Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread (24220 Views)

Download Game Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon 2022 / Warrior Discussion Thread (beware Of Spoilers) / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
crackhaus:

Putting everything in consideration, this would have been the wise/preferred decision... At least to guarantee peace.

Picking Alicent Hightower (his daughter's best friend) as a wife was/is actually the start of the crisis that's about to commence on this series. cheesy

Totally bad play on the King's part.

No peace here please angry

You're right about the path of least resistance. Let's blame the king's grandfather and all the Lords who voted for Viserys to be made king at the expense of his much older female cousin.

Once again, no peace allowed.

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by crackhaus: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
aieromon:

No peace here please angry

You're right about the path of least resistance. Let's blame the king's grandfather and all the Lords who voted for Viserys to be made king at the expense of his much older female cousin.

Once again, no peace allowed.

Vawulence is what I myself came to witness on this show anyways... I'm with you cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by HomoSapiien: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
chukwugoziegi:

V.T dey give SIMP vibes abi na just me dey think am?

He no get that King Charisma for body.

That was why Daemon said he’s weak in Episode one. He’s obviously very weak.

5 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by drmuchin: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
crackhaus:

Vawulence is what I myself came to witness on this show anyways... I'm with you cheesy

Enough Dracarys
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
crackhaus:

Putting everything in consideration, this would have been the wise/preferred decision... At least to guarantee peace.

Picking Alicent Hightower (his daughter's best friend) as a wife was/is actually the start of the crisis that's about to commence on this series. cheesy

Totally bad play on the King's part.

First of all VT is a man of free will.
He already knows he can’t win with his daughter or with Daemon. Both are major threats to his throne.

If Allison is his daughter’s best friend nko? undecided
That 12 year old is totally out of the question.
VT has related with Allison for a while and had come to feel comfortable in her company. Allison is more woman than the “child-bride”.

Most importantly, VT knows his daughter will catch H-ell as heiress. Without a son, his legacy is in jeopardy.

Yup! Too bad. But he made the WISEST DECISION.

Rhaenyra may be a tomboy, but she is still FEMALE. No female can survive that Targaryen male chauvinist madness o. Ask Daenerys Targaryen(Mama DROGO). John Snow took her out when she became too hot too handle(bed mates or not).

The Targaryens at very good at 2 things.

1. Inbreeding.
2. Eliminating themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
HomoSapiien:

That was why Daemon said he’s weak in Episode one. He’s obviously very weak.

Also in Episode 2
"Being king was never my brother's strongest trait" - Daemon to Lord Corlys Velaryon.

KanwuliaExtra:

Rhaenyra may be a tomboy, but she is still FEMALE.

The Targaryens at very good at 2 thing.

1. Inbreeding.

Something in Targaryen inbreeding seems to have made the guys virtually useless while the ladies have balls of steel. grin

3 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
aieromon:

Also in Episode 2
"Being king was never my brother's strongest trait" - Daemon to Lord Corlys Velaryon.

Something in Targaryen inbreeding seems to have made the guys virtually useless while the ladies have balls of steel. grin

Except the MAD KING, poisoned by Jamie Lannister. grin

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Except the MAD KING, poisoned by Jamie Lannister. grin

Uhm, this is the head admin of the useless Targaryen kings. He actually died by the sword after giving an order for King's Landing to be burnt down with wildfire.

King Aerys was betrayed by his former friend and Hand Tywin Lannister, who led an army under the false pretense of defending the capital at King's Landing. When Aerys opened the gates under Grand Maester Pycelle's counsel, Tywin proceeded to brutally sack the city. Aerys ordered Jaime to bring him Tywin's head, before ordering his pyromancer, Rossart, to initiate the wildfire plot. In response, Jaime killed Rossart, before stabbing Aerys in the back, who tried to flee, and then cutting his throat, ending his reign and thwarting his insane plot.

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by crackhaus: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

First of all VT is a man of free will.
He already knows he can’t win with his daughter or with Daemon. Both are major threats to his throne.

If Allison is his daughter’s best friend nko? undecided
That 12 year old is totally out of the question.
VT has related with Allison for a while and had come to feel comfortable in her company. Allison is more woman than the “child-bride”.

