Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History (1306 Views)

2pac Has Yoruba Ancestry And His Mother's Name Afeni Shakur Is Purely Yoruba / According To Kanye West, Tupac Was An Overrated Rapper. What Is Your Opinion? / Wizkid, Burna Boy Crown Nasty C As “The Best Rapper In Africa” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by kmaster007: 5:57pm On May 07, 2021
Rapper Kanye West once said this, and was dragged like a small tiger generator.

Tupac was indeed, one of the most overrated rappers in hip hop history if you ask me sha.To some he is overrated, to others he’s not, but to me he is.

No doubt, 2pac was a very important figure in the black culture and hip hop, and did a lot to advance the black voice in America and the Western World.

For many who know this truth 2pac is the “legend” that stood against all odds, he did not run away from his adversaries and promptly took his vengeance.

He died with a sense of honor, a warrior that retaliated with full force. He really was a soldier in the industry and now considered a legend in that respect.

But he is not the “greatest of all time” from an artistic standpoint; in fact, he may have been a better actor than a rapper, considering he was a trained actor & did Shakespeare in his youth days.

As far as rapping and making music is concerned, 2pac lacked the wit, intricate production, and conceptualism of Biggie, Eminem, Nas, Snoop Dogg, and Kanye. His songs simply didn’t have the creativity that so many other records had, despite how meaningful, spiritual and prophetic they were.

Why everyone think Pac is the best is because as at then, there will never be a more important figure in hip hop culture without 2pac. But the greatest of all time, as an artist & MC, in the literal sense, he is not. But people still say he is. So in that sense, I classified him as the most overrated Rapper in history.

Just like late Gagrin; one of the most overrated Rappers in Nigeria. I’m not sure we are ready for this discussion today sha.
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by kendrick9(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2021
What do you know about Rap/hip hop.
My friend goan sit down
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 6:13pm On May 07, 2021
Shut up angry
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by Vulcanheph(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2021
I might agree about Dagrin being overated because I have never even heard of him before his death, infact the first time I heard about him was the tribute song that the many artistes made for him when he died, to this very day I can't even list out 4 popular songs by Dagrin but Tupac even though he might not have released a lot of songs like his modern day counterparts but he has made a big impact in the music industry to be called a Legend.

1 Like

Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by decatalyst(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2021
In some clime, you will get murdered for this loose talk.

Dude, that guy called Tupac is a religion!

According him due respect.

PS: I didn't bother to read what you wrote up there!

2 Likes

Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by kestolove95(m): 6:30pm On May 07, 2021
shut ur pit hole....2pac is the greatest rapper alive and dead..a revolutionary, poet, actor 2pac is just the last one left of his type....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by ahiboilandgas: 6:31pm On May 07, 2021
kmaster007:

Tupac was indeed, one of the most overrated rappers in hip hop history if you ask me sha.To some he is overrated, to others he’s not, but to me he is.

No doubt, 2pac was a very important figure in the black culture and hip hop, and did a lot to advance the black voice in America and the Western World.

For many who know this truth 2pac is the “legend” that stood against all odds, he did not run away from his adversaries and promptly took his vengeance.

He died with a sense of honor, a warrior that retaliated with full force. He really was a soldier in the industry and now considered a legend in that respect.

But he is not the “greatest of all time” from an artistic standpoint; in fact, he may have been a better actor than a rapper, considering he was a trained actor & did Shakespeare in his youth days.

As far as rapping and making music is concerned, 2pac lacked the wit, intricate production, and conceptualism of Biggie, Eminem, Nas, Snoop Dogg, and Kanye. His songs simply didn’t have the creativity that so many other records had, despite how meaningful, spiritual and prophetic they were.

Why everyone think Pac is the best is because as at then, there will never be a more important figure in hip hop culture without 2pac. But the greatest of all time, as an artist & MC, in the literal sense, he is not. But people still say he is. So in that sense, I classified him as the most overrated Rapper in history.

Just like late Gagrin; one of the most overrated Rappers in Nigeria. I’m not sure we are ready for this discussion today sha.
how do you mean ? It obvious you don't know Rap music. Tupac was a socio-political rapper , so u mean there was no creativity or lyrics in song like me against the world , against all odds , so many tears , anit mad at cha .gotto gospel hit them up ? Biggy is more of a lyrisct and a gang star rapper. Other rappers in those leagues are red man ,method man , dre ,easy E ....all rappers of late are notting but bunch of nudity promoter .but not rappers that songs are not original .only dead Mama is above all songs by Nick minaj

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by kmaster007: 6:34pm On May 07, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
how do you mean ? It obvious you don't know Rap music. Tupac was a socio-political rapper , so u mean there was no creativity or lyrics in song like me against the world , against all odds , so many tears , anit mad at cha .gotto gospel hit them up ? Biggy is more of a lyrisct and a gang star rapper. Other rappers in those leagues are red man ,method man , dre ,easy E ....all rappers of late are notting but bunch of nudity promoter .but not rappers that songs are not original .only dead Mama is above all songs by Nick minaj
you think so
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by ahiboilandgas: 6:41pm On May 07, 2021
kmaster007:
you think so
even fresh prince (if u know who him be sha) said so in 1999 MTV awards so who u be to analyse Rap music
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by kmaster007: 7:48pm On May 07, 2021
grin
ahiboilandgas:
even fresh prince (if u know who him be sha) said so in 1999 MTV awards so who u be to analyse Rap music
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by illicit(m): 8:00pm On May 07, 2021
Biggie was cool
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by Falomo211(m): 8:31pm On May 07, 2021
kmaster007:

U open ur mouth talk say 2pac dey overrated na ment Go check 2pac record even in his grave his unreleased songs still sell no talk am outside make dem no say u don ment
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by pelenaija(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2021
you are right with this come and momu

Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 07, 2021
Well! we all hav a diff perspective of analysis bt left to me, 2pac still d best rap' of o'tym & 'GRIN o'boy d guy do yoruba rap juju aswear
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by afolarin60591: 11:51pm On May 07, 2021
:even fresh prince (if u know who him be sha) said so in 1999 MTV awards so who u be to analyse Rap music
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by FarahAideed: 12:07am On May 08, 2021
He wasnt an MC MC in the Sense of it but pound for pound he was the complete package as he embodied the persona and charisma of what the streets expected of a " gangster rapper" ..if we are talking big gifted MCs even Biggie can't be there
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by Eryyy92: 12:35am On May 08, 2021
Op
I was playing Tupac's song before I stormed in to this thread
Never I mean NEVER open ur mouth to say Tupac is overrated
I'm a big fan of Biggie I have almost all his albums
But Biggie is no where to be compared to Tupac
Like Tupac spit live to his songs
Op goan sleep then come back to delete this thread if you can
Or better still modify it
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by Gabe427: 1:09am On May 08, 2021
I bet you also think tekashi and all this auto tunes wackos are rapping.

Tupac was different
And his lifestyle and finally death sums up the blood sport which is the rap industry
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by obonujoker(m): 6:37am On May 08, 2021
For you to call Tupac and Dagrin (Lyrical werey) overrated, shows you don't know what rap is
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by michigang: 6:48am On May 08, 2021
Maybe not the greatest but Tupac is/was a great rapper. His songs were impactful and socially conscious to the extent that many regard him as arguably the most influential rapper of all time. Tupac was just not a rapper, tupac was a movement bigger than the hiphop itself. No other rapper comes close.
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by mayor1814: 1:29pm On May 08, 2021
Tupac is the GREATEST AND MOST INFLUENTIAL RAP ARTIST AND EMCEE ever. Nobody ever does it like him. I will put NAS, EMINEM and RAKIM in d second position to fight for d 2nd position.

As for DAGRIN. He's the greatest rapper to ever do it in Naija. Now lemme analyze.

Mode 9 is a great hard-core rapper, DAGRIN is also a great hard-core rapper, but mode9 never had d popularity of DAGRIN. how many person can remember or relate with mode9 music?

Olamide is highly commercial and successful so was DAGRIN, but OLAMIDE does not have d LYRICAL STRENGTH OR POWER OF DAGRIN.

THE closest to DAGRIN is M.I. yet I would rate them d same but DAGRIN has an edge in d sense that the street relate more with DAGRIN. he had more street cred.
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by ikorodureporta: 2:19pm On May 08, 2021
grin cheesy

Kanye is greater than pac, abi cheesy cheesy

2pac wey dey alive, yet guyz like Nas, MasterP, etc won b like him
Re: Tupac Shakur Is The Most Overrated Rapper In History by tolufase: 2:57pm On May 08, 2021
I don't know the type of weeds smoked before you came up with this rubbish. You need to see a doctor to ascertain your state of health. I'm not sure you're ok. The word overrated there dey make me vex.

Tupac Shakur overrated? Guy, perhaps you have not taken your drug today.

(1) (Reply)

Erica Caught With Kiddwaya In Hotel After Party On Abuja Cctv Reveals(video) / Miss South Africa Pageant Opens Up to Include Transgender Women for First Time / D'banj Rocks A Pretty Lady At Obi Cubana's Late Mum Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.