Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets (34798 Views)

Alex Otti's LP Supporters Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center At Obingwa L.G.A / Soldiers Take Over Streets Of Abuja / PDP Youths Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center In Kano Until Result Is Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Doraty1(f): 7:16pm On May 06, 2021
Residents living on Douglas road, Ama-JK, Ikenegbu, Royce, Njamanze, Orji, Amakohia, Akwakuma and MCC road in Owerri, the Imo State capital, are now keeping vigil against unknown gunmen whose activities had wreaked havoc in the state.

DAILY POST correspondent who interacted with some of the residents reports that the crisis-prone areas seemed to have experienced relative peace as residents now thread with caution.

A provisions seller who lives in Amakohia said, “you can see that people are now closing their shops early for fear of the unknown gunmen. Because no one knows when they will strike.

“I used to close my shop by 11pm but not anymore. This time around, I close by 8pm. I have to save my life.”

The woman who refused her name in print recalled the series of armed robbery and kidnapping incidents that had taken place in the past couple of weeks.

She said, “my neighbour was recently kidnapped. She was released just last week after the family paid a huge sum for ransom.

“There is virtually no day that passes without any case of robbery or kidnapping in Owerri. We are really scared of the situation.

“The government, on its own, is not doing well in arresting the situation. They should know that peoples lives are involved and beef up the security architecture.”

A survey along the Orji, MCC and Douglas areas of the state capital revealed that traders occupying the busy roads have taken the same step of closing up their wares on time because, according to them, the bandits often strike at night.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/06/imo-residents-keep-vigil-as-armed-robbers-take-over-streets/?amp&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by inoki247: 7:16pm On May 06, 2021
lol Na there brother's from Jail....

Las las everybody go dey alright..

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by helinues: 7:18pm On May 06, 2021
Escapees... They have no work, they must survive.

Movement of ammunitions would be so easy as there are no more much of security checkpoints

Infested woods .....

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by AdolfAboki(m): 7:19pm On May 06, 2021
That's their business. They can burn down Alaigbo, I don't care. The reason I am on this thread is to warn the Igbo not to touch any Northerner, or else, I will invade the South East and colonize them like the Igalas colonized their ancestors!

So they should be careful not to provoke any Northerner as an attack against any Northerner is an attack against Adolf Aboki! I dun talk my own finish. Dare me and see!

Nigeria must better, by fire by force!

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by mekaboy(m): 7:19pm On May 06, 2021
So his business is negatively affected. All hail Biafra . grin grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by MAGG0T(m): 7:20pm On May 06, 2021
cheesy

Imagine the idiot blogger who posted this trash in other to generate traffic, which imo state citizens...

Omo .. owerri is cool than Eva stop exaggerating rubbish here...or no be the same owerri I stay again? I can see dogs are already on the lose

145 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by nedu666: 7:22pm On May 06, 2021
Daily post the fake news mouth piece of fulanis
Believe any news at your own peril

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by mouthofThegod: 7:23pm On May 06, 2021
DSS dem dey try...dailypost,Una Weldone.
Dem dey use Una well well grin grin
Una suppose report say Every Igbo man don die,that one go dey more credible grin grin
We dey wait for Una brother dailytrust to report another chapter of the conspiracy...
Na Una go tire las las...Up Biafra!

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Conrod: 7:23pm On May 06, 2021
@OP nothing interest you these days than oriental matters.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by funkekemi(f): 7:27pm On May 06, 2021
Doraty1:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/06/imo-residents-keep-vigil-as-armed-robbers-take-over-streets/?amp&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

which imo state ? The one I'm in right now ...this is fake news , I'm at wethral by cherubim junction and people are moving without fear

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Armaggedon: 7:34pm On May 06, 2021
Just like anywhere else in Nigeria
Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by SoftChordz: 7:42pm On May 06, 2021
Owerri don cool pass sef, my guy wey de owerri reason me. Say since cops don run Owerri don calm pass when coos de de extort ppl and other nefarious things.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by triple996(m): 7:46pm On May 06, 2021
gringrin gringringrin gringringrin grin
Speechless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by peteregwu(m): 7:51pm On May 06, 2021
AdolfAboki:
That's their business. They can burn down Alaigbo, I don't care. The reason I am on this thread is to warn the Igbo not to touch any Northerner, or else, I will invade the South East and colonize them like the Igalas colonized their ancestors!

