Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Me & My Daughter... Part 2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Me & My Daughter... Part 2 (177 Views)

See The Food Given to my daughter today in school by Government. / My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Me & My Daughter... Part 2 by ocaugustine(m): 4:43am On May 07, 2021
I will continue with the story about me and my little daughter...

I just brought her back from school and she asked me, scramble or chess.

I told her PS and she shouted YESSSS, "Daddy you're the best." She rushed into her room to keep her school bag.

She have learnt how to say, "you're the best" because I always tell her that and my colleagues in my office..

Few minutes later, she came out from her room fully ready to win me. Sometimes in life you lose to win, that's why I do allow her to win to boost her ego and make happy and other times I do win.

Why not allow her win always? You might be asking.

I do that for her to taste defeat. I want her to know in life you don't always win and for her to be happy for others when they win.

So, anytime I win she will smile and tell me, "daddy you're the best." I always told her that after outplaying me in any game.

She joined me in the kitchen and I was preparing noodles for her with egg.

She smiled and told me, "daddy thank you for taking care of me."

I was shocked to hear that from her and I said to her, "it's my responsibility and I'm happy doing it" and she nodded slowly.

I asked her, how was school and what they learnt. She articulately told me everything they did in school for that day. I asked her any assignment and she nodded her head. She then told me, her classmate's father asked her for my number.

SILENCE...

I looked at her and smiled. She told me her classmate told her father how she normally shout "that's my daddy" anytime she sees me in her school and my reply to her.

So, you gave him my number. She nodded again with smiles on her face. I looked at her and said, it's fine.

Wait, that was not the first time, not even the tenth time. I can't even remember because I was receiving call almost everyday with the caller introducing him/herself as a parent to a child in her school.

And this marked the beginning of something I never planned for my daughter and myself...

To be continued:

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Nigeria's Quality Of Education Is Falling / Lesson You Should Learn About Visits / Parents Beat And Throw School Principal Out Of Her Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.