meet with people that will teach you important stuffs. Hang out. Have fun. Be happy. Shelve problems. Just enjoy everyday while it lasts

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Obipaul77(m): 10:20pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

The question is " do you believe in yourself"?. Looking at your age , hope isn't lost . With prayers and your natural ability, you can still make it,
I'm telling you ,nawaoooooo!!!.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by sulaak(m): 10:25pm On May 05, 2021
It's obvious that you are suffering from an early stage of depression. The most important attribute right now is your mental well-being.

You are relatively still very young in good health and a university graduate. Focus on your positive attributes and continue looking for the right opportunity, highlight your maturity as a positive skill and invest in new soft skills (positive thinking, communication, public speaking) and new hard skills ( software programming, technology, a new language -Chinese, French)
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Afripriest(m): 10:52pm On May 05, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Without reading I label you a failure !!! For the fact you need the validation of total strangers says it all

You are weak and mentally immature totally unfit for any leadership position

You're the immature one. You're just a bitter person. There's nothing wrong in sharing your story.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by waploger(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2021
Mtchewwww... Dede at least you graduated and you're multi talented, what of me, that dropped out, Did odd jobs and currently learning a handiwork but still not able to buy cloth for my self or take care of my younger ones?
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

If you have to ask, then you probably know the answer already.

From the post this is my assessment of you, maybe you might be able acertain wether you're a failure or not.

- you a goal getter.
You set a goal for yourself and you went ahead to achieving it, no matter how LONG it took you, you believe in higher education then you set out to achieving it. If you think everybody in life is like this then you're greatly mistaken.

- you're an achiever.
This one is very obvious, you've achieved something that you wanted with your life this is good.

- you are surprisingly conscious.
You took your time to talk about yourself, what suits you and what is not for you. You didn't need to put it there but your did, which means that self awareness is important to you.

This is my advice, instead of asking wether or not you're a failure, why not set a new goal? Chase after something else that youve always wanted.
This self doubt is setting in because currently you have no goals.
Believe me if you had a goal that you're passionate about currently you should have stated it in the writeup, but you didn't considering that you're a self aware person.

You need a new goal, without a goal and a purpose to work, wake up and live you would be bored with life and prone to negativity.

If you derive pleasure from achieving set goals, you'll make a good entrepreneur, because it's a mixture of everything that you love. goals, challenges, opportunities and disappointment.

YOU'RE NOT A FAILURE, WHAT YOU'RE IS BORED WITH LIFE BECAUSE YOU HAVE ACHIEVED YOUR LONG TIME GOAL, SO INSTEAD OF LOOKING FORWARD YOU'RE LOOKING BACKWARDS, LOOKING AT OTHER PEOPLE. WHEN YOU'RE EYES IS SET INFRONT OF YOU, YOU DONT HAVE THE TIME TO LOOK AT THE SIDE NOR BEHIND.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Dueprince: 11:10pm On May 05, 2021
started serving my boss at 25y yet to serve for 7y calculate it . do you think am a failure.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 05, 2021
And also, the state that you're in right now is perfectly normal, it's normal after achieving a long time goal.

For some people, it's a state of relaxation, lax then followed by boredom.

For some it's relief, others evaluation and comparison, some depression.

It's a mental state that occurs when you no longer need to be in the zone or focus, relax whatever state you're in, THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by andrew988(m): 11:11pm On May 05, 2021
I feel your pains. The only person you need as your best friend is Jesus. You just need to believe that he sees and know your pains. Pls be close to him and tell him your problems.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by 4ormidable(m): 11:23pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

YOU FAILING TO REALIZE EARLIER THAT "LIFE ITSELF IS AN UNRELIABLE NARRATOR" DOESN'T MAKE YOU A FAILURE BRO.

BTW, "who hasn't failed hasn't tasted success".

Turn to God, believe and trust in HIM, praise HIM always, for HE will surely make a way for you.

REJOICE BRO, FOR GOD IS GOOD AND HIS MERCIES ENDURES FOREVER!
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by toye440: 11:26pm On May 05, 2021
Talent is never enough, know this and know peace. You can be talented and have no platform. No matter how talented you are you still need people.
You need to read this book " eat that frog" by Bryan Tracy.
You can thank me later.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 05, 2021
No, you aren't.

Just don't relent & be prayerful. All is gonna be well someday.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by mrkings84(m): 11:43pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

Be thankful for life.
Many people die everyday not because they were unemployed, or illitrates, or poor, or careless etc but just because God didn't count them worthy of his Mercies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Little Boy Attends To His Kid Sister While Their Mother Writes A Test (Video) / Man Catches His Wife Cheating With Another Man In Their Bedroom - Video / How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.