Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,693,874 members, 6,348,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 June 2021 at 11:10 PM

How To Quit Your Job, Build A Business And Live Anywhere - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Quit Your Job, Build A Business And Live Anywhere (79 Views)

Why Did You Quit Your Last Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Quit Your Job, Build A Business And Live Anywhere by Nfora: 12:54pm On May 07
Have you ever felt like quitting your job and move to an exotic country?
Sean Ogle did exactly that. In 2009, Sean quit his job and moved to Thailand. Sounds like fun?

He set out on a project called Location 180 where he started writing about building a business one can run from anywhere on earth and living a life worth writing about.

Read Raw Transcript Now:

Success Harbor:Hi Everyone. This is George Meszaros with Success Harbor and I have Sean Ogle with me. He is the man behind Location180. Welcome.

Sean Ogle:Thanks for having me. I’m glad to be here.

Success Harbor:Thanks for being here Sean. Tell me what happened to you during a trip to Brazil that had a huge impact on your life. This is something that I read on your blog. You said Brazil started it all for you. How did that happen?

Sean Ogle:Yes. So in 2009 I was working as a financial analyst in Portland, Oregon and it wasn’t really what I wanted to be doing you know. The stock market had collapsed so it wasn’t really a fun industry to be in and I had saved up all my vacation time for a year to go down to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the carnival celebration with my best friends and we were down there for two weeks. We danced in the carnival parade. We went hang-gliding over in Rio. We went to Wazoo Falls. It was really one of you know the best trips I could have ever had and the last day, my friend and I were sitting on Copa Cabana beach drinking coconuts you know, looking out at the beautiful weather and we just kind of realized we should be able to do this whenever we want you know. I was at a point where I couldn’t go get my oil changed on a Tuesday if I needed to. I had to come up with excuses to get out of work to do things like that and so it was after that trip I got back and was like you know what, let’s try something else. Let’s you knowstart a businessor let’s see what I can do to get out of myjoband do something that would make me a little bit happier. And it definitely helped that the day I got back from Brazil I got a twenty percent pay cut because of you know what the financial markets had done so you know that just apushed me in the right direction.

Success Harbor:Okay. Now you started Location180 in 2009 if I understand correctly. What were your goals with you know, Location 180 back in 2009 regardless of what it has become today? What would have made you happy back then?

Sean Ogle:Yes, so basically I started Location180 about two months after I got back from Brazil and my whole goal at the time for the site was to hold myself accountable for all the stuff I wanted to do in life. So I created my Bucket List and I wrote a list of all the stuff that I wanted to do. I started writing about how I was unhappy with my job and I was looking for a change and I didn’t know what that change was going to look like but I knew that if I put it out there and there were people reading it I was going to be much more likely to follow through with all the stuff that I had been talking about doing for a long time.

Success Harbor:So you’ve been blogging for about five years now but at what point did itbecome a business? You know initially I don’t know if, you know, doing this as a business was number one priority but at one point did it become a source of revenue for you and a business?

https://naijafora.com/community/entrepreneurship/how-to-quit-your-job-build-a-business-and-live-anywhere/#post-1160

(1) (Reply)

Physics, Cultural And Creative Art And Islamic Studies Teacher / Accessbet Agents Needed / Driver & Dispatch Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.