Most importantly, VT knows his daughter will catch H-ell as heiress. Without a son, his legacy is in jeopardy.

Yup! Too bad. But he made the WISEST DECISION.

Rhaenyra may be a tomboy, but she is still FEMALE. No female can survive that Targaryen male chauvinist madness o. Ask Daenerys Targaryen(Mama DROGO). John Snow took her out when she became too hot too handle(bed mates or not).

The Targaryens at very good at 2 thing.

1. Inbreeding.
Wo, we go soon see the result of this his WISE DECISION... cheesy

He obviously learnt absolutely nothing from the old king Jahaerys whose WISDOM is the only reason he (VT) became king in the first place.

7 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
crackhaus:

Wo, we go soon see the result of this his WISE DECISION... cheesy

He obviously learnt absolutely nothing from the old king Jahaerys whose WISDOM is the only reason he (VT) became king in the first place.

You are right.
King “J” chose him not the Rhaenys-the oldest female relative. He decides to choose Rhaenyra over Daemon(too volatile as heir. Can’t blame him there. I would not choose him either. Too much like choosing Wike for VP grin) His only choice was his daughter(the son he never had- a wiser, more stable personality-BUT A FEMALE! LOSER).
He can’t win with any decision. He chose his only selfish option.

Yes! He will have to deal with the consequences for doing it “his way”.✅
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Bamz(m): 2:27am On Aug 31, 2022
I can't wait for episode 3. My best part in ep 2 was when Rhaenyra rode Syrax to Dragonstone. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by nahr(f): 6:06am On Aug 31, 2022
I haven't watched GOT yet, will I spoil it if I watch House of the Dragon first?
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2022
nahr:
I haven't watched GOT yet, will I spoil it if I watch House of the Dragon first?

No. GOT took place 200 years later.

3 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Bamz(m): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2022
embarassed

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by nahr(f): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2022
aieromon:

No. GOT took place 200 years later.

Okay
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by TheKingIsHere: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
Official Preview: The Main Event! - House of the Dragon Season 1 Episode 3 (First Look!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0AUnDvoOg

4 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by ThothHermes: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
aieromon:

Also in Episode 2

Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin -- Cersei.

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by drmuchin: 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2022
Why is this room so quiet?
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by kay9(m): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
Episode 3 - Second of His Name.

A solid entry. I give it a 4/5. The battle scene at the end was gold; if I may quote someone here, "enough dracarys".

@crackhaus, thoughts?
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by crackhaus: 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
kay9:
Episode 3 - Second of His Name.

A solid entry. I give it a 4/5. The battle scene at the end was gold; if I may quote someone here, "enough dracarys".

@crackhaus, thoughts?
A solid 9.5/10... cool

I can't count how many times I had to rewind just to rewatch a scene or listen to a dialogue again.
I am going to rewatch this episode last thing before going to bed tonight. cheesy

At the beginning of the episode when I noticed the obvious time-jump from where E02 left off, I almost felt a certain way... But I must say, that feeling of disappointment didn't last very long at all.
10mins into the episode and I had forgotten all about it.

I will miss the actress playing young Rhaenyra, she's so freaking good. Hopefully, the lady who takes over does an equally better job at interpreting the role.

Matt Smith as Daemon, exceptional! cool
I look at him and for a minute, I actually forget that he is just acting the part. His interpretation is superb and on point.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Ibunkun1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
Daemon, brave rascal cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Zee0007: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
Some of the things I have observed.

1) Deamon made me love the battle scenes. To me, he would have made a better king than his brother but his ruthless attitude both on bed wink and the way he relate with the council seems awful for a king.

2) The spoken words was top notch. I don't know when I found myself using those words when relating to people around me. I love how Alison speaks but it's the audacious of Rhaenyra that made speaking look so easy for me. grin please she shouldn't grow older cry I will miss her.

Snippet: I can't stop mimicking Rhaenyra gesticulations. She happens to be my best character for now. No matter how hard she looks, I guess she has found love in the arms of her saviour.

I will rate episode 3 9.9/10.

