Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. (19230 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Why We Mix Hypo, Detergents And Potash With Cassava -fufu Producers | / My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:45am On Aug 01, 2021
Audinowing:
Is it advisable to plant cassava in September?
yes, some people even say that is the best time.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by aliadi2: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2021
I saw your video on YouTube were you said you plan to sell the maize dried and deshell it . Are you going to leave the maize on the stand unitil it dries with the leave before you pluck it or how will you do it.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:58am On Aug 03, 2021
aliadi2:
I saw your video on YouTube were you said you plan to sell the maize dried and deshell it . Are you going to leave the maize on the stand unitil it dries with the leave before you pluck it or how will you do it.
yes, I will leave it to dry, bring guys to pluck it then bring sheller machine to shell it.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by willybaby(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
yes, I will leave it to dry, bring guys to pluck it then bring sheller machine to shell it.
here draught is seriously dealing with us, no rain since first week of June, any advice on what to do when the rain finally comes, our maize are looking terrible
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Maize is fully mature now, why cassava is growing... Third spraying is ongoing (contact herbicide) I will share some insight by weekend, and drop video by next week..... busy.....too much! These days.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by agboncol: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2021
Thank you sir, is Lagon good for Cassava farm. Will it kill Cassava
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2021
agboncol:
Thank you sir, is Lagon good for Cassava farm. Will it kill Cassava
l don't like it..it need some level of moisture to be effective...and if seven days after application rain do not fall, be sure you have successfully waste your money..I will rather do manual weeding #20,000 per hectare.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by webhostbiz: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2021
How much to clear 1 hectare of land manually in Akure?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Liadi2(m): 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
Here is my cassava farm it will clock two months by the end of this month. Only cassava I did weeding recently when the herbicide fail me.

3 Likes

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
Liadi2:
Here is my cassava farm it will clock two months by the end of this month. Only cassava I did weeding recently when the herbicide fail me.
nice one sir!
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
If am not Dodging anything, I always use the (spread) first nozzle, like when am spraying glyphosate or striker, and 15 load of 16litre knapsack will cover 1 hectare (15plot/2.5acres) if am dodging, I will use the second nozzle, like if I want to spray contact (control spray) herbicide inside cassava farm, and 20 load of 16litres knapsack will cover 1 hectare (15plot/2.5 acres), sometimes if the weed is dense it can be 24 load.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
webhostbiz:
How much to clear 1 hectare of land manually in Akure?
20k, though depend on density sometime.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
If you are doing control spraying in cassava farm make sure the herbicide don't touch immature stem part, if it touch that part, it will weakens it, and sometimes break when it rain.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2021
Serious weed control with contact herbicide is ongoing. Maize begin to dry, why cassava begin to overtake maize. Am using manual labourer for other portion, because I don't trust them with my chemical. When the maintenance is finish I will show the length on my IG or channel.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by webhostbiz: 5:54am On Sep 07, 2021
Is Ploughing farmland with harrowing good for maize and cassava?

Should I used manual clearing for my 1 hectare farmland?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
webhostbiz:
Is Ploughing farmland with harrowing good for maize and cassava?

Should I used manual clearing for my 1 hectare farmland?
1. Yes it is good but I will prefer plough and ridge. 2. If you do manual clearing, you will need to pack,burn then make heaps. Do I answer your question?

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2021
The maize has dry completely now, infact cassava has overtake it. I will arrange boys to harvest and shell it with machine latest by next.

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Textra(m): 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
This is quite amazing and impressive.

Please, is it possible to have your contact? Or email.

I want to really detail, how much it will cost me to start this even if it is 1 hectare.

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
The maize has dry completely now, infact cassava has overtake it. I will arrange boys to harvest and shell it with machine latest by next.

Pls which post emergent herbicide is best for cassava? Weeds have taken over my cassava farm and the cassava are still young.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by letsfarmnigeria: 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
Join us as we visit farms to learn best ways of farming , look at mistakes made and discuss solutions simply visit letusfarm on facebook and youtube like and follow the pages for up to date analysis

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by benuejosh: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2021
You tried very well o. Just say plenty BUT der. Weldone with your work.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Krak:

Pls which post emergent herbicide is best for cassava? Weeds have taken over my cassava farm and the cassava are still young.
since weed has taken over the farm, your best option is manual weeding 18-22k per hectare, depending on weed density though. Farmtech pls delete this cattle guy post Spamming thread!
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Yankee101: 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
Too much herbicide application. Not healthy at all

And mixing two high fertilizer demanding crops is not efficient land management

The cassava came in a bit too early, it looks to leafy and grew too fast, might affect eventual tuber sizes

I'll advise mixing legumes like red beans and maize. After you harvest you plant cassava

That way you get 3 crops, use less fertilizer and herbicide (go with manual weeding if possible, your harvests can't be sold in organic stores)
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by FarmTech(m): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2021
Krak:

I used glyphosate on mine when the cassava were young. But I made very sure that no single drop touch the leaves. A safer one is Paraquat. I used that too.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2021
FarmTech:

I used glyphosate on mine when the cassava were young. But I made very sure that no single drop touch the leaves. A safer one is Paraquat. I used that too.

One of my friends suggested I use Lifeline but I could not find it in my area, I think I will settle for glyphosate and apply it carefully.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Krak(m): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
since weed has taken over the farm, your best option is manual weeding 18-22k per hectare, depending on weed density though. Farmtech pls delete this cattle guy post Spamming thread!

It is just an acre and the manual laborers here charge is so exorbitant.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:58am On Oct 18, 2021
Krak:

One of my friends suggested I use Lifeline but I could not find it in my area, I think I will settle for glyphosate and apply it carefully.
you need to be a professional, and a very careful person if you are considering using glyphosate in a cassava farm, which I don't advise! A drop on any part of it leaf can kill it or set it back seriously.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2021
Krak:

It is just an acre and the manual laborers here charge is so exorbitant.
if it acre (6 plot) maximum should be 10k.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2021
Pls who knows current price per tone of a dry maize?.. I don't want to be cheated cheesy
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by solace89(m): 3:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Pls who knows current price per tone of a dry maize?.. I don't want to be cheated cheesy
Nice thread this, it’s unfortunate somehow that it’s this late I stumbled on this thread. We did plant the same thing, being my first time I must say dem exploit me so badly having read through all ur posts. But I’m glad I came across this thread. All this measures you took would have saved me the crazy costs of having to do manual weeding x2 already with exorbitant costs. My maize too I left it dry but they’re pricing it like say I go steal am, so I was advised to just buy a good sack and store it till when the price will go up again at a time when all maize harvest must have been done by most farmer thereby making it a bit scare ie, time when people are trying to replant again. But if I see sure plug wey go pay better money now, cus I have had to do a lot of borrowing (loan) here and there just to get to this point. I dunno if it’s possible to have your contact 0please, I’m heading to your YouTube page now to see visuals too. I must say you are doing a great job here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ganduje Inspects Wheat, Rice And Tomatoes Farms In Kano (Photos) / Turkey, Chicken Prices Goes Up In Nigerian Market / Coscharis Is Developing Infrastructures For Dry Season Farming In Anambra- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.