Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:20 PM

Do You Need A Website For Your Business? 7 Reasons Why The Answer Is Yes - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do You Need A Website For Your Business? 7 Reasons Why The Answer Is Yes (415 Views)

7 Reasons Why Your Website Will Be Banned By Search Engines (google) / 7 Reasons Why Your Website Needs A Search Engine Optimization Expert / I Want A Right Answer:is This Blog Or Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Website For Your Business? 7 Reasons Why The Answer Is Yes by micolaj: 8:43am On May 06, 2021
[/sub][sub][/sub][sub][sup][/sup]If your business has gotten this far without a website, you might be wondering: do I need a website for my business? What’s the point if my business is already successful without one?

The short answer is that there has never been a better or more important time to invest in a website for your business. A website offers a wide variety of benefits for small businesses, and most of these benefits increase in value exponentially year over year, just like the Internet itself.

Not convinced? I have collected seven of the biggest benefits your small business can receive from even a simple website:

1. A website makes you look professional
84% of today’s consumers think a website makes your business more credible than companies that only have social media profiles. Your website is also the perfect place to show off any professional certifications or awards your business has.

Beyond that, having your own website lets you create a branded email address (e.g. jacobajayi@yoursite.com) which adds a level of professionalism to all of your correspondence, especially if you’ve used a personal email address to conduct business up until now.

2. Your website can attract new customers through Google
You may be happy with the current size of your business, but every company experiences customer turnover. To encourage continued success, you need to attract new customers, and one of the best ways to do it is by making yourself visible on Google.

A well-optimized website can help your business rank well for a variety of search terms and attract a steady stream of new customers. There are several free SEO tools that make it easy to optimize your website without any prior training.

3. You can clearly showcase your products and services

You can show potential customers what they’ll get when they work with you by displaying high-quality photography on your website. Take a look at how the UK restaurant Blackhouse has accomplished this on its website.
You can also use your website design, along with the featured images, to give people a sense of what it feels like to enter your physical location. This works particularly well if your brand is closely tied to the “feel” of your location, like a restaurant.

4. You can display your best reviews and testimonials prominently on your website
Displaying your best reviews and/or testimonials prominently on your website is a great way to establish social proof. This might come in the form of personal customer testimonials.
Publishing your best reviews on your website also serves the secondary purpose of creating a permanent archive. This means that even if third-party review sites close at some point in the future, you’ll still have access to your best reviews.

5. A website can encourage customers to contact you

A website is a great place to make your contact information easily available to potential customers. You can even publish your contact information in a header or footer so it appears on every single page.
Modern website builders (more on those in a bit) also make it easy to create a contact form, which can protect your business email from spam.

6. Your website establishes your place in the industry

If your competitors aren’t online yet, they probably will be soon. Establish yourself as a leader in your field by building a high-quality website first. If your competitors are online, you have a different kind of opportunity: you can build a website that’s completely different from your competitors’ sites, showing potential customers what makes your company stand apart.

7. A website is no longer intimidating to create and manage

Modern website builder like Startweb Africa (you can try 14 days trial here: https://startweb.africa/ make it easy for you to build an attractive, mobile-friendly site without any knowledge of code. In other words, it has never been simpler to create a functional, aesthetically pleasing website.
Re: Do You Need A Website For Your Business? 7 Reasons Why The Answer Is Yes by jennyanams: 8:51am On May 06, 2021
Re: Do You Need A Website For Your Business? 7 Reasons Why The Answer Is Yes by mydemo: 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
Hi. Nice article and I really enjoyed it. Also, I want to focus on the search engine part of the websites. Having website is not only enough if you own a business. Getting it ranked on google is also important. I think here's some resources you need to make your website ready for google: https://onentrepreneur.com/ready-for-google-user-experience-update/

(1) (Reply)

Blog Page Design Needed / What's The Meaning Of UI/UX Design? / $1000 Top Seller Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.