Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

The High Refresh Rates Madness - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The High Refresh Rates Madness (1480 Views)

60hz, 90hz, 120hz, 144hz, 240hz Refresh Rates. What Do They Even Mean? / Iphone 12 Pro Reputed To Feature Promotion High-refresh Rate Display, 3x Telepho / Xiaomi Mi 10 May Come With A High Refresh Rate And Massive Battery Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The High Refresh Rates Madness by Nobody: 5:02am On May 06, 2021
The technology company always finds a way to keep people obsessed. Just like the upgrade from SD865 to SD 870. In reality, the performance are just same, yet people can conjure up some difference on paper, while they compare smartphones. But that's a topic for another day.

The more madness has been shifted to refresh rates, and it has even become a high marketing strategy, to the extent that many ignorantly prioritize RR above the phone's processor.

An iPhone 12 and 12 pro still sports a 60Hz refresh rates and is still swift and smooth, and so do many smartphones. Infact, as far as smartphones are concerned, the difference between 60 Hz and 120Hz is just so negligible in real life usage.

Then some talk about gaming. I assure you, most High intensive games cannot push beyond 60hz. Pubg, Pes 2021 etc. In those regards, the processor is really the real deal. Imagine someone picking a phone that sports 720 or 780G SD processor (with 120hz refresh rates) above a smartphone with 865+ SD (with refresh rates of 60Hz or APPLE A14 BIONIC (with refresh rates of 60Hz). That sounds like madness to me.

1 Like

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by seunlayi(m): 6:03am On May 06, 2021
Untop our shitty network. One is even crying to get a 5G phone while our current 4g is far from expectations.
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by sunshineV(f): 8:42am On May 06, 2021
wo una go dey alright. leave people wey get money to buy watin dem wan buy

2 Likes

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by witnezHD(m): 8:58am On May 06, 2021
I say the same thing about 5g network, 108maga pixel cam, removal of headphones jack,

1 Like

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Donvic4u(m): 9:22am On May 06, 2021
Whoever says he'll pick high refresh rate over high-end processor is a tech illiterate

3 Likes

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by NuclearReactor: 10:08am On May 06, 2021
Benstino:
The technology company always finds a way to keep people obsessed. Just like the upgrade from SD865 to SD 870. In reality, the performance are just same, yet people can conjure up some difference on paper, while they compare smartphones. But that's a topic for another day.

The more madness has been shifted to refresh rates, and it has even become a high marketing strategy, to the extent that many ignorantly prioritize RR above the phone's processor.

An iPhone 12 and 12 pro still sports a 60Hz refresh rates and is still swift and smooth, and so do many smartphones. Infact, as far as smartphones are concerned, the difference between 60 Hz and 120Hz is just so negligible in real life usage.

Then some talk about gaming. I assure you, most High intensive games cannot push beyond 60hz. Pubg, Pes 2021 etc. In those regards, the processor is really the real deal. Imagine someone picking a phone that sports 720 or 780G SD processor (with 120hz refresh rates) above a smartphone with 865+ SD (with refresh rates of 60Hz or APPLE A14 BIONIC (with refresh rates of 60Hz). That sounds like madness to me.
You sound like an Apple fanboy, but i'l give you the benefit of doubt...
Have you personally used a high refresh rate display before

3 Likes

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Fuyinge: 10:31am On May 06, 2021
Lmao
Why then is Apple trying to adopt 120hz refresh rate on the yet to be released iphone 13 series?

1 Like

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by good4all40: 12:01pm On May 06, 2021
It is slightly noticeable but l still prefer the 60
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Norman4real(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2021
Having used a high refresh rate before, I can tell you that it's not the same as using a usual 60hz screen. However to me what's more important than the refresh rate is the type of display and pixel resolution. So I'd rather have a 60hz OLED 1080p display than having a 90hz IPS 720p.

