Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? (2355 Views)

Gardening: How To Water Plants For A Month At No Cost (Pictures) / Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2021
I started gardening last week of April. I planted pumpkin seeds and they have started germinating but i noticed a change in color in some of their leaves. Some of the plants are not so greenish while some are. Pls anything wrong?

See pics below
Pic1&2...not greenish

Pic 3&4..green plants

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 1:39pm On May 07, 2021
Question 2
I also planted lemon basil leaves and Basil leaves. Is there anyone that has planted them before? How did u go about their growth? What were your observations?

Pls let's relate...i love gardening embarassed
Pics below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by Ebookherbs(m): 2:12pm On May 07, 2021
please is that your ugu even matured enough to be even planted?

the ugu though looks premature

you should have checked the seeds well before planting

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by Shellsploit: 2:17pm On May 07, 2021
The seedlings were not matuted enoff for planting.. what did u plant there previously before the pumpkin seeds...

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2021
Progress report

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 3:55pm On May 10, 2021
Pumpkin growing cheesy

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by Adlac(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2021
CaSttLe:
Progress report

You have no course to fear. Apply fertilizer (Urea & NPK 15:15:15) @ two weeks and enjoy the commercial quantities.

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 4:54pm On May 10, 2021
Adlac:

You have no course to fear. Apply fertilizer (Urea & NPK 15:15:15) @ two weeks and enjoy the commercial quantities.
More cheesy

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2021
My curry plant has already pinned 2 d ground

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 4:56pm On May 10, 2021
Scent leaves stem..the old leaves have all fallen off...new leaves coming up

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 4:58pm On May 10, 2021
My yam grin

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by oluwatosin88: 5:54pm On May 10, 2021
You are doing well

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2021
Pumpkin Progress
But night caterpillars are already chewing my leaves o what should I do?

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:51am On May 18, 2021
Fresh Pumpkin sprouting

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2021
Yam is growing still wonder why there are no leaves yet

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2021
Curry and basil leaves section

Curry leaves strive better than the basil leaves. Most of the basil leaves have dried up. Just left with one or two by ur far right

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2021
Good morning any suggestions or advice? Jidestroud
Oyetpel Stowemonday
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by cattlefarming01: 2:36pm On May 18, 2021
Our goal is to supply farmers with an effective liquid organic fertilizer to help farmers increase their harvest yield per hectare to ensure farming becomes profitable for them and for food security in Nigeria.

Agric - Zyme 3X is an organic fertilizer fortified with soil conditioner and pesticide all in one.

Why You Should Use Agric - Zyme 3X Organic Fertilizer

It increases crop yield

It enriches the soil with nutrients

Restores damaged soils

100% organic and environmentally friendly

Increases farmers profit

Bountiful harvest becomes a reality with Agric -Zyme 3X

How To Apply

Simply dilute 1 bottle of Agric-Zyme 3X into 100 litres of water and apply directly into the soil around the crops and on the leaves 2 weeks after planting. Repeat after two weeks, weed normally and except bumper harvest

For delivery of the product, kindly call us on 08033492090

To learn more about our product visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2021
Jidestroud pls can I see a pic of what ur tomato and pepper seeds looks like?
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by jidestroud(m): 4:41pm On May 18, 2021
CaSttLe:
Jidestroud pls can I see a pic of what ur tomato and pepper seeds looks like?

At the moment, I ain't involved in any gardening activities. By the way, impressive thing you have going on there. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 5:20pm On May 18, 2021
jidestroud:

At the moment, I ain't involved in any gardening activities. By the way, impressive thing you have going on there. Keep it up.

What happened to ur garden? Just back from ur nice thread of 2017. Your latest post was about starting little cultivation soon
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 5:28pm On May 18, 2021
jidestroud:

And pls any homemade pesticide for caterpillars chewing leaves of ugu and curry leaves? I can’t go through all that 2017 thread.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by nicki1991(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
Hi. Choosing good scissors is difficult enough. It takes me a very long time. And now the moment had come when I bought the best scissors and secateurs. I like to spend time in the garden and work there. Now I enjoy it even more. Because thanks to these tools, my hands are less tired and much more comfortable to work with. I don't get blisters, and they are happy in my hand. I'm pleased with them, and I'm not exaggerating. I have fulfilled my long-held wish. Now I want to buy the same pruning shears and scissors as a gift for my aunt. She also likes to spend time in the garden. I am thrilled with my purchase. I hope that my information was helpful.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
CaSttLe:
My curry plant has already pinned 2 d ground
Please did you plant with the seeds or stem?
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
tikkykay:
Please did you plant with the seeds or stem?
stem
Have u planted yours? hows it going?
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
CaSttLe:

stem

Have u planted yours? hows it going?
I couldn't get any of those. So I intended getting roots through a system Jidestroud tried when he tried planting scent leaf. So far it's not forth coming.
I might have to buy soil and compost because even the jute, bitter leaf, scent leaf planting through stem...none of them worked.
Just surprised they didn't get planted because we have a bitter leaf plant in the compound and water leaves grow from time to time.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
CaSttLe:

And pls any homemade pesticide for caterpillars chewing leaves of ugu and curry leaves? I can’t go through all that 2017 thread.
Neem leaves. Boil them , sieve and spray. He said 1kg of leaves will be boiled with ABT 4/5 litres of water. If I remember correctly.

1 Like

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by jidestroud(m): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
tikkykay:

I couldn't get any of those. So I intended getting roots through a system Jidestroud tried when he tried planting scent leaf. So far it's not forth coming.
I might have to buy soil and compost because even the jute, bitter leaf, scent leaf planting through stem...none of them worked.
Just surprised they didn't get planted because we have a bitter leaf plant in the compound and water leaves grow from time to time.
That's rather strange . All you mentioned with the exception of Jute (ewedu) can be propagated using stem cutting.
(Sorry for the late response)
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by IamAsiri: 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
jidestroud:

That's rather strange . All you mentioned with the exception of Jute (ewedu) can be propagated using stem cutting.
(Sorry for the late response)

Even I tried that method and it definitely worked. Maybe the water was not enough or the plant was not submerged enough.
Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by CaSttLe(m): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
tikkykay:

How come ur soil isn't helping matter? Where's your location?

Before planting...prepare ur soil,get chicken droppings and till together with d soil and wet it for a week. Then start ur planting.

Try planting stems with all d leaves still intact. When u buy ur curry just select the ones for planting and dont pluck their leaves. Plant either in d morning or at evening when d weather is still cool and them water

2 Likes

Re: Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? by tikkykay: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
CaSttLe:

How come ur soil isn't helping matter? Where's your location?

Before planting...prepare ur soil,get chicken droppings and till together with d soil and wet it for a week. Then start ur planting.

Try planting stems with all d leaves still intact. When u buy ur curry just select the ones for planting and dont pluck their leaves. Plant either in d morning or at evening when d weather is still cool and them water
Alimosho is my location. I will try to use manure. That's the way I planted the curry. I am yet to see any improvement. I was told it might be because I didn't till the soil. I won't give up. I must plant ugu before the raining season goes completely. Thanks for your concern

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of Cassava Processing Facility In Abuja / Check Out My Eggplant And Tell Me If You Want Some / Raising 153 Day Old Chicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.