Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? (27861 Views)

Please Kindly Adopt My Daughter / I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help!! / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Akv666: 7:56pm On May 07, 2021
Good day guys,

So I've been dating a single Mom for almost 4years now and we're ready to tie the knot, but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting her son legally. Her baby daddy has actually been irresponsible right from start, nigga last saw his son when he was 4months old and he hasn't even bought ordinary diaper for the boy right from when he was delivered.

Now I'm being skeptical about taking him up legally, please i need advice from you guys, no insult please.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Sammy07: 7:57pm On May 07, 2021
So by the time he comes back for his son after spending on him, Una go be looking like dundi?

Anyways, nothing better than ur child, there will always be sentiment when he grows up with ur Children.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Born2winnx: 7:58pm On May 07, 2021
You wanna father another man sperm...fûck you nigga.

Don't you have your own sperm

Yeye style

169 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Madecure: 7:59pm On May 07, 2021
Baba you will regret the move. But if you want to help, help the son and Carter for him without seeing him as your son. Simple

143 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 07, 2021
So with all you have been reading here, you still want to marry a single mother and adopt her child? Your simpism will soon pay off by the time it ends in premium tears.

180 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by chatinent: 8:06pm On May 07, 2021
Well, I don't see anything wrong in adopting the child legally if you feel you want to.

I'll only advise you make marriage honourable as God instituted.

You are welcome.

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Bornsinner7: 8:07pm On May 07, 2021
I'm a little bit confused if na man abi woman you be.. the he,she,her, him got me confused

Why does she want it that way?? There must be a reason.. she tryin to make you own the kid so that her baby papa would have nothing to do with the kid anymore..

Nothing wrong in adopting the kid but shine your eyes well.. it took Melinda gates 27years plotting her graph..

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by DaddyRochie1642: 8:09pm On May 07, 2021
Experience has taught me never to conclude after hearing from only one side of the story no matter how sweet and convincing that story is, I must hear from the other person's side of the story.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by chatinent: 8:11pm On May 07, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I'm a little bit confused if na man abi woman you be.. the he,she,her, him got me confused

Not funny.

Have a nice century.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Romanoff(f): 8:13pm On May 07, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

so I've been dating a single Mom for almost 4years now and we're ready to tie the knot, but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting his son legally. Her baby daddy has actually been irresponsible right from start, nigga last saw his son when he was 4months old and he hasn't even bought ordinary diaper for the boy right from when he was delivered. now I'm being skeptical about taking him up legally, please i need advice from you guys, no insult please

No guy here will support you.

If you love the child enough to adopt him legally, seek legal counsel.

Only a lawyer can help you.

Adopting the child legally makes you his father and even puts you above his birth father and in a custody battle with the mother, if she's found unfit, you still get to keep the child.

But it's a decision you have to think hard and that's why I'm suggesting you get legal counsel.

203 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by mystery22: 8:13pm On May 07, 2021
Marry a single mother?

17 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 07, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

so I've been dating a single Mom for almost 4years now and we're ready to tie the knot, but recently she came up with a suggestion of me adopting his son legally. Her baby daddy has actually been irresponsible right from start, nigga last saw his son when he was 4months old and he hasn't even bought ordinary diaper for the boy right from when he was delivered. now I'm being skeptical about taking him up legally, please i need advice from you guys, no insult please

because he have not bought diapers since 4months of child birth u called him irresponsible. I believe you put yourself inbtw a father and son just to achieve your petty love like the child got no father. Truth be told, you are the nigga and your likes burn in women’s flames. “A Deluding thot”....
Biological lineage can’t be willed to a Sexist Nigga.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by ichidodo: 8:27pm On May 07, 2021
Forgive me, but you are a punk-ass, dumb ass simp b**tch..

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Righteousness2(m): 8:28pm On May 07, 2021
Op! Some of you are already carrying the Mark of the Beast even before the time?

Op! Be careful of what you represent. It is deeper than mere numbers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by lilvicky68(m): 8:36pm On May 07, 2021
Pray to God and make your decision.. God's will is the best..wish you well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by jawalis(m): 8:39pm On May 07, 2021
What manner of fuckery is this. Are you with your senses at all? What happens to all single ladies out there? Don’t you know you are been manipulated. Why must you adopt her child. You didn’t ask the child leave neither did you complain. And so what’s it with the sudden adoption? Use your head bro.
Damn. This nigga here is about to make one of the biggest mistake of his life. I wonder what you folks think after reading posts on social media about people who regret their action and those who wept bitterly and you are still eager to engage yourself in such act that put some in tears. Anyways it is your cup and you shall bear it alone. Your intuition should tell you she’s only trying to push the responsibilities of that child to you. Knowing fully well that she’ll later or sooner give you your own kids and you might not have time for her son and so she’s pushing it to you directly now as a smart lady and you are there seeking advice. Listen good; any idea that comes to you and you have a doubt over it to the extent of seeking a public advice isn’t good enough for you. You either take it or leave it. Nowadays; our women/ ladies knew men are waking up from and their manipulative schemes are been rendered useless as days passes. She knows well that you might not want to cater for that child once you have your own children and that breeds need to push him on you before it’s late. And by the time you have your own children; you won’t have no option than to take him as your responsibility. Wake up bro and say no to it. Tell her you’ll take care of the boy to your capacity. You are been led by your heart right now and it’s better you awaken your brain and let your brain do the thinking. Love will definitely fade. The love that covers your brain now will become faded after few years.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by SpiritFree: 8:42pm On May 07, 2021
I understand you OP! I'm in love with a single mom too! and I will marry her God willing. Like someone suggested, think hard on it and seek legal counsel. It's a big decision. Cheers!

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by meobizy(f): 8:44pm On May 07, 2021
Oya, na. You're an adult, abi? Why should we tell you what to do?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by donbachi(m): 8:52pm On May 07, 2021
No try am.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 07, 2021
But the child father is still alive and hasn't given you any approval to do so, neither has the boy extended family. I know love is shaking you, but the best you can do is take care of the boy, once you get approval from the boy's father or family that they willing let go then you can go ahead, as long as the father is alive, the mother assertion are invalid, because it is very possible she has been preventing the father from seeing the boy.

Make they no go kolobi your assets, turn you heavenly bound maga.

You can always make provision in your Will for the boy, but adopting a Child when the father is alive is a no no for me especially without his consent...

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by johhbekeboh09: 8:59pm On May 07, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

Its okay...but both of you must involve a lawyer to be on the safe side

Even adopting the boy legally,the law requires that you have consent of the father or his relatives or you have evidence why the father shouldn't have custody of his son

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by SportsHD: 9:01pm On May 07, 2021
You can adopt him legally. You can treat him with love and care like he's yours. But just know that he's not yours. The father might come for him one day.
One of my Broski's married a single mom with 3 kids. As far as the love is genuine, everything else would fall into place.

Other than that, I wish you well in your endavours.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by cococandy(f): 9:24pm On May 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
Op! Some of you are already carrying the Mark of the Beast even before the time?

wait. what?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by cococandy(f): 9:25pm On May 07, 2021
The boys are pissed grin

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by pocohantas(f): 9:29pm On May 07, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

It is foolhardy and against natural law and order to do such when the man is still alive, irrespective of how irresponsible she claims he is. I am very concerned that she suggested it and you considered it.

Th irresponsible man remains her child's father. She can get (sole) custody, but erasing the man’s name is WICKEDNESS.

DON’T DO IT!

Take care of the child like you would for your own and it should end there.

Ishilove:

Pocohantas, there are fathers and there are sperm donors