3 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Ibunkun1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
crackhaus:

A solid 9.5/10... cool

I can't count how many times I had to rewind just to rewatch a scene or listen to a dialogue again.
I am going to rewatch this episode last thing before going to bed tonight. cheesy

At the beginning of the episode when I noticed the obvious time-jump from where E02 left off, I almost felt a certain way... But I must say, that feeling of disappointment didn't last very long at all.

I will miss the actress playing young Rhaenyra, she's so freaking good. Hopefully, the lady who takes over does an equally better job at interpreting the role.

I look at him and for a minute, I actually forget that he is just acting the part. His interpretation is superb and on point.

No truer words. The way the lady playing young Rhaenyra flows Mheen, loving her is just so easy, seeing how she is with Ser Criston, I wonder why he switched sides. And for Alicent she's just playing to her father's tune, I wouldn't call her his puppet yet but it's kind of close to that

Viserys told Rhaenyra to chose her husband, I wonder how she ended up marrying from House Velarion. Rhaenyra's death in the book is horrible I hope it won't be like that in the series because e go pain me.

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Ibunkun1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2022
Zee0007:
Some of the things I have observed.

1) Deamon made me love the battle scenes. To me, he would have made a better king than his brother but his ruthless attitude both on bed wink and the way he relate with the council seems awful for a king.

2) The spoken words was top notch. I don't know when I found myself using those words when relating to people around me. I love how Alison speaks but it's the audacious of Rhaenyra that made speaking look so easy for me. grin please she shouldn't grow older cry I will miss her.

Snippet: I can't stop mimicking Rhaenyra gesticulations. She happens to be my best character for now. No matter how hard she looks, I guess she has found love in the arms of her saviour.

I will rate episode 3 9.9/10.

Very true.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Zee0007: 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
It is me or I'm missing something.

I thought Craghas would be a tough nut to crack. How come he was easily defeated. That part seems weak for me. I thought he had seamlessly forged a device to tackle Daemon's dragon and his fleet.

Unfortunately, I was thrown aback with his weak army.

All the hype look so easy for Daemon.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by kay9(m): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2022
crackhaus:

A solid 9.5/10... cool

Fully concur on all.

I'd seen Matt Smith in Morbius, he was good there but I never forsaw his near-perfect depiction of Prince Daemon.

I'd assumed they'll just age up Emma D'Arcy Milly Alcock (Rhaenyra) as the series progresses. Chances are the show runners intend to milk the Dance of Dragons civil war story for at least five seasons, so the actors/ actresses will have time to "mature".

Edit: I was severely disappointed by how GOT ended so I pointedly ignored HotD production and cast news. Hence my ignorance on young/older Rhaenyra.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by drmuchin: 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
kay9:

Fully concur on all.

I'd seen Matt Smith in Morbius, he was good there but I never forsaw his near-perfect depiction of Prince Daemon.

I'd assumed they'll just age up Emma D'Arcy (Rhaenyra) as the series progresses. Chances are [the show runners] intend to milk the Dance of Dragons civil war story for at least five seasons, so the actors/actresses will have time to "mature".

How na? They already jumped Rhaenyra
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Odunayomi247(m): 6:32am On Sep 06, 2022
Who's that guy on dragon sef??
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 7:32am On Sep 06, 2022
Odunayomi247:
Who's that guy on dragon sef??

Laenor Velaryon, son of Lord Corlys Velaryon.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Odunayomi247(m): 8:21am On Sep 06, 2022
aieromon:

Laenor Velaryon, son of Lord Corlys Velaryon.

But the sea snake said velarions are not dragon riders
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 8:31am On Sep 06, 2022
Odunayomi247:

But the sea snake said velarions are not dragon riders

Well, he married Rhaenys Targaryen who is a dragon rider.

Both kids (Laenor and Laena) got the skill from their mother's bloodline.

7 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by KanwuliaExtra: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2022
The best moment ?

D.T. running into that crab master’s cave and emerging with his mangled torso. Glad we were spared the horrors of the duel between them.

That crabby dude GWOR-GWOR nor be small.
Tufiaaaaaakwa!!!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Sanction BBNaija For Public Smoking - NTCA, CAPPA Write NBC / Nelisa & Yemi Cregx (yelisa) Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.