So they should be careful not to provoke any Northerner as an attack against any Northerner is an attack against Adolf Aboki! I dun talk my own finish. Dare me and see!

Nigeria must better, by fire by force!

Guy calm down and concentrate on boko haram, bandits and kidnappers and allow the igbos to deal with their issue. Now, buhari is on the knees of the bandits and terrorists. This is not a joking matter.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by mu2sa2: 8:19pm On May 06, 2021
I said it before that after sacking police they will definitely turn on the populace. Kanu who is inciting them is living in the safety of his country. Una never see anything. Only God can save the igbo from the igbo.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by meolaniyi(m): 8:21pm On May 06, 2021
Daily trust is doing all they can to bring back criminal police on the streets of lgbo people
Fulani news paper

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Rosskiiku: 8:36pm On May 06, 2021
SoftChordz:
Owerri don cool pass sef, my guy wey de owerri reason me. Say since cops don run Owerri don calm pass when coos de de extort ppl and other nefarious things.

Keep living in denial.

Owerri without police presence is a goldmine for all sorts of miscreants and criminals.

Oh wait!!! Igbos are angels who don't commit crimes against each other.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by azpelicueta: 8:38pm On May 06, 2021
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:38pm On May 06, 2021
A provisions seller who lives in Amakohia said, “you can see that people are now closing their shops early for fear of the unknown gunmen. Because no one knows when they will strike.
“I used to close my shop by 11pm but not anymore. This time around, I close by 8pm. I have to save my life.”
Just imagine, being a prisoner in your own village!!

Yours truly posted the below around 10 Days ago.....

#Justification

Madzi Cownu, u no go ever die better wherever you are hiding for all the robberies, killings and violence you are causing in Nigeria through your brainwashed swines.
Soon, Your end will be terrible.
The blood of the innocents will haunt you down, you can never escape it.
No be curse,
Na FACT!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by slawormiir: 8:39pm On May 06, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:39pm On May 06, 2021
Unknown Gunmen have a target, common men and private citizens no be there wahala. This is a very big lie by the media trying to cause panic in IMO. We are only awake against fulani bandits and herdsmen that may want to attack as a vendetta. We won't be taken unawares. Owerri is my base and nothing like panic or fear in us.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Ololanla: 8:39pm On May 06, 2021
Buhari is a failure!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 06, 2021
Side effect of allowing rule of thug

That's why supporting the unknown gunmen because 'the police are evil and heavyhanded'...and clapping as policemen and women get shot and beaten up...is very counterproductive.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by olatuns2017: 8:40pm On May 06, 2021

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by pieces18: 8:41pm On May 06, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:42pm On May 06, 2021
helinues:
Escapees... They have no work, they must survive.

Movement of ammunitions would be so easy as there are no more much of security checkpoints

Infested woods .....

Do you feel such great concern for northerners?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Eriokanmi: 8:42pm On May 06, 2021
Wetin you expect as dem don blow their police station and kill the officers finish . The next thing is anarchy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:42pm On May 06, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Unknown Gunmen have a target, common men and private citizens no be there wahala. This is a very big lie by the media trying to cause panic in IMO..

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Residents Keep Vigil As Armed Robbers Take Over Streets by Jarman411(m): 8:42pm On May 06, 2021
I'm in Owerri. I'm just enjoying the shit. Hoping to hear more gunshots tonight. Buhari the Kraz

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weapons Recovered As Troops Neutralize Boko Haram Terrorists In Lake Chad.Photos / Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ / Bamgbose Tells Tinubu: Buhari Has Killed Your Ambition, You Can’t Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.