Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband (55254 Views)

Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce Becomes Official / Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics) / Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce After 27 years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by baralatie(m): 9:25pm On May 07, 2021
wirinet:

I don't think it has to do with infidelity. There are speculations that the disagreement is over inheritance. Bill has said numerous times that he intend to donate most of his wealth to charity, meanwhile Melissa believes their children should inherit the family fortunes. So it is speculated that Melissa decided to divorce to secure a substantial portion of the family fortune for the children and grandchildren. Bill can then be free to donate all his own half of the fortune to charity.
Now that is a valid reason a woman will typically want to execute
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by just2endowed: 9:28pm On May 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Messi married his long time girlfriend, he doesnt have myopic thinking like most of you,

Later this one will be claiming fan, and he knows nothing about him smh,

So many slow people that can't use ordinary Google.

How are you so sure that Messi wife will not take the inspiration of divorcing Messi after reading Melinda divorce story?
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by EdiskyHarry: 9:33pm On May 07, 2021
3pleDAssistant:
"Civilised" people, abeg no vex oo

But what is the wisdom behind this rule? Why take from the man's propety to give to the woman after separation?

Any body with explanation please
because the white people can be foolish at times.
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by LesbianBoy(m): 9:34pm On May 07, 2021
Hyerin:

Why are you now loosing sleep over what rich people do? Go and make your own money and be single forever so that you won't have the issue of divorce, if it is to arise. At the end of the day, these men are still rich while you're on nairaland wailing on their behalf.

I am neither single or broke. Get that into your head lil girl tongue

And whether they are still rich doesn't change the fact that their ex wives are criminals tongue tongue
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Aflix(m): 9:39pm On May 07, 2021
Hyerin:

Women do not have any unfair advantage over men. Most societies in the world operates on a patriarchal framework and women are the ones bearing the brunt of it all. It is just poverty mindset that is making you think they get what they want when women face alot of barriers by default, eg: wage/income gaps which automatically makes men higher income earners. Ever heard of glass ceiling? And that is sometimes why it appears that divorce favours women because guess what? They're usually the class that earns less due to social, cultural and economic factors.

This conversation is more nuanced than your simple-minded self thinks.
Please, stop posting lies. Can you list 5 organisations that pay ladies in same position/level with men less than the aforementioned men

I don't know where you guys get this crazy opinion from

1 Like

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by robinsonmfon(m): 9:42pm On May 07, 2021
Guy no de quote this girl. She's an attention seeker. Guys should know this by now.
vanvickie:

Really, this is an excuse? So it's the man that disfigured her, yea? Please how did he do that, the children she birthed are they for the man alone? (children that will still reason their mum more than their dad at old age). Ok, so the man that was also disfigured from daily toiling to provide for the family who then pays him for that?
Please give us a better reason...
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 07, 2021
LesbianBoy:

I am neither single or broke. Get that into your head lil girl tongue

And whether they are still rich doesn't change the fact that their ex wives are criminals tongue tongue

Men who aren't broke don't spend a portion of their time pocket watching other men but okay. Perhaps, if you keep chanting it to yourself it might become true.

And didn't Jeff bezos cheat on his wife? You men will never call out misbehaviour from your fellow men but always the loudest when it's time to victim blame. Makes me think, y'all truly closet gays and should be with other men since you go so hard for them. Your moniker, "lesbianboy" supports this argument cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Biglittlelois(f): 9:55pm On May 07, 2021
just2endowed:

How are you so sure that Messi wife will not take the inspiration of divorcing Messi after reading Melinda divorce story?

And it is your problem how?

2 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Biglittlelois(f): 10:00pm On May 07, 2021
FuckThaMod:

Where is your own evidence those guys slept with baby mamas? How are you sure the kids weren't adopted? Oprah was with one man doesn't mean she wasn't whoring in the background. Use your IQ i beg you please

Did this dude just asked if Davido and 2face kids are adopted? Lmao

In order to sound like you have a valid point and argument, you actually sound extremely slow in reasoning and thought process, so I'm done, can't deal with people like you,

Didn't check his moniker before sef, I blame myself

My last response to you.

1 Like

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by LINTUNE(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2021
saphiere:
Yes so. We own the future. How are you?

You met her in-shape (probably curvy shape) you disfigured the shape through childbirth. Can you return her to her original self? No! So you have to pay for the damages.
The child bears the man's name
what kind of stupid talk is this, why must u women claim victim in every situation..you should have blamed God for the changes in your body after child birth cos it's pure biology, it's not any man's fault....If u don't know what to say, STFU... obviously the future can never be female cos wether you like it or not, men will always be men,even God is a male gender..

