Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,473 members, 7,801,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC (17347 Views)

Court Slams ₦5 Milliom Fine On Police Over Reckless Use Of Power / Oyinbo Man To Yahoo Boy: "Your Juju Ain't Working On Me, Renew Your Soap" / "Uber Drivers Now SARS Informants" - Man Says After Being Battered By One (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Ruben225571(m): 5:08pm On May 07, 2021
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has said that it has not issued any notice on social media promising a financial reward for anyone with information that could lead to the arrest of internet fraudsters, popularly known as Yahoo Boys.

The anti-graft agency said the “clarification became necessary following phone calls by citizens wanting to cash in on notices in the social media by fraudsters promising a reward of One Million Naira (N1,000,000) for friends, family, and relatives of Yahoo Boys who hand them over to the EFCC.”

One of the notices with hashtags #EFCC and #beagoodcitizen said, “If you have a Yahoo Yahoo boy as family, friend or relative, kindly hand them over to us, and get a massive reward of 1million naira.”

The EFCC, in a statement by the Head, Media and Publicity, Wilson Uwujaren, advised the public to disregard the notices because they are alien to the Commission.

Uwujaren said, “Promoters of the hashtags are currently under surveillance and every effort will be made to bring them to justice.

While the Commission welcomes information that could lead to the arrest of cybercrime suspects, it has no policy of financial reward for such informants.

“The fight against corruption and other forms of economic crime is a patriotic duty and Nigerians are encouraged to embrace it with altruism.

The whistleblower policy of the Federal Government which the Commission is among the agencies saddled with its implementation is applicable only to public sector corruption.

“The public is warned that the Commission will not be responsible for anyone who falls for this obvious scam.”
https://punchng.com/we-are-not-offering-n1m-to-yahoo-yahoo-informants-efcc/?amp

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by seunlayi(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2021
Better, efcc is not ripe for this. Any attempt to do this, efcc will need to build lot of cells or hostel to hold the huge number of suspects and they will need billions to pay each whistle blowers for the infos.
Lol, broke fraudsters will even turn up to expose others and collect 1m retirement benefit grin grin
At the end, public shows by fraudsters will be a thing of the past

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Jay5mie: 5:28pm On May 07, 2021
And i been wan turn myself in collect 1mil since client no gree do well.

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by HONESTFACT101(m): 5:44pm On May 07, 2021
no reward for virtues in this kwantri......signing out

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Synord(m): 5:46pm On May 07, 2021
Yahoo yahoo never pays

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Ruben225571(m): 5:47pm On May 07, 2021
Jay5mie:

grin grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Grace001: 6:10pm On May 07, 2021
They can get yahoo boys without informants

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by MackIV(m): 6:10pm On May 07, 2021
Jay5mie:
grin

You don't mean it grin

inoki247:
lol wey I don compile list already which kain wahala be diz.....

Oya make dem du 3 for 1 million we go colet laik dat...
Na Giveaway

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by opalu: 6:10pm On May 07, 2021
Hmmm

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by bbode1(m): 6:10pm On May 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by mazizitonene(m): 6:10pm On May 07, 2021
Truth be told, this country is not ready to fight internet fraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by charlesoo00: 6:10pm On May 07, 2021
As the best web developer from Nigeria, I no fit fall enter efcc hand cool

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
Huuuuuui
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Jh0wsef(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
lol. Some fake ass n*gga who's planning to betray their bros would be highly disappointed by this

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by TimmyTen(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
How much are u offering

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by kendrick9(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
How much una wan offer...
There's nothing free even in freetown

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Legalcriminal: 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
Even if it’s true only a fool would snitch on his friends family or neighbor which at the end EFCC would lock you up too

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by MrWTF(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2021

I don already report slaworrmir to them.

Bastards no want pay me!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by 3RNEST(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
grin grin
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
i go just tell my brother to tell effc i dey do yahoo lol.

YOU INTO MUSIC? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Born2winnx: 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
Yeye style... useless con3
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Hapidesign18: 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
Sure?
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by jojofola: 6:11pm On May 07, 2021
You have indirectly passed the information.

We no kuku blame una
Na country be this??
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by cassidy1996(m): 6:12pm On May 07, 2021
lol

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by inoki247: 6:12pm On May 07, 2021
lol wey I don compile list already which kain wahala be diz.....

Oya make dem du 3 for 1 million we go colet laik dat...

Lol if e be true sef if you snitch at ur own risk sha go use the payment buy your casket and use inside buy cow down wey dem go use celebrate ur funeral.....

7 Likes

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by fatme5: 6:12pm On May 07, 2021
angry
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Lilpen3758: 6:13pm On May 07, 2021
Efcc?? Wetin concern me with this fools??
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by southsouthking(m): 6:13pm On May 07, 2021
The day all those yahoo boys go mistakenly catch one i format, him own don be that.
Him go pay back all the money tire plus extra beating.
Those people no get joy o.
Imagine yahoo boy when no dey sleep while you dey sleep, him go come still smoke loud, colorado, skunk and weed join am all through the night.
Money go come finally come, you go come go report give EFCC, pray make those people no catch you o.

I dey talk am because of watin i experience for Abraka 2019, when police still dey burst people for house, one morning as early as 6am, police just burst some niggies opposite my uncle house, those boys party until dey break so i know say na better block dem hammer, before you know, police Don move without arresting anybody.
Na latter we come hear say na their neighbour go report them.
The boys dem settle police better money, come still settle dem another better money so that them go tell dem who set them up.
Trust Naija police na, na so them begin dey advice the guys dem make dem beware from that their neighbour, say na him come report.
After Police comot e, dem beat that guy eh him almost die.
Na dat same dey the guy run comot for the house.
Bottom line is in this Nigeria, mind your business.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Prettylima(f): 6:13pm On May 07, 2021
Wey I Don dey happy say am 10m richer cuz I know like 12 of them like that for Ikeja here
Re: We Are Not Offering ₦1 Milliom To "Yahoo Yahoo" Informants — EFCC by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 07, 2021
Rats everywhere.

Seems Madam host has ran out of crayfish...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Lynched In India : Five Arrested In Delhi Over Assault On Nigerian / Abandoned Baby Rescued By NSCDC In Rivers (photo) / Kidnapped Lafia Hospital Workers, Others Rescued, 41 Suspects Arrested (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.