Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? (24056 Views)

Windscribe VPN Mocks Nigerians And Buhari After Twitter Ban Was Lifted (Photos) / What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by NuclearReactor: 6:43pm On May 05, 2021
So I always wanted to get a new SIM after one of my two Airtel SIM got broken since that was the line that gave me better data deals
Despite Hearing that the ban on SIM sales has been lifted I'm yet to see any SIM vendor around my area, I tried contacting both MTN and Airtel on Twitter and they both replied that one can only get a new SIM in "Select outlets".

None of those outlets are close to my location though... The thing just weak me.
Please has anyone been able to get a new SIM since the ban was lifted and what location did you get it
Please help a brother

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:58pm On May 05, 2021
Yap mehn

In Akwakuna in imo state

8 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by kindlyheart: 6:36am On May 06, 2021
yes. pre-registered sim for 1k.
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by flexd99(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2021
No,
Still have a SIM pending registration

BTW,
We're your best vendor for your UK used laptops
Cheap, Neat, Durable and with Warranty
Contact in signature

7 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Legalcriminal: 9:16am On May 06, 2021
kindlyheart:

Which location?

And does anyone knows the requirement to get a welcome pack sim
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Nobody: 9:16am On May 06, 2021
kindlyheart:
is that not illegal

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by DonMarkuzi(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2021
kindlyheart:

Location?
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by oko4lucky(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2021
I blame Desmond Eliot

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Lifeisgoody: 9:16am On May 06, 2021
Let's ask Patanmi

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Seniorwriter(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2021
Sure
People are buying new Sims and also doing retrieval!

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Successmind(m): 9:17am On May 06, 2021

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Bigdik70inch2(m): 9:17am On May 06, 2021
Even mesef..........being wan buy Airtel sim tey try.........
Mtn is just too slow here for ''bombing IG''

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 9:17am On May 06, 2021
I don't know. Even I need a new SIM
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:17am On May 06, 2021
The Nigerian federal government intends to verify if all
Mobile Network Operators have followed the required standards for SIM registration and the issuing and sales of new SIM cards will be temporarily suspended until the exercise is complete.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by rawtouch: 9:18am On May 06, 2021
angry
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by rookidmart: 9:18am On May 06, 2021
The Swift outlet I visited said they haven't been given the go-ahead to sell new SIM cards.
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by charleff512(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2021
Yes,Airtel for 1K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Authoreety: 9:18am On May 06, 2021
�����
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:18am On May 06, 2021
kindlyheart:
Do you know that is against these of the nation because Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Internet Services (ISPs) have stopped selling or activating SIMs following an order by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
The telecom regulator states that it wants to begin a fresh audit of the SIM registration exercise of September 2019 on the direction of the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy.
The ICT minister also enjoins all subscribers to get their National Identity Numbers (NIN) and submit to the network operators as directed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Brexxit(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2021
Yes I bought yesterday.
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 9:19am On May 06, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by WOBlog: 9:19am On May 06, 2021
Yeah
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by styless(f): 9:19am On May 06, 2021
Hmm. Wasn't aware of the ban sef.

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by adesegun121(m): 9:19am On May 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by POREX(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2021
Not yet
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2021
Yes .. sorry No .....I mean Yes, or wait a minute let me ask Desmond Eliot!
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Ademola47(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2021
Yes, my friend bought last week.

All you need is to go with your NIN and like #500
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by HalpyBee(f): 9:21am On May 06, 2021
No
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by BruncleZuma: 9:21am On May 06, 2021
grin
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by Rickbronz(m): 9:21am On May 06, 2021
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? by slyydave(m): 9:21am On May 06, 2021
Legalcriminal:

Which location?

And does anyone knows the requirement to get a welcome pack sim
pls am in this category too..any informations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK Residents Can Buy MTN Recharge Cards & Send to Nigeria / Keke Operator Finds & Returns Airtime Worth Of N80,000 In Owerri , Gets Rewarded / Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.