Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,573 members, 7,801,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job (15870 Views)

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK / Keep My Federal Government Job Or Travel Out To Dubia / Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by omenekennedy(m): 5:35pm On May 07, 2021
Good evening my brother. You just have to put it in prayer. I suggest 3 days fasting and prayer. I tell you, you must surely get your answer. Cheers! cool
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by smile11s(m): 5:35pm On May 07, 2021
Go anywhere your heart is with. Easy. Or you can fast for 7 days, give 10% of your savings to a pastor, the more % you give and the better of your chances, pray 6 hours a day. And surely God will whisper something to your heart.
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 07, 2021
No jobs in Ghana o

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by TheAviator: 5:35pm On May 07, 2021
simondavid:
Should I stay in Nigeria or travel to Ghana my in-law place in search of job

Don't be deceived brother, Ghana is not better than Nigeria. I lived in Accra, so I know what I am saying. If there is anyone giving you the impression that 'if you can't get job in Nigeria, just go to Ghana and you will get a job,' that's mendacious. Most of those who talk like that don't know the reality. They just talk based on heresay and fake imaginations. Cost of living in Accra is so expensive than Nigeria, believe me.

18 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by patorial(m): 5:36pm On May 07, 2021
The thing is who do you know in Ghana and how do you plan to get the job there

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by bewla(m): 5:36pm On May 07, 2021
Lilpen3758:
Oga ball out as soon as possible
I no go even advise my enemy to stay for naija
There was once a union
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Sakamaje: 5:37pm On May 07, 2021
Naija better pass Ghana by far, forget social media hype. Besides, those Ghanaians hate Nigerians. You can't get a decent job as a Nigerian in Ghana. And if you open business sef dem go still dey beef you. Find better country if you must travel out.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by alizma: 5:37pm On May 07, 2021
simondavid:
Don't mind these people that are telling you to go o. With Nigerian vote's card or national ID card plus 50k any one that want to travel to Ghana will get there safely. Then you now wonder why many people that are telling you to go are still in Nigeria.
Back to your question, I will advise you to go only if you have a place to stay and you are going for business but if you are going there in search of job, my brother better stay back in Nigeria because Ghana is yet to absorb all her employable but unemployed youths talk less of employing a foreigner.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 07, 2021
1. Ghanaians are deporting Nigerians just now.

2. Are you sure your in-law won't ghost you once you reach that country? Cos that's what most Nigerians do.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Olushylay1(f): 5:38pm On May 07, 2021
Ghana
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 07, 2021
Na wah... Things have really got so bad, how could you make Ghana preference to Nigeria. Its that bad now.
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by SenecaTheYonger: 5:39pm On May 07, 2021
If you’re good enough to get a job in Ghana, you would have gotten in Nigerian. Believe me, you need to be overqualified with real experience before you as a Nigerian will be considered before a Ghanaian. It’s pointless.

The only Nigerians working there (in high paying positions) are those transferred.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by oluwaseunamos33(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2021
Travel to Libya or Afghanistan
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Lilpen3758: 5:40pm On May 07, 2021
bewla:
There was once a union
hehehehehe grin things have changed my brother

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Eryyy92: 5:41pm On May 07, 2021
Go Ghana and join HK
Come back after one year
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by worldclass68(m): 5:42pm On May 07, 2021
As if u no get Android phone undecided
Ghana of all places
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by ceede2: 5:43pm On May 07, 2021
simondavid:
How una dey reason sef. Ghana na Cali?
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by stagger: 5:44pm On May 07, 2021
simondavid:

Let me talk to you as an elder and a former resident of Ghana for 2 years in recent times.

LEGAL STATUS
After 90 days of stay, you need a permit to remain in the country. It comes via business, study or work.
- study: this is automatic. Your passport will be stamped accordingly and the name of your school has to be checked against a list the Ghana immigration has for such a purpose.
- business: already heavily flogged. You need $1m in cash or in equipment/goods as a 100% owner of a business in Ghana. Entering into a partnership with a Ghanaian where you give up 51% ownership cuts this amount to $200,000. Exemption to this payment is if you operate a company involved in manufacturing, or involved in exportation of Ghana's products. Most Nigerians are unaware of this loophole and do not make use of it, preferring to go into the prohibited retail spaces. Also know that there are certain business sectors reserved only for the locals.
- work: your company has to sponsor your work permit, which is then used to process the residency permit. A check will be made to ensure your employment does not flout expatriate quotas, because the company pays the government a sum of money for each expatriate employed.

You will need to go to the NIA to get a non-citizen card to at least have the confidence to move around freely.

So let me tell you frankly: you leaving to Ghana to "look for work" will leave you very frustrated. You will never get one legally. That is why many of our people go there, and they get stranded. Then they turn to criminal activity.

Already as a Nigerian, you have a reputational problem. The system is already wired to reject you.

- You cannot get a MoMo license as a Nigerian.
- You cannot get register as a Bolt or Uber driver. The few Nigerians I met doing this were those who had one parent as a Ghanaian.
- Even if you decide to open a store or small business under the radar, the Ghanaians will report you instantly and you will have unwanted visits from area boys (yes, they exist in Ghana) or the Ghana Police Services.

Also, can I tell you that the cost of living in Ghana is higher than in Nigeria? Fuel costs the equivalent of N400 per litre. If you try living in Dzorwulu or East Legon or Adjiringanor, you pay house rent in dollars. Let me not even talk of Osu or Cantonment area.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by vioment: 5:44pm On May 07, 2021
Stay in Nigeria if na Ghana be your option.

Visit Ghana if your mind still no gree you.
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 07, 2021
simondavid:
Any Where Else Right Now Is Better Than Nigeria...Guy,Go To Ghana And Find Out Things For Yourself Man...You No Need Visa To Enter Ghana...Just Pass Through Seme Then Aflao,You Don Enter Ghana.
Tema Is The Best Place To Find Jobs Like The Hotels, Factories And So Many Maritime Industries Are There...After 90Days Your Stay Go Don Expire Unless Dem Give You Resident Permit....Alot Of Nigerians In Ghana Don Go Over Stay Their Welcome....No Legit, Passports/Documents... They Just Constitute Nuisance Every where.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Emola12(m): 5:46pm On May 07, 2021
Hey! My friend google no dey ur phone? or who dah one epp here
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 07, 2021
oga nigeria kill una papa?
c children wey no fit fight for their papa land o
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
What da fuckkkkkkkkk......like seriously! Ghana
Ogbeni sit your gadmnnn asss down in Nigeria
If you want to travel definitely not some low budget ass noisy moda fuckkking neighbors of ours called Ghana
What da fuckkk...if you want to travel Ogbeni....then go to those dope nations...like Bahrain, oman, qatar, .and do your dope shit shaperly.....but don't go there with the idea of them giving you a residential permit .....nope...it won't happen.....those countries don't give easily

Just go there run your dope shit shaperly and 2seconds the money go bust....if you don't have the balls to go to this middle east and Arab nations i just mentioned..then enter turkey make you go bomb
what is the dope shit
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by deavicky(m): 5:48pm On May 07, 2021
simondavid:
which kind job dey Ghana?. You better stay Nigeria is far better in terms of job opportunities than Ghana, except you are coming for something else.
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Yankee101: 5:52pm On May 07, 2021
Nah. Avoid Ghana. Too much naija hate right now

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Skipfr(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2021
Unless you dey com hustle for street you fit com Ghana but looking for a legitimate job? My brother stay Nigeria
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by aBrokeRichDude: 5:55pm On May 07, 2021
U nva see work for Nig u wan go Gh.... I petty u, bcus dem dey sugarcoat Gh like say na new America for Nairaland... U beta sitdown till u see opportunity go Oversea

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by ridbell01(m): 5:55pm On May 07, 2021
My brother if you are sure that Ghana will be better than this futureless please go. I have some friends there that they are doing fine.
Nigeria was once a country
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by saphiere(f): 6:00pm On May 07, 2021
simondavid:
Don't go please
Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by AngelicBeing: 6:01pm On May 07, 2021
Shellsploit:
Which part of ghana are u planning to travel to? .How can u cope with language barrier..?

If u don't have handwork, it would be difficult to get a job cos their are few companies in ghana.. except u want to be employed in a farm where u will be clearing bush daily and earn 8 ghanaian cedis wink
Hahaha, clearing bush and earning 8 Ghanaian cedis, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, chai naija don cast, useless politicians feeding fat while the masses are suffering angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job by Shellsploit: 6:07pm On May 07, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, clearing bush and earning 8 Ghanaian cedis, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, chai naija don cast, useless politicians feeding fat while the masses are suffering angry

Speaking from experience... grin
Nothing dey ghana. Except for manual labor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Bank Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / TSL Test/interview Invite On Thursday / 5 Ways To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.