Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo (44600 Views)

Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch / Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill / Falana: Kidnapped Nigerians Who Paid Ransom Can Demand Refund From FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 05, 2021
Toosure70:
To tell you OBJ not surport any party

Really?
But he is a P D P right? So what do you mean?
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Cnach: 8:29pm On May 05, 2021
qualityovenbake:
Don't let them fool you with the slogan "we don't negotiate with terrorists"
U still need beat
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Funflipper: 8:33pm On May 05, 2021
qualityovenbake:
All government pay ransom money to kidnappers, including the United States but they would never admit it publicly.

Count the united States out.
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by ceragon123: 8:34pm On May 05, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Yoruba people, you can never determine their fate. If Obasanjo can call Jonathan that he paid ransom he should know his own was not like this government.

Determine this Man fate abeg? Obasanjo where you stand ?

My Views on tracking bandist.
Tell me the use of NIN if it's can't track bandist calls/Numbers?
How would Pantami improve our system? If he can't do something to such level then he is of no relevance forget his terrorist view.

In nigeria we often lose our energy to frivolous things.
In my opinion, if Our cyber and communication system can be upgraded to a level where calls can be traced, I think that will reduce bandistry and other sociatal vices. .... My thought thou, any enlightenment is welcome.

I agree with you. Let me throw some light in this regards.

Tracking and tracing calls in real time involves a lot of protocols and sophistication. It involves reviewing the T&Cs with Telcos and spectrum provision, submitting to conditions of satellites owners and releasing sovereignty waivers for info galvanization and sharing.

It is possible for us to know the location of kidnappers when they come online as long as they are using bts and microwave hubing telephony from a tower nearby but the people dragging us backward will not agree. It takes nothing to use and flag keywords and pick interest on calls from odd places, time and frequency of network availability or special peculiarity but the country's security and Infotech apparatus are so dumb and lazy to explore these grey areas that are needed.

It is easy to solve our problems but some people are bent on making sure we don't solve the puzzle. Until meritocracy is enthroned, we have a VERY LONG WAY to go.
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Kreme(m): 8:37pm On May 05, 2021
captainspear:
It is demonic for people like obasanjo to keep talking like they mean well for Nigeria, who lite the fuse for the shit storm that is now national security?

Were ni baba to bi e lomo
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by christistruth01: 8:39pm On May 05, 2021
qualityovenbake:
All government pay ransom money to kidnappers, including the United States but they would never admit it publicly.

Some Western Governments allow Companies to pay Ransome on their behalf in return for very very favourable Tax rebates and benefits
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Yeahmehn: 8:42pm On May 05, 2021
I don't think obj could have done this without our national security adviser gumi
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by StPete: 8:43pm On May 05, 2021
It takes a satan-inspired level of shamelessness to still defend Buhari. You must be simply evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by jaxxy(m): 8:45pm On May 05, 2021
qualityovenbake:

On US soil?? NEVER!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by aycorporat(m): 8:48pm On May 05, 2021
post=101413376:
Look at this shameless Baba still having mouth to talk.
The man that brought Boko Haram to Nigeria.
The same man that Boko Haram started through his tenure before they became anaconda in the tenure of Jona.
In Saner climes all these evil past leaders will be behind bars or in hauge.
They looted all the billions of dollars meant to procure arms to flush out this boko boys in their infancy.
These are the monster that this man brewed.
Evil shameless people being supported by online criminals suffering collective amnesia.
Bunch of hypocrites.

Chelsea time beckons jare......
Bro can you just hear yourself?
How did Boko Haram start under him? It started during Yaradua's tenure and he dealt with them before it festered.
It only grew worse during Jonathan's regime when your party then played politics with it and here we are today.

I wish you divest yourself of biasness at times and reason like a smart dude.
Keeping quiet sometimes wouldn't make your so called trolls to lump you in the company of fools.

In discussions like this, quietly roast your suya and ignore contributing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by sulaak(m): 8:50pm On May 05, 2021
qualityovenbake:

But the USA also have the stick to deal with it.

The USA will never pay a ransom on their home soil, just as they will never negotiate with terrorist in their home country. Dealing with foreign terrorist in a foreign country is a separate kettle of fish.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by annisy(f): 8:52pm On May 05, 2021
United States will never pay ransom to anyone on home soil...thatz the difference

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by officialmario(m): 8:57pm On May 05, 2021
Worst president so far..God punish buhari and his so called terrorist.
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:59pm On May 05, 2021
Western nations like USA will do anything except to pay ransom for their citizens. they will rather decimate the group if rescue ops cant take there citizens out..
that is after all things are considered and taken into considerations.. where the President had no option. it happens outside the USA territory only.
What is the work of USA special forces then..
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 05, 2021
ceragon123:

I agree with you. Let me throw some light in this regards.

