Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> (4727 Views)

Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan / APC Dares Jonathan To Sue Akande For Libel / Gov. Sylva Dares Jonathan And Flags Off Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by MAYOWAAK: 1:33am On Apr 26, 2011
The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has challenged President Goodluck Jonathan to arrest him if he can.
Buhari spoke against the backdrop of the call by the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, that the CPC candidate be arrested over the recent post-election violence in some Northern states.

Oritsejafor, while addressing newsmen at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos, called for the immediate arrest and prosecution of General Buhari and all identified cohorts before they plunge the nation into another civil war. Speaking through his spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, Buhari said Oritsejafor’s comment, calling for his arrest, was reckless and bound to heat up the polity.

Odumakin said: “General Buhari is in Daura. So, let Jonathan go and arrest him. One of his contractors has asked him to arrest Buhari. He is in Daura now. So, let him go and arrest him.”(Odumakin)[/b]He said men like Oritsejafor were supposed to make statements that would calm frayed nerves, “but unfortunately, it can’t be hidden that the CAN leadership under Oritsejafor had become an extension of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and it is unfortunate that he is partisan to this extreme.
“It is unfortunate and it is a shame and it is a betrayal of his calling to be dragging the entire body of Christ into partisan politics,” Buhari said.

[b]Buhari noted that it was not a hidden fact that Oritsejafor has always been a friend of Aso Rock and if you have watched his activities since he became CAN president, his activities have been more at Aso Rock and the government houses across the country rather than within the body of Christ
. While urging Nigerians to ignore Oritsejafor, Buhari said his statement is not different from that of the PDP’s Acting National Chairman, Haliru Bello, adding that Oritsejafor should be ignored like any other PDP chieftain.
He also said his comment on Oritsejafor had nothing to do with the body of Christ, saying we are separating Oritsejafor, his person from the body of Christ.

“We have no issue with the body of Christ in Nigeria, but the PDP contractors like him who have taken over the leadership of that respected organization, are using the body of Christ to further their personal interest and not the interests of the body of Christ in Nigeria.

“And it will be good for him to read what his Bible says about the false accuser of the brethren. That is the role he is playing now; false accuser of the brethren because what he is doing is making false accusation and seeking the persecution of Buhari based on political contract and not on any fact.” He added: “Men like Oritsejafor are profiting from the rot in Nigeria today and since he became the president of CAN, there is no one word he has spoken against corruption in Nigeria.

“He has never issued a word against the rot in Nigeria and it is now that the lickers of Nigeria have regained their control with open electoral robbery, that he is now coming out to ask for the persecution of the victory of electoral robbery. “This clearly shows that people like him are part of the rot in Nigeria and they want to sustain this unjust system which they are benefitting from at the expense of the people they claim to serve.

“And more importantly, there is no evidence to give, leaking General Buhari with any political violence. He has condemned it, he has berated the rioters and on two occasions (2003,2007) when he was rigged out of elections, he went to court for 54 months. That is not the attitude of a man, who believes in violence and Ayo Oritsejafor has never condemned the rape of democracy in Nigeria. He has never condemned the stealing of votes. So, his selective sense of justice baffles all because this selective integrity is bundling.”

While saying that the CAN president should be asked if that was his Easter message to the nation, Buhari said he hoped Oritsejafor would provide the chain on his neck to hang him when he is arrested. Commenting on Oritsejafor’s demand in a telephone interview with Daily Sun, immediate past President of the CAN, Archbishop John Onaiyekan, said Oritsejafor did not consult him on the statement.
“The only thing I can say is that he did not consult me on that. He did not consult me on that statement. I don’t really know why he said it. So, you should ask him.

“What I do believe, though, is that if the President said he has set up a judicial commission of enquiry, then, I imagine anyone who has any information that will be useful for the commission to present them, hoping that this time, they are serious. “As you know, we have had so many of such commissions, which have come out with nothing. Nigerians have no confidence in those commissions anymore.

“Well, as for the statement of CAN president, I am afraid. You should ask the CAN president. I am sure he is in a position to defend whatever he has said. All I am saying is that I was not consulted on the statement. I have nothing to say,” the Metropolitan Catholic Archbishop of Abuja said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/26/national-26-04-2011-001.htm
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by jason123: 1:36am On Apr 26, 2011
ROMFLMAO!!!! grin grin grin
It's a BIG shame that GEJ (with all due respect) does not have the BALLS to do such even if the will of the people is for him to arrest Buhari. As my Brothers in Nigeria say, "DEM NO BORN AM WELL"!!!
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by chuks2612: 1:44am On Apr 26, 2011
why does odumakin yinka do dirty jobs for buhari,why not chose someone from his state to do it for him
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by nduchucks: 2:53am On Apr 26, 2011
jason123:

ROMFLMAO!!!! grin grin grin
It's a BIG shame that GEJ (with all due respect) does not have the BALLS to do such even if the will of the people is for him to arrest Buhari. As my Brothers in Nigeria say, "DEM NO BORN AM WELL"!!!

