Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! (10237 Views)

John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon / John Grisham Fan Club / Robert Ludlum Or John Grisham? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by yinkalink(f): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2011
Am an avid reader of John Grisham's books,so i kn his books r fiction bordering on d edge of reality. His books always have nat-so-happily-ever-after endings. To mention a few,look at D Partner, D King of Torts, D Associate but most importantly D Appeal. Wen i finished that book,i felt lyk crying. Share ur own opinion
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
The worst is d partner! I felt so sorry for Lanigan. sad sad sad

Imaging after all the scheming, pains and classic moves - only to be duped by a girl he so much trust! cry cry cry

Eva Miranda - pure representation of today's women - unpredictable! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Nhanha(f): 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
The appeal had such a harsh heart breaking ending, i know that the ending is what happens in most cases but i think the patrons and their clients deserved a happy ending.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Enoquin(f): 9:24am On Apr 26, 2011
I initially thought 'The Chamber' was cruel, not until I read 'The Partner'. I have read 15 or 16 of John Grisham's and I don't know why I keep picking up his novels. Another annoying one was one whose name I can't really recall, the guy won against a big corporation only for the corp to file an appeal, this meant that his victory was short-lived(paper victory) since the young lawyer didn't even have the funds to start the first trial in the first place, so an appeal would totally overwhelming.
The one you just mentioned was even more annoying. I think I read it late last year. I read it together with one other annoying James Patterson novel, so imagine how miserable I was that whole week. When the young Judge's son had that accident, I thought that finally he must know the anguish that the plaintiffs were going through.
I think an author has the right to add twists to his novel as he/she see fit but this was particularly cruel. I guess this dashes our fairy tale hopes of good people getting their reward in the end,
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by yinkalink(f): 9:51am On Apr 26, 2011
That was either d Rainmaker or d King of Torts. Meanwhile,his non-legal book v relatively gud endings
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Nobody: 11:35am On May 08, 2011
yinkalink:

That was either d Rainmaker or d King of Torts. Meanwhile,his non-legal book v relatively gud endings

Gosh Yinkalink you're a novel fiend just like I am! Yeah so far, The Appeal has been the worst ending for me, but I have one or two other J. Grisham books in my stockpile that I haven't read yet.
Have you read Skipping Christmas? I couldn't imagine J. Grisham could write a novel like that! So atypical of him.

And ehem *clears throat* the emboldened word in your post, non-legal literally means illegal. I know what you mean though. I'm just a stickler for correctness undecided
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by yinkalink(f): 12:04pm On May 08, 2011
Yea i am,a book fiend dat is
Darn!U‘r ryt.Thanks 4 d heads up anywae.
Read all of his bks xcpt d brethren n skippn xmas
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 08, 2011
Ah, you should Skipping Christmas. It's a great short story. Very comical too. So what are you reading now? Have you read any of Vince Flynn's books?
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by yinkalink(f): 8:21pm On May 08, 2011
Will do.no,he any good?
Do u read bks by; Michael connely,Tess gerritsen?Wat abt d Sherlock holmes series?
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 08, 2011
Oh man!! Sherlock Holmes? I've got the whole collection! I love S. Holmes. I've got some other works by A. Doyle but haven't gotten to them yet. I'm afraid I haven't come across M. Connely or T. Gerritsen. What genre do they write?
V. Flynn is pretty decent. He writes political thrillers. All that CIA, counter terrorism, kinda stuff. But my gosh! S. Holmes?!? I'm still reeling, girl! You're astounding!
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by yinkalink(f): 9:09pm On May 08, 2011
When u sae all, do u mean all d bks? Wow!Am impressed myself.wat abt d James Bond series by Ian Fleming n Shakespeare?
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 08, 2011
Ah yes. All the works on S. Holmes by Sir A. Doyle. Well, I have the James bond series but haven't gotten around to reading them yet. And ofcourse while in High School we were compelled to read Macbeth. As soon as I can get my hands on Hamlet, Othello and the rest, I'll gobble them up. What about you, mam?
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by yinkalink(f): 9:43pm On May 08, 2011
U shld read ‘em,u‘l hate d movies.v read al of Shakespeare works,thou i wasnt a literature studnt.went 2 an only sci-sch
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 09, 2011
I was in the science class myself, but English Lit. was compulsory undecided
So let me get this, you've read all of Shakespeare shocked
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by yinkalink(f): 7:46pm On May 09, 2011
Yep,
D stories, d poems,d whole carboodle.we v d complete works,i cant quote him thou cos i dont believe in it
Re: The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! by Tinyemeka(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
yinkalink: Am an avid reader of John Grisham's books,so i kn his books r fiction bordering on d edge of reality. His books always have nat-so-happily-ever-after endings. To mention a few,look at D Partner, D King of Torts, D Associate but most importantly D Appeal. Wen i finished that book,i felt lyk crying. Share ur own opinion

Hmmm. Funny I finished the book just 2 days ago and the ending felt so un-Grishamlike. I'd bought that book together with 'The Broker'. Needless to say that I was very tempted on several occasions to sneak a peek at end of the Broker story to see if Backman/Marco survived the CIA evil plan. I patiently read on though till the end. I felt that Grisham was devoting way too much time in describing the Italian scenery, to the detriment of the action pace of the plot. Grisham didn't give the ending a full closure but at least, it wasn't as heart-rending as The Appeal.

I didn't feel that bad after I finished The Partner.

(1) (Reply)

I Did Not Rape Christiana / Sugar Daddy Chronicles (18+) / Souloho19 Wins July 5k Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.