Tracking and tracing calls in real time involves a lot of protocols and sophistication. It involves reviewing the T&Cs with Telcos and spectrum provision, submitting to conditions of satellites owners and releasing sovereignty waivers for info galvanization and sharing.

It is possible for us to know the location of kidnappers when they come online as long as they are using bts and microwave hubing telephony from a tower nearby but the people dragging us backward will not agree. It takes nothing to use and flag keywords and pick interest on calls from odd places, time and frequency of network availability or special peculiarity but the country's security and Infotech apparatus are so dumb and lazy to explore these grey areas that are needed.

It is easy to solve our problems but some people are bent on making sure we don't solve the puzzle. Until meritocracy is enthroned, we have a VERY LONG WAY to go.

My Sentiment also.
Thanks for the light.

Those money that are being paid to bandist can upgrade our communication system to that level. But @bolded, we are yet to see that light at the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Lostchild(m): 9:31pm On May 05, 2021
Owain:
Which kind font I dey see like dis for nairaland na??
Abi na my kpalasa phone

Even me self dey wonder about the recent font change. At first I thought it was my phone that made the font changes.

I think the name of this font is Tahoma
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Lostchild(m): 9:35pm On May 05, 2021
I be think say them tell us say NIN will help the govt to track kidnappers?

How the government take they pay the money self?

Buhari and boko haram they play Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by juman(m): 9:50pm On May 05, 2021
Obasanjo is a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by loswhite(m): 10:07pm On May 05, 2021
qualityovenbake:
All Government sponsor terrorism you mean? So what is happening in zamfara and Kaduna does it make sense? We should just continue to finance terrorism
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by loswhite(m): 10:08pm On May 05, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Yoruba people, you can never determine their fate. If Obasanjo can call Jonathan that he paid ransom he should know his own was not like this government.

Determine this Man fate abeg? Obasanjo where you stand ?

My Views on tracking bandist.
Tell me the use of NIN if it's can't track bandist calls/Numbers?
How would Pantami improve our system? If he can't do something to such level then he is of no relevance forget his terrorist view.

In nigeria we often lose our energy to frivolous things.
In my opinion, if Our cyber and communication system can be upgraded to a level where calls can be traced, I think that will reduce bandistry and other sociatal vices. .... My thought thou, any enlightenment is welcome.
How can you reduce a multi million naira state sponsored business?
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:24pm On May 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
All this nonsense wouldn’t take place under Obasanjo.

The problem with him is that he wouldn’t mind raising down a whole village/town if he perceived it being a hideout for terrorists and bandits.

Yeah, exactly as he used to do, reckless but effective
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by IlesanmiN(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2021
It is well. God is the only solution to our problems in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 05, 2021
This picture eeehhhn ? grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by mright05(m): 11:07pm On May 05, 2021
blinking001:
When people grow old they begin to reason like children . I'm sure Former President ObasanJo isn't in his right senses. We all know that President Buhari isn't capable of Negotiating with terrorists. This is defamation of character, I think Obasanjo should be sued for character assassination. Enough is enough

Oga you go sued am for us ...
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:06am On May 06, 2021
What do you expect when you have bandit as a president, dey are helping him saving the cash. Fulani are bandits, & Buhari is a Fulani.
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by HRMK: 3:31am On May 06, 2021
qualityovenbake:
GOVT OF OBJ DIDNT BUT HE INTRODUCED #GHANAMUSTGOBAG!BUT WETIN DEM DEY USE THE BAG FOR
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by HRMK: 3:42am On May 06, 2021
ransom na bribe to kidnappers!#ghanamustgobag na bribe to #nass!all na public fund una don waste!bribe na bribe!ur all guilty of same offence!!
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by HRMK: 4:18am On May 06, 2021
Cnach:
U still need beat
elrufai is no more negotiating with them!
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by tyo76(m): 5:31am On May 06, 2021
Hez143:
na Desmond Elliot cause am
please, what is the problem between you and Desmond
Re: Buhari Paid Ransom To Kidnappers - Obasanjo by generalwo(m): 5:34am On May 06, 2021
qualityovenbake:
..... How much did the United States pay when their citizen was kidnapped in Niger state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ's Arrival To Eko Hotel Had Many Car Tyres Deflated (Read Complains) / Throwback Photo Of Philip Shuaibu / Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.