Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List (2549 Views)

Proudly Nigerian: 15 Year Old Nigerian Makes History In The US / Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / We Welcome Prince Williams And Newly Wedded Wife To Nigeria For Honeymoon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
LAGOS — Seyi Obakin the only Nigerian on the Prince William’s Royal Wedding official guest list released at the weekend by St James’s Palace will receive the Royal Wedding Cake on behalf of Centrepoint.

Obakin, a chartered accountant and Chief Executive, Centrepoint, a charity organisation in London was listed alongside David Bekham, Sir Elton John, among others on the merit section of the guest list. He is one of the three Africans invited for the wedding and the only non African monarch after the Crown Prince of Morocco and King of Swazi in the list.

Prince William is a patron of Obakin’s Centrepoint and has met many of the young people supported by Centrepoint over the years

Obakin joined Centrepoint as Finance Director in 2003 and was promoted to Chief Operating Officer in 2006. He became Acting Chief Executive in May 2008 and was appointed to that role permanently in January 2009. The royal wedding cake will be donated to Obakin’s Centrepoint.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/nigerian-makes-prince-williams-wedding-list/
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2011
If you want royal wedding cake (because I do), Holla!
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2011
Hmmm! na wa for this their wedding list even obama, tony blair and gordon brown were not even invited. Me think that its politically motivated. shocked
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by maga1: 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
I think our 1st lady Dame Patience Jonathan also made the list alongside mitchelle obama. Patience is expected 2 make a speech on behalf of all african women. Pls lets pray 4 her
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by hollandis(f): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
So this has become news,Nigerians will forever remain slaves to UK
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Afam4eva(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
Keep worshipping the white man at your own peril. It's now a big deal that a Nigerian was invited to Price william's wedding.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by seanet03: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2011
afam4eva:

Keep worshipping the white man at your own peril. It's now a big deal that a Nigerian was invited to Price william's wedding.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
ROTFLMAO!!!! cheesy

Ohh If you read clearly, you'd recognize why our beloved Nigeria was invited. For his charitable cause. Which is something to admire and nationally recognize.

But I want royal cake sha!
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!!! cheesy

Ohh If you read clearly, you'd recognize why our beloved Nigeria was invited. For his charitable cause. Which is something to admire and nationally recognize.

Royal cake ko royal shame nii. Pls stop belittling Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by AndreUweh(m): 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
This brainless thread has no business here in the politics section.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by seanet03: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!!! cheesy

Aba olohun je Ku. Ije nisu Boli
Andre Uweh:

This brainless thread has no business here in the politics section.
You have come with fo0lishness again abi?
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
afam4eva:

Royal cake ko royal shame nii. Pls stop belittling Nigeria.

You;re belittling yourself, which is such a shame. If jealousy would let you see.

Out of 3 Africans, a Nigerian was invited. He was invited not because of his nationality, but because of his successful Charity organization in UK.
CentrePoint is an organization that gives homeless point a chance at a bright future. Read more on it http://www.centrepoint.org.uk/

I knew this thread was going to bring this kinds of hateful opinions, from your likes ofcourse. I just wanted to confirm my assumption.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

You;re belittling yourself, which is such a shame. If jealousy would let you see.

Out of 3 Africans, a Nigerian was invited. He was invited not because of his nationality, but because of his successful Charity organization in UK.
CentrePoint is an organization that gives homeless point a chance at a bright future. Read more on it http://www.centrepoint.org.uk/

I knew this thread was going to bring this kinds of hateful opinions, from your likes ofcourse. I just wanted to confirm my assumption.

Jealousy? Knock yourself out.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
Seyi Obakin

Seyi Obakin has been appointed Chief Executive of Centrepoint. Taking over the role from Anthony Lawton, who after seven years as Chief Executive of Centrepoint, has announced his decision to leave due to a family illness.