1 Like

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by koolaid87: 10:11pm On May 07, 2021
Kings999:
Untill men will start having sense, after you made it in life and get married you will still have to have a joint account with your wife or you will let her have access to your account.. for what?
Love and trust is not the same, Jesus said you should love your neighbor not to trust them..
Don't trust a woman even your wife, the woman that keep saying why don't you trust her is the one that will kill you before your time...
If you made money and get married, you don't own any woman any explanation on how to live your life, the only explanation you have is to take care of her and your kids and be a good husband to her, don't be so foolish and let a woman control you even in everything you have, sometimes let her know that she didn't contribute anything for your success...

Bro, your assertion will only work in Nigeria. Even in a defacto relationship in western nations, peroperties are split between couples when things go sour.
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by LINTUNE(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Look at all the hyperventilation from naija men dem, right in their little cubicle, they are typing and crying as if they know the in and out of Bill Gates family, lol

How they can actually say nonsense about Melinda is just beyond me, will a person like Bill go for an opportunist as a wife? They met at a conference in New York and she was working at Microsoft, can't you people read?

This is not even the divorce agreement proceeds, this is Bill giving the wife that they spent 27years of their life together what she rightly deserves without a dent to his billionaire position, with no complaints from him, so why the pains here?

He has given her the billions and moved on, and I'm pretty sure she'd still get more from the divorce proceeds, so keep crying and wailing on something that is not your concern, keep crying....
why does these laws only favors women...why can't men cash out from this same law ....simps are establishing femicentric laws, laws that favouurs women and victimize men.now I understand why the likes of Ronaldo are scared of marriage..
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by TruthHurts1(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2021
An isolated example.

Romanoff:

Oprah Winfrey got rich from a divorce?

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by NoToPile: 10:32pm On May 07, 2021
UDUJ:

The only person that has made some sense so far cool

Like the heading states it's just a stock transfer. The divorce has not being finalized yet. She stands to earn as much as $73 billion US Dollars should the divorce proceedings go smoothly as they never signed a pre-nup.

I am not a fan of divorce but then. ... I just wonder what romance section boys will do when they finalize the divorce , they will just quench,2Billion and they are shouting this much.
Bill gates that transfered shares is not crying, its nairalanders that are weeping in his behalf.

One would have thought after 27years, there shouldn't be any issues in their marriage well....

3 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Romanoff(f): 10:35pm On May 07, 2021
TruthHurts1:
An isolated example.

Thank God for that Isolated example, cause we know there will be many more.

1 Like

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by cooltola(m): 10:38pm On May 07, 2021
Well what you do expect? bad news sell , u do not hear about successful marriage as President Jimmy Carter and his wife or George W Bush and his wife or Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip or RMD and his wife or Tinubu and his wife or John Travolta and his late wife or till death do them apart , the only one that you hear is Kanye divorce Kim, Bill divorce this or that.Then they say marriage na scam, marry the right person, and be the right person, and your marriage go work. Marriage is good when you marry right and do right in your marriage. Good news no dey sell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by baralatie(m): 10:41pm On May 07, 2021
Hyerin:

Men who aren't broke don't spend a portion of their time pocket watching other men but okay. Perhaps, if you keep chanting it to yourself it might become true.

And didn't Jeff bezos cheat on his wife? You men will never call out misbehaviour from your fellow men but always the loudest when it's time to victim blame. Makes me think, y'all truly closet gays and should be with other men since you go so hard for them. Your moniker, "lesbianboy" supports this argument cheesy grin
You see that bezos divorce it has k leg but the two moved on and are happy in there current affairs in life.
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by LesbianBoy(m): 10:41pm On May 07, 2021
Hyerin:

And didn't Jeff bezos cheat on his wife? You men will never call out misbehaviour from your fellow men but always the loudest when it's time to victim blame. Makes me think, y'all truly closet gays and should be with other men since you go so hard for them. Your moniker, "l.esbianboy" supports this argument cheesy grin

Anytime a guy calls out you ladies manipulative ways, the guy gets accused of being broke. Typical! grin grin grin grin

I have nothing to prove to you young lady. If you believe i am broke, your business. tongue

As for my moniker, E be like say you be new comer here. Anyways, I ain't gat that time to explain how I came about it (I have done that countless times). If you think i am also gay, your business tongue tongue

As for jeff bezos cheating on his ex wife, ehen? And so? He had every right to do so gaddamit! She wasn't there during his hustling days, so why should she enjoy him alone? Nonsense!

Na babe wey follow us during our hustling days we no go cheat on......periodt tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by tellwisdom: 10:47pm On May 07, 2021
smasher1:

She waited 27 good years. She realized that the guy is not ready to die and leave the wealth to her. She asked for divorce to spend the money.

You are wise. And she waited that years because she was enjoying herself not because she was patient.
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by baralatie(m): 10:48pm On May 07, 2021
cooltola:
Well what you do expect? bad news sell , u do not hear about successful marriage as President Jimmy Carter and his wife or George W Bush and his wife or Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip or RMD and his wife or Tinubu and his wife or John Travolta and his late wife or till death do them apart , the only one that you hear is Kanye divorce Kim, Bill divorce this or that.Then they say marriage na scam, marry the right person, and be the right person, and your marriage go work. Marriage is good when you marry right and do right in your marriage. Good news no dey sell
As in "I give solid respect to the late Husband of Queen Elizabeth...
The prince phillip duke of edinburgh .the guy na man abeg!
He understood what marriage was,what it entail and what would be required of him.The guy followed his missioned go the letter and told the Queen how he wanted to be buried ever before now
The guys death shook the queen.
I was watching the Queen during the burial ceremony and she was trying hard

2 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by WoundedLamb: 10:58pm On May 07, 2021
BKayy:
The only way women become billionaires is from divorce-VERIFIED FACT
In truth the future is females leeching on successful men to achieve their dreams.

That's why the adage says Behind every successful man is a feminist waiting to either accuse him of rape or file for divorce and take a cut from his wealth"
Ronaldo and Bill Gates are good examples

Verified fact indeed. You guys just type anything and call it fact just to satisfy your argument. Alice Walton, Jacqueline Mars, Kim Kardashian, Oprah Winfrey and many other ladies became millionaires while single or married.

What you've failed to realize is that alimony is paid by the earning gender to the one who took care of the home, and the amount is measured in terms of opportunities forgone. While men pay alimony more often due to the fact that women are believed to be home keepers, women are pay alimony as well especially now that many women are becoming breadwinners. Jennifer Lopez, Anna Faris, Mel B., Kate Winslet, Mary J. Blige, Elizabeth Taylor, Anne Heche, Madonna, etc. paid MILLIONS of US dollars.

If you don't want to pay alimony, you and your wife should be working and also be doing housekeeping equally (or, at least, get her to agree it's her decision not to work). You can't just have a woman running your home while you're making it out there and then you come back home one day after so many year and decide to kick her out; for her to go where? Alimony balances things out.

This is just a stock transfer. Wait till the divorce is over.

4 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Ilekokonit: 10:58pm On May 07, 2021
The worlds 4th richest man cannot make marriage work, Africa's Richest man already has 3 failed marriages. makes you wonder whether marriage is worth it for men.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by just2endowed: 11:30pm On May 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:

And it is your problem how?

No ma'am
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by FuckThaMod: 11:31pm On May 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Did this dude just asked if Davido and 2face kids are adopted? Lmao

In order to sound like you have a valid point and argument, you actually sound extremely slow in reasoning and thought process, so I'm done, can't deal with people like you,

Didn't check his moniker before sef, I blame myself

My last response to you.
Nothing is impossible, you aren't certain cos you weren't there when the prick was entering pussy just like you accused me of not being there when oprah was fuckin other men for cash. Well, i don't need your response
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Jaysane(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2021
Nickisindigo:

Lol 2billion they are complaining what if it's now 50%

2 billion that he ll make back in a minute..smh
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by baralatie(m): 11:55pm On May 07, 2021
Ilekokonit:
The worlds 4th richest man cannot make marriage work, Africa's Richest man already has 3 failed marriages. makes you wonder whether marriage is worth it for men.
I think the challenge of trying to balance the two very different worlds.
On one hand you have money and you are literally responsible for the lives of hundreds of thousands of employees, politicians and competition and one the other hand you have women with their drama.

Same thing that affects the women..there is the love and need for money and there is there drama which should they choose.

At the end it is not a stranger forward answer

1 Like

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by charlesucheh(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2021
Long term project.

This gold digging is epic.

Las! Las! It is a null hypothesis that 70% out of a 100 women who are married to rich men are Gold diggers.

0.75. Shows our research result. Don't ask me the testing method I used..
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Godwin25king: 12:26am On May 08, 2021
Na why Ronaldo never still marry him woman till today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by iampeterben(m): 4:08am On May 08, 2021
Congrats on her new acquired position and title after the divorce.
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by emmaodet: 4:42am On May 08, 2021
Bornsinner7:
A man is not a financial plan

Women have an unfair advantage over men.. if they can't get what they want by being smart, they will get it by being dumb..

They get what they want from Union or from separation

They get it from victimising a person or from playing the victim

Na wa oooo
This comment is really strong.
Re: Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband by Itzlinda(f): 4:50am On May 08, 2021
cooltola:

The odds are just stacked against you. USA has divorce rate of 50% now. Meaning 1 out of every two marriages ends up in divorce. It looks really scary if you know probability.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / List Of Major Recharge Card Dealers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.