They are yet to arrest the known Imams and religions sect leaders who incite violence, because of irrational fear, how in the world can he arrest Buhari, a larger than life figure?

As for Oritsejafor, whose name literally means "God will not allow us to speak (presumably to avoid sin)"  is definitely not living up to his name or position. What a shameful jobber.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by vladimiros: 2:53am On Apr 26, 2011
Buhari from Pres Candidate to Attention LovePeddler
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Onlytruth(m): 2:58am On Apr 26, 2011
Be careful of what you wish for, 'cos you might get it.

Buhari clearly is still living in the past.

One advice to him: The world has changed; anything can happen. cool
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by nduchucks: 3:01am On Apr 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

lol, Madame Umblerra has a better chance of ordering Buhari's arrest than your man. olodo

kedu kordi, nwannem?
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Beaf: 3:06am On Apr 26, 2011
I keep laughing at the political dunces that make these silly statements.
While they are engaging in their usual neanderthal politics, the true strategists and masters of the game are outwitting them in ways they cannot fathom! Lol!

Every knee shall bow. cool
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by koruji(m): 3:16am On Apr 26, 2011
I certainly hope that because you guys delivered block votes to GEJ doesn't mean he is listening to the like of you.

What world has changed? Since when? Just because GEJ won an election the world changed?

Are there real men left in this country? Men who can see beyond their noses on both sides of the fence, and bold enough to act in the long-term interest of Nigeria.

Onlytruth:

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by koruji(m): 3:17am On Apr 26, 2011
Every knee shall bow

To whom

Beaf:

I keep laughing at the political dunces that make these silly statements.
While they are engaging in their usual neanderthal politics, the true strategists and masters of the game are outwitting them in ways they cannot fathom! Lol!

Every knee shall bow. cool
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Rhino5dm: 3:20am On Apr 26, 2011
lol @ our president been intimidated in Aso Villa.
Now i just conclude that patience is our president-elect.

Yinka is setting a VERY big  trap that will eventually truncate this regime.

Arrest the General after rigging elections shocked

Mu he he!
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by ektbear: 3:24am On Apr 26, 2011
This is kind of hilarious.

I guess Buhari realizes that GEJ doesn't have the stones to arrest him.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Beaf: 3:27am On Apr 26, 2011
koruji:

Every knee shall bow

To whom

To the obvious.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by nduchucks: 3:27am On Apr 26, 2011
koruji:

Every knee shall bow

To whom

Frankly, the guy is delusional. He fails to understand that GEJ does not have the will or bright enough to assert himself in the manner than many of his worshipers expect. That the  man is part and parcel of the PDP, means nothing to the likes od Beaf.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 26, 2011
Every knee shall bow.

sounds so fascist. undecided

and imagine misquoting the bible in this manner.

smh.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by EzeUche3(m): 3:31am On Apr 26, 2011
Arrest this bastardd. He has blood on his hands.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Rhino5dm: 3:32am On Apr 26, 2011
GEj is just a figure head capable of doing Nada,

I dey laugh o!

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by EzeUche3(m): 3:33am On Apr 26, 2011
If GEJ cannot arrest this man, send the Igbo man to do it. We will not have any qualms getting our hands on this man.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Rhino5dm: 3:35am On Apr 26, 2011
EzeUche__:

If GEJ cannot arrest this man, send the Igbo man to do it. We will not have any qualms getting our hands on this man.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Beaf: 3:48am On Apr 26, 2011
EzeUche__:

Dude, chill.
Its a game of chess and Buhari's moves are only for short term relief. They are aimed at inciting his almajiri's (to get last minute confidence to vote in the midst of a military crackdown), as well as praying that GEJ would somehow misstep; its proper bushman politics. Its tactics for the primitive by the uncivilsed. grin

Even as early as the next 48 hours, the political terrain would have changed significantly and the incitement would have totally worn off.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by jason123: 3:51am On Apr 26, 2011
EzeUche__:

Ezeuche, its like you do not like your people or you want to be the last of your people in Nigeria. What the Eff is your business Trust me, the SS is more than capable of handling these people with your help not that you should be the fore-runner. That is a recipe for disaster. Be careful.

ndu_chucks:

They are yet to arrest the known Imams and religions sect leaders who incite violence, because of irrational fear, how in the world can he arrest Buhari, a larger than life figure?

As for Oritsejafor, whose name literally means "God will not allow us to speak (presumably to avoid sin)"  is definitely not living up to his name or position. What a shameful jobber.

I hate to say it but I could not agree more. . . . .  undecided sad

Rhino.5dm:

lol @ our president been intimidated in Aso Villa.
Now i just conclude that patience is our president-elect.

Yinka is setting a VERY big  trap that will eventually truncate this regime.

Arrest the General after rigging elections shocked

Mu he he!

. . .and you and I know what that will lead to, don't we?? The end of this "geographical expression"
ekt_bear:

This is kind of hilarious.

I guess Buhari realizes that GEJ doesn't have the stones to arrest him.
You hit the nail on the head!!!
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by EzeUche3(m): 3:52am On Apr 26, 2011
Then I must be bush, because Buhari needs to be thrown in jail, just like the rest of his radical followers angry.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by egift(m): 3:52am On Apr 26, 2011
Poor, clueless Jonny grin grin grin

He may actually be providing private security for Buhari. Cos if anything happens to him, no excuses will be entertained.

GEJ: 2011 - 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/429070_continuity_gif9a707f56000ec259b18a6e5b45cfa2f7
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by jason123: 3:53am On Apr 26, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, chill.
You beat me to it!!!
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by koruji(m): 3:53am On Apr 26, 2011
I see your point now, but that "every knee shall bow" quip was way-way over the top.

President GEJ should not listen to the Ezeuches and Onlytruths of this world.

Beaf:

Dude, chill.
Its a game of chess and Buhari's moves are only for short term relief. They are aimed at inciting his almajiri's (to get last minute confidence to vote in the midst of a military crackdown), as well as praying that GEJ would somehow misstep; its proper bushman politics. Its tactics for the primitive by the uncivilsed. grin

Even as early as the next 48 hours, the political terrain would have changed significantly and the incitement would have totally worn off.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by PapaBrowne(m): 3:55am On Apr 26, 2011
ndu_chucks:

They are yet to arrest the known Imams and religions sect leaders who incite violence, because of irrational fear[b], how in the world can he arrest Buhari, a larger than life figure?[/b]

Guy, FYI Nigeria has new owners!! The last string of Ahmadu Bello has just been wiped off with the victory of Jonathan!!
My advice for all those like Buhari still carrying this untouchable toga is to Fear, be Afraid and be very very Afraid!! The new owners would not condone impunity!!
Jonathan nor any other Nigerian would never have to arrest Buhari!! Its some guy from some Mexico or Madagascar or Netherlands or Nicaragua or any other signatory to the Rome convention that would do the handcuffing!! Surely, U don't understand what I've just said.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by EzeUche3(m): 3:58am On Apr 26, 2011
People need to realize that the Fulani are quite crafty. They know Nigeria better than any Southerner. We might brag about education, but these Fulani know how to keep power. And they know that the secret in maintaining power is to use force. While GEJ is planning his next move, these Northerners might be a few steps ahead of him. The Northern elite should not be underestimated. undecided
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by jason123: 3:59am On Apr 26, 2011
koruji:

I see your point now, but that "every knee shall bow" quip was way-way over the top.

Well said!!!
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by jason123: 4:01am On Apr 26, 2011
EzeUche__:

People need to realize that the Fulani are quite crafty. They know Nigeria better than any Southerner. We might brag about education, but these Fulani know how to keep power. And they know that the secret in maintaining power is to use force. While GEJ is planning his next move, these Northerners might be a few steps ahead of him. The Northern elite should not be underestimated. undecided
Trust me, the South knows them. Atleast, the Yorubas do and have learnt from them. The South knows what she's doing. Let 2015 come for you to know whats up.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by EzeUche3(m): 4:03am On Apr 26, 2011
jason123:

Trust me, the South knows them. Atleast, the Yorubas do and have learnt from them. The South knows what she's doing. Let 2015 come for you to know whats up.

I seriously doubt that. The Igbos have always knew the Hausa intentions since the 60s. I don't know about the other groups. Some might say Ojukwu was visionary. I share that opinion of him. Ojukwu seen Nigeria's trajectory way before anyone.

God bless him.

Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by Beaf: 4:03am On Apr 26, 2011
koruji:

Apologies. That was aimed squarely between the eyes of ndu_chucks, and others who cheer at the politics of threats, jeers and name calling.
There is a lot wrong with those who fight ideas with stones, and keep doing it time after time. The list is long:

[list]
[li]Turai and the cabal[/li]
[li]IBB[/li]
[li]Atiku[/li]
[li]Ciroma and his fellow bats[/li]
[li]Buhari[/li]
[/list]

They stand no chance.
Re: Arrest Me If You Can, Buhari Dares Jonathan <Misleading> by ektbear: 4:05am On Apr 26, 2011
Both sides are just escalating the situation unecessarily.

GEJ has no proof that Buhari is associated with the unrest.

Buhari knows that GEJ is too much of a chickensh1t to arrest him.

In a perfect world, GEJ would just deal with the unrest rather than shifting the blame to someone else. That way Buhari doesn't need to make any statements like, "arrest me if you can, you pvssy."

(1) (2) (3)

Fashola Condemns Nigeria’s Centenary Celebration Plan / INEC: Official Results From Akwa Ibom So Far / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.