Seyi Obakin is appointed as Centrepoint's Chief Executive

Michael O'Higgins, Chair of Centrepoint said ‘Anthony has provided outstandingly energetic, ambitious and politically astute leadership of Centrepoint throughout his time as CEO. He presided over a period, first of consolidation, and then substantial growth for Centrepoint so that during his tenure we have increased the number of young people we work with directly from some 900 each year to more than 1,600, with more than 75% of those young people leaving with positive outcomes.’

Anthony Lawton said, 'the last seven years have been extremely rewarding.  I have enjoyed leading Centrepoint during period of growth but much work needs to be done.  I know Seyi and the rest of the staff at Centrepoint will continue to work hard to provide good quality support to vulnerable homeless young people’.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2011
Up Nigerians. . . .  kiss kiss

Let the hating begin kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by bkbabe97y(m): 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2011
Not surprised dude is Yoruba. . . .

Oh boy, just imagine if it had been a Ibo man that was invited!
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Cadaver(m): 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
must everytin on nl be turned into a tribal war? a nigerian gets invited to the royal wedding and its become anoda yoruba-ibo civil war on nl? nawaoh!
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by ezeagu(m): 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
Cadaver:

must everytin on nl be turned into a tribal war? a nigerian gets invited to the royal wedding and its become anoda yoruba-ibo civil war on nl? nawaoh!

Why do you think this was posted in the Politics section?  grin hahaha

SEE THROUGH.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
Cadaver:

the thing surprises me.

Title said "Nigerian". Let's celebrate our fellow Nigerians whose prolly going to be there trying to draw rich ppl into his charitable organization.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by EzeUche3(m): 8:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
Big deal? Even Americans do not care about what these Brits are doing.

The British royalty are only leeches of the British people.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 25, 2011
Nobody said it was a small or big deal.

Out of 3 Africans, a Nigerian was chosen. Point is, his organization must be renowned and successful. Instead of mouthing off, una can try to find out about the organization and donate.  cool

And oh yea, me want royal cake, if I cant get Nigeria's national cake, I want a royal cake grin
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2011
EzeUche__:

Big deal? Even Americans do not care about what these Brits are doing.

The British royalty are only leeches of the British people.

If you want to help homeless people to a brighter future:

*Ileke-IdI:

Read more on it http://www.centrepoint.org.uk/

Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by blasterman(m): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
so make we come they celebrate or what. U this bloody slave wetin concern person concern uk wedding
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by zstranger: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2011
I knew they wouldnt pick an Ibo man.

I dont blame them, who wants a kidnapper c/u/m money ritualist c/u/m fake degree holders c/u/m/ whiners at a highclass wedding like that.

Up Yorubamen
Up Odualand
Up SW Nigeria

Up Fstranger!
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by ezeagu(m): 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2011
See royal correspondent "I knew". grin
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by White007(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2011
*hisses, door slams & walks out*
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by nwaafo1: 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by redsun(m): 12:08am On Apr 26, 2011
zstranger:

I knew they wouldnt pick an Ibo man.

I dont blame them, who wants a kidnapper c/u/m money ritualist c/u/m fake degree holders c/u/m/ whiners at a highclass wedding like that.

Up Yorubamen
Up Odualand
Up SW Nigeria

Up Fstranger!

# E be say u be colonial man,u don be slave before

# oyinbo don release but u never release yourself

# E be say

Your comments tells a lot about you.You are like a gold fish of the colomentality world.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by redsun(m): 12:21am On Apr 26, 2011
A tribute to the legend.May Africans wise up like him.

http://www.justsomelyrics.com/536490/Fela-Kuti-Colonial-mentality-Lyrics
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by ektbear: 12:22am On Apr 26, 2011
so many bad belle nigerians lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by redsun(m): 12:24am On Apr 26, 2011
No wonder guys like u talk rubbish.You don't know what's up.
Re: Nigerian Makes Prince Williams Wedding List by ektbear: 12:29am On Apr 26, 2011
All I see is a lot of hatin going on

colonial mentality ko, bad belle ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cartoon: The Average Nigerian In 2012! / Illuminati Owns Facebook..true Or False / Reasons Why Muslims Have Always Been Lagos Governor- Tell Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.