Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? (509 Views)

Apart From Programming And Coding, What IT Related Career Is In High Demand? / Start Making Not Less Than 100k/month From Programming / How Did U Make Your First Money From Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 06, 2021
While some people go into programming for the love of it, most go into it as a hustle, I belong to the later group.

We all know how difficult it is to move from "hello word" to earning real cash from programming. So let us share our experiences on how we made our first cash from programming.

I will start with mine:

I've been learning web development for sometime now though it has been difficult combining it with academics, but its been fun though. I am almost through with frontend though I am stuck at react due to lack of time.

So our lecturer taking us on a software development course divided us into groups and mandated each group to develop different softwares within one week using java or php.

I proposed javascript but he insisted that javascript is not a programming language which got me confused. I opted for php since it was a language i intend learning after react, I downloaded php source codes and modified them to my taste since I know it is not possible to learn a new language in one week.

Most groups were struggling with their projects and soon word got out that I could do it. My phone rang like a customer care rep, I charged 1k per software and all I had to do was get source codes and modify. It was not easy cos I had to get familiar with php syntax.

I didnt sleep for two days cos I needed the money badly, my girlfriend complained that I am just doing 1k work and no longer giving her any time and wonders what will happen if I get a 100k job.

I ended up working for 12 groups, and together with the much needed cash came popularity and they started seeing me as a computer geek...lol.

Please share yours

NB: please check out my portfolio "https//:simeonogewebsite. web. app
please remove the white spaces.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? by akus6060(m): 10:01pm On May 06, 2021
Why did ur lecturer said that JavaScript is not a programming language? Because from the little I know about programming, JavaScript is one of the programming language which can be used for both front end and back end .
Re: How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 06, 2021
akus6060:
Why did ur lecturer said that JavaScript is not a programming language? Because from the little I know about programming, JavaScript is one of the programming language which can be used for both front end and back end .
I tire o, I argued with him but he stood his ground
Re: How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? by spartan117(m): 9:00am On May 07, 2021
Onahi95:

I tire o, I argued with him but he stood his ground
All these outdated lecturers sha cheesy
Re: How Did You Make Your First Pay From Programming? by denvers: 3:28pm On May 07, 2021
Onahi95:
While some people go into programming for the love of it, most go into it as a hustle, I belong to the later group.

We all know how difficult it is to move from "hello word" to earning real cash from programming. So let us share our experiences on how we made our first cash from programming.

I will start with mine:

I've been learning web development for sometime now though it has been difficult combining it with academics, but its been fun though. I am almost through with frontend though I am stuck at react due to lack of time.

So our lecturer taking us on a software development course divided us into groups and mandated each group to develop different softwares within one week using java or php.

I proposed javascript but he insisted that javascript is not a programming language which got me confused. I opted for php since it was a language i intend learning after react, I downloaded php source codes and modified them to my taste since I know it is not possible to learn a new language in one week.

Most groups were struggling with their projects and soon word got out that I could do it. My phone rang like a customer care rep, I charged 1k per software and all I had to do was get source codes and modify. It was not easy cos I had to get familiar with php syntax.

I didnt sleep for two days cos I needed the money badly, my girlfriend complained that I am just doing 1k work and no longer giving her any time and wonders what will happen if I get a 100k job.

I ended up working for 12 groups, and together with the much needed cash came popularity and they started seeing me as a computer geek...lol.

Please share yours

NB: please check out my portfolio "https//:simeonogewebsite. web. app
please remove the white spaces.

That's the problem with most Nigerian University lecturers, they feel the opinion of students is not so important.
But kudos to you for trusting in Google.
You used your peers ignorance to cash out.

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Brilliant Idea That I Want To Turn To A App / Does Anyone Here Know About Olumycosoft Internships ? / Laravel Tutorial PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.