Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

My Friend Is Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Friend Is Confused (20420 Views)

Help A Friend Is Inviting Me To Burkinafaso To Work. / My Friend Paid N400k To Secure A Job That Pays N50k Monthly / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Confused by southpole: 6:13am On May 07, 2021
I stayed in Ikoyi (Government property), the cheapest barbing salon I go to along Awolowo road is N2000 per cut (Cheapest). December, 2020 I traveled to Zaria then decided to cut my hair in a salon in the University (ABU), after the hair cut which was better than the one I get in Lagos, the barber (Igbo guy) charged me N200 that is N1800 less than what I pay in Lagos, I unconsciously started to laugh..... what the hell am I doing in Lagos?. This price difference between the 2 cities cut across rent, food stuff etc. N20,000 tomatoes in Lagos may not be more than N1500 in Zaria. In Lagos, the land is polluted, the air is polluted and the water is polluted, pollution everywhere. If you want to live long stay away from Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Confused by wunmi590(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2021
faithfull18:

Where in Abeokuta will you get that kind of accomodation?

Elega...

And lot of areas...

Just make your research if you stay in abeokuta....

Though the compound I stay is owned by corporative organisation....

If its individual it can be like 270k, but still better compare to Lagos.....
Re: My Friend Is Confused by yinka20(f): 7:23am On May 07, 2021
I served in Zaria, cool town I live in Lagos bt I ll choose Zaria ten times over Lagos.Lagos is just too stressful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Confused by frozen70(f): 7:28am On May 07, 2021
ejitest1:
A friend of mine works with a company in zaria where he is paid 80k plus small small commission, he lives in a clean a room and parlour self contain, he recently got a job of 130k with small small commission too in Lagos .
He is seeking advice on whether to relocate or stay back .

P.s - zaria is a small town filled with students and no chance for proper career advancement

There is nothing to compare there, do you need any one to tell you to choose Lagos
Re: My Friend Is Confused by tofolo(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2021
budaatum:

Zaria with 410k people is a small town?

Tell your friend that "130k with small small commission" is small small money in Lagos, and even smaller than "80k plus small small commission" in "small town" Zaria.

If he has sense his proper career advancement will be up to him.
no mind am calling Zaria small town....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Confused by GorillaApp(m): 1:52pm On May 07, 2021
Obinnau:
That 80k in Zaria should be equivalent to 200k in Lagos.
Plus the emotional stress and drain associated with living in Lagos.
Tell your "friend" it is better to be a king in a one eyed town than to become a normal person in a 2 eyed town.
Let me give you the appropriate quote:
" better to be a big fish in a small lake, than to be a small fish in a big river"

Op, go figure!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Confused by prinsam30: 3:29pm On May 07, 2021
budaatum:

Some people deserve to suffer. Just see how people will ignore this post from a "lived in Zaria for close to 20yrs now" and start believing some ignorant fools who've never been North claiming they will kidnap and blow them up.

Thanks for this post.

seriously there is insecurity everywhere buh there are places u can actually harbour ursef, me for example I shuttle between Zaria, kaduna and Kafanchan, sometimes Abuja buh the best place I'm well secure is Zaria believe u me, I av rest of mind where my families stays

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DeaDear 2017 pre-selected applicants, Having issues with generating a OTP. / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / 10 Questions Serious Job Seekers Must Ask Themselves Before Every Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.