Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday (723 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Schoolgirl Too Comfortable With SA President Ramaphosa In Viral Video / President Cyril Ramaphosa's Ipad 'Stolen' On Live TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 12:26pm On May 06, 2021
The ruling African National Congress (ANC) in South Africa is set to hold an urgent meeting on Thursday after the revelation on Wednesday night that its secretary-general Ace Magashule had attempted to “suspend” ANC party president Cyril Ramaphosa via a written letter.

The secretary-general position is often referred to as the most powerful within the organisation.

Magashule’s letter, in which he refused to step aside because of corruption allegations, said he would be appealing his suspension and added that he was “suspending” Ramaphosa - who is also the leader of the country. The letter is said to have angered the president.

Magashule confirmed to the M&G on Wednesday night that the letter was “not fake”.

Step Aside Policy

He said he had the authority to suspend Ramaphosa because he was still the secretary general of the governing party, adding that the president too had been implicated in potentially corrupt acts.

“The resolution says all those who are alleged, reported and charged [must step aside],” he said.

"I have also, in accordance with the powers vested in me as the secretary general of the ANC … summarily suspended the president of the ANC, comrade Cyril Ramaphosa," Magashule said in his letter.

“This is done in terms of resolution 8.2 of the 54th national conference, which states that, ‘Every cadre accused of, or reported to be involved in, corrupt practices should voluntarily step down while they face disciplinary, investigative or prosecutorial procedures".

President Ramaphosa is accused by some of having received corrupt funds to aid his campaign to oust Jacob Zuma in 2018.

But the ANC is a party split in the middle among Ramaphosa and Jacob Zuma supporters. Magashule is a powerful Zuma ally.

During the short phone call on Wednesday night, the M&G could hear voices in the background that appeared to be Magashule supporters.

“Why don’t you read those 10 points? They (Ramaphosa camp) are using state organs and we are quiet and we know this. We know what they are cooking against Supra [Mahumapelo], Bongani Bongo, Lindiwe Sisulu. We know what they are cooking. I will not step aside and I am still the secretary general elected by conference,” Magashule told the M&G.

Magashule Condemned

The M&G also spoke to ANC national chairperson Gwede Mantashe on Wednesday, who dismissed Magashule’s letter, saying that already suspended Magashule had no authority to suspend Ramaphosa.

“This is an organisation. You don’t wake up angry and take a decision and communicate it. This is of no consequence, because we were at the national working committee yesterday and this decision was not discussed. He makes a decision at his home alone and writes to the president. That is not how decisions are made in an organisation,” Mantashe said.

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TONY042(m): 12:33pm On May 06, 2021
Make APC do the same to Bubu na

2 Likes

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by Nokio1: 12:39pm On May 06, 2021
Desmond have reach S/a..
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by 3pleDAssistant: 12:45pm On May 06, 2021
Nokio1:
Desmond have reach S/a..
You won't believe it! That guy will never cease to amaze us
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 12:51pm On May 06, 2021
Social media reaction

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 12:54pm On May 06, 2021
Nokio1:
Desmond have reach S/a..

Guys, I'm in SA - who's Desmond? cheesy I see him mentioned everywhere.
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by nwaanambra1(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2021
i blame Desmond Ediot for this!

South Africans pls blame this guy!

His Name is Desmond Ediot!

He is the cause of all the problems in Africa!

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by WannaHowzit(m): 1:26pm On May 06, 2021
Ramaphosa should win this battle, ace and Zuma faction are crooks
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 2:24pm On May 06, 2021
nwaanambra1:
i blame Desmond Ediot for this!
South Africans pls blame this guy!
His Name is Desmond Ediot!
He is the cause of all the problems in Africa!

grin grin
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by AfriqueDuZuid: 2:25pm On May 06, 2021
TMKsouth:
Social media reaction

The second one killed me

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 2:33pm On May 06, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

The second one killed me

grin grin they are 2 favourites I came across.

So what do u think of Ace: are you a fan or not? I'm not angry
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by AfriqueDuZuid: 2:35pm On May 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

grin grin they are 2 favourites I came across.

So what do u think of Ace: are you a fan or not? I'm not angry

Hell no, they should kill each other already.

Its like ANC and EFF it's two sides of the same coin.

South Africa will be better without both of them

2 Likes

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 2:39pm On May 06, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

Hell no, they should kill each other already.
Its like ANC and EFF it's two sides of the same coin.
South Africa will be better without both of them

grin grin grin okay, i wouldn't go that far, I don't want Cyril killed. But this is Zuma 2.0 loading, exactly what happened when Mbeki fired him. These guys are gonna regroup but I hope they do it outside the ANC where no one will vote for them and they'll become irrelevant.

EFF is something else all together.
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by ChiefSosa(m): 2:46pm On May 06, 2021
Do me I do you...man no go vex
Step on the dancefloor...man no go vex
Touch me I wound you...man no go vex

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by gbowoade85142: 3:36pm On May 06, 2021
:Social media reactionThe second one killed me

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 4:24pm On May 06, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Do me I do you...man no go vex
Step on the dancefloor...man no go vex
Touch me I wound you...man no go vex

Fire for fire shocked grin Still tryin to figure what man no go vex means cry
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by AfriqueDuZuid: 5:07pm On May 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

grin grin grin okay, i wouldn't go that far, I don't want Cyril killed. But this is Zuma 2.0 loading, exactly what happened when Mbeki fired him. These guys are gonna regroup but I hope they do it outside the ANC where no one will vote for them and they'll become irrelevant.

EFF is something else all together.

Zuma alone has massive following,

There's no one better thru all the same, the problem is the ANC in its entirety

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by IronGalaxy: 6:49pm On May 06, 2021
The gall of this man.. angry

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by ChiefSosa(m): 7:29pm On May 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

Fire for fire shocked grin Still tryin to figure what man no go vex means cry
Lol, it means there shouldn't be any complaint if an action is reciprocated back to the doer.

1 Like

Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 9:34pm On May 06, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, it means there shouldn't be any complaint if an action is reciprocated back to the doer.

Thanx! Improving my pidgin step by step cool
Re: SA President Cyril Ramaphosa 'Fired' By Top Politician He 'Fired' Just Yesterday by TMKsouth: 9:38pm On May 06, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

Zuma alone has massive following,

Without the ANC brand he would never perform well at the polls outside KZN. Their greed alone would very soon lead to an implosion of that new formation.

(1) (Reply)

Russian Troops Underfunded, Equipment Sub-par-Fox News / Trump Praises Zelensky As A 'brave Man' Two Years After He Tried To Extort Him F / Tunisian Turmoil Escalates As President Controversially issues A Decree Dissolvi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.