3 Likes

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Chuksteric(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2021
One stupid company used 90hz on a TFT display lol...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Freelancerx: 1:39pm On May 06, 2021
Everything goes hand in hand Processor and refresh rates. Hence, the reason why top companies are even looking increase their RR on most of their phones
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 06, 2021
Fuyinge:
Lmao
Why then is Apple trying to adopt 120hz refresh rate on the yet to be released iphone 13 series?

Not at all. I just don't like Apple. I'm a core android fan.
I've used 120hz, but still went back to 60hz. The b3 sacrifice ain't even worth that little difference

2 Likes

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 06, 2021
Fuyinge:
Lmao

Once anything starts trending, the masses go gaga, and without the people, they can't sell to themselves. So, they've got no option.
Don't get me wrong. I ain't an Apple fan boy. I prefer my android that I can play around with the software
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 06, 2021
sunshineV:
wo una go dey alright. leave people wey get money to buy watin dem wan buy

It's really got nothing to do with money. Some of the new mid-range phones still come with 90 or 120hz
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Yyvonne: 6:35pm On May 06, 2021
Even spark 7P carry 90Hz refresh rate. This high refresh rate is becoming a thing
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Fuyinge: 1:28am On May 08, 2021
Benstino:

Once anything starts trending, the masses go gaga, and without the people, they can't sell to themselves. So, they've got no option.
Don't get me wrong. I ain't an Apple fan boy. I prefer my android that I can play around with the software
OK, I get your point.
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Rareoil(m): 7:35am On May 08, 2021
Benstino:

iPhone 13 is also getting 120hz display panels, from Samsung

60hz and 120hz refresh rate can be differentiated by the human eye but the difference is tiny for a huge sacrifice in battery life.
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Rareoil(m): 7:36am On May 08, 2021
Chuksteric:

Tecno?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Rareoil(m): 7:38am On May 08, 2021
seunlayi:
Untop our shitty network. One is even crying to get a 5G phone while our current 4g is far from expectations.

Omo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Yinksy09(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2021
Benstino:

It's really got nothing to do with money. Some of the new mid-range phones still come with 90 or 120hz

True
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Jacku: 8:04am On May 10, 2021
Donvic4u:
Whoever says he'll pick high refresh rate over high-end processor is a tech illiterate
to each his own. It's there money.
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Ovie56(m): 6:51pm On May 10, 2021
Rareoil:

iPhone 13 is also getting 120hz display panels, from Samsung

60hz and 120hz refresh rate can be differentiated by the human eye but the difference is tiny for a huge sacrifice in battery life.
Apple used 120hz on Ipad pro before any other Phone or Tab
They didn't adopt it on Iphone cuz of the small battery Iphone usually sport.
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 10, 2021
Chuksteric:
you are looking for camon 17 fanatics trouble o

1 Like

Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Rareoil(m): 8:46pm On May 10, 2021
Ovie56:
Apple used 120hz on Ipad pro before any other Phone or Tab
They didn't adopt it on Iphone cuz of the small battery Iphone usually sport.

iPhone 13 is coming with 120hz refresh rate
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Ovie56(m): 10:07pm On May 10, 2021
Rareoil:

iPhone 13 is coming with 120hz refresh rate
They will also likely increase their battery capacity otherwise, it will become a hot mess
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by MartinsD12(m): 8:54pm On May 12, 2021
Benstino:

Definitely in the same way I am thinking all these madness with phones that can play pub g Should stop that madness, infact p22 can play pub g is no big deal.
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Saucekiddo99(m): 10:52pm On May 12, 2021
Benstino:

Not at all. I just don't like Apple. I'm a core android fan.
I've used 120hz, but still went back to 60hz. The b3 sacrifice ain't even worth that little difference
Battery sacrifice? I thought there were options on high refresh rates enabled phones to switch to whatever rate you want?
Re: The High Refresh Rates Madness by Yourfav: 1:59pm On May 13, 2021
High refresh rate plus good processor is the real thing

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 13 Pro Max Vs Infinix Note 11 Pro Camera Comparison / What Will Happen To Iphone That Will Not Receive Updates / I Need An Android With 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.