Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. (19243 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Why We Mix Hypo, Detergents And Potash With Cassava -fufu Producers | / My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Krak:

Can this also work on a farm planted with maize and okra?
nope! it will not work, either of the two will kill okra except it has not germinate when you spray it. Do you think okra will do well with maize? Cos I don't think so!
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
Fertilizer was apply on Friday and Saturday. Cassava planting is in progress...I will make sure I detail it and post on IG or YouTube by weekend.

1 Share

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2021
It has due for second spraying(unwanted weed control) now, and insecticide application too.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 1:57am On Jun 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
nope! it will not work, either of the two will kill okra except it has not germinate when you spray it. Do you think okra will do well with maize? Cos I don't think so!

That means I should stop the plan to grow both together. But I need my okra farm to be free from weeds, though I have not planted yet.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by josh6633: 7:01am On Jun 22, 2021
More videos pls, good work. Pls is striker a selective herbicide for maize only
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by willybaby(m): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
It has due for second spraying(unwanted weed control) now, and insecticide application too.
yea, insecticide is really needed, army worms and co are currently flexing
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by willybaby(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
has your casava been planted, if yes how was it planted, same row in between the maize or next row beside the maize
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
Krak:

That means I should stop the plan to grow both together. But I need my okra farm to be free from weeds, though I have not planted yet.
don't plant them together, maize will spoil it.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
josh6633:
More videos pls, good work. Pls is striker a selective herbicide for maize only
yes, striker and guard force, it will kill every plant provided it is still between 2-3weeks old except maize.. don't worry more videos loading... it because of work load.. harvesting tomato, cucumber preparation, cassava and maize, you will agree with me it not easy to be doing action in the middle grin grin grin of work. Don't worry I will try! I appreciate man!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
willybaby:
has your casava been planted, if yes how was it planted, same row in between the maize or next row beside the maize
planting is still in progress, hopefully it will finish by weekend. Same row between the maize.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by josh6633: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
yes, striker and guard force, it will kill every plant provided it is still between 2-3weeks old except maize.. don't worry more videos loading... it because of work load.. harvesting tomato, cucumber preparation, cassava and maize, you will agree with me it not easy to be doing action in the middle grin grin grin of work. Don't worry I will try! I appreciate man!!!!!

Thanks for the enlightenment I really appreciate. Proud of u. Pls can u send me your number
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 11:21am On Jun 23, 2021
@ farmer akinloye.

What brand of maize seeds did you buy?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Wierdceo: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
planting is still in progress, hopefully it will finish by weekend. Same row between the maize.
It's a really good job. Please keep us updated. I am getting inspired by this.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
Movement of stem to farm and planting.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
The first and second batch respectfully..I planted the cassava at once and spray striker and 2-4d immediately... check my channel for more insight.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
northbird:
@ farmer akinloye.

What brand of maize seeds did you buy?

I named the maize farmerakinloye 111 grin have being planting This particular varieties for so long and it has never disappoint me... there is even one agro shop that always demand 1-2 tones every year,he will dress and package it.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by northbird: 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I named the maize farmerakinloye 111 grin have being planting This particular varieties for so long and it has never disappoint me... there is even one agro shop that always demand 1-2 tones every year,he will dress and package it.

Thanks . Is the shop in akure,so that when the time comes to buy.

2. Is it yellow maize.? How is the maize market during harvest in Akure like? Do they buy in bags like cucumber or in pieces or is it buying a full urvan?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
northbird:

Thanks . Is the shop in akure,so that when the time comes to buy.

2. Is it yellow maize.? How is the maize market during harvest in Akure like? Do they buy in bags like cucumber or in pieces or is it buying a full urvan?

1. yes in akure 2. Anyhow you want to sell be you fresh or dry. Any method or medium there is buyers for it.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 12:35am On Jun 28, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Movement of stem to farm and planting.
what is the current price of a bundle of Cassava stems?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Krak:
what is the current price of a bundle of Cassava stems?
good variety #500 not negotiable 1m by 40 sticks. Minimum of 130 bundle.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Justmeara: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Kudos to farmer Akinloye and other farmers on this platform. I have been a guest on Nairaland for years, but today I registered as member so I can have access to the wealth of knowledge of the great farmers on this forum. My first comment on this section. Thank you all for been open minded

2 Likes

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2021
Justmeara:
Kudos to farmer Akinloye and other farmers on this platform. I have been a guest on Nairaland for years, but today I registered as member so I can have access to the wealth of knowledge of the great farmers on this forum. My first comment on this section. Thank you all for been open minded
you are most welcome! More update loading by weekend...
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
1st and 2nd, 1 week after application of 2-4d and striker, weed is still dying why maize and cassava growing... I applied insecticide Wednesday and Thursday, by next week the farm will take proper shape.

3 Likes

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
Cassava start germinate... My next spraying ( contact herbicide) will probably be month ending or first week of August. My work is less now so I will have time for many grin action next week.

4 Likes

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2021
1st batch, maize growing and weed dying. If you look at the 3rd picture you notice cassava growing too, it will be obvious by next week.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2021
2nd batch growing too!

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Audinowing(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
This is quite interesting. the future is farming
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
1st and 2nd, 1 week after application of 2-4d and striker, weed is still dying why maize and cassava growing... I applied insecticide Wednesday and Thursday, by next week the farm will take proper shape.

Which insecticides did you use on the farm and must someone notice any insects or their damage before using insecticides?

I am actually following in your footsteps. I planted on about 4 plots of land and I intend to follow exactly what you are doing here. I planted the maize on the 2nd of July.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
Krak:

Which insecticides did you use on the farm and must someone notice any insects or their damage before using insecticides?

I am actually following in your footsteps. I planted on about 4 plots of land and I intend to follow exactly what you are doing here. I planted the maize on the 2nd of July.
good! Caterpillar force, it not compulsory to see the sign, once it three weeks old apply it. Note! Make sure your cassava has not germinate nor has any leaf before you do second spray! If it has either striker or 2-4d will kill it. Do your second spray the following day you plant cassava.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
good! Caterpillar force, it not compulsory to see the sign, once it three weeks old apply it. Note! Make sure your cassava has not germinate nor has any leaf before you do second spray! If it has either striker or 2-4d will kill it. Do your second spray the following day you plant cassava.
So this means that you do second spray the same period that you apply Caterpillar force.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Dayo1988: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2021
Bros is not good to use strike and 2 4d together it will affect d Maize and d grow will slow down
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Dayo1988: 6:54am On Jul 08, 2021
Bros what is ur potential yield per hectre and how many kg did u plant , bcous I also planted maize , akure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ganduje Inspects Wheat, Rice And Tomatoes Farms In Kano (Photos) / Turkey, Chicken Prices Goes Up In Nigerian Market / Coscharis Is Developing Infrastructures For Dry Season Farming In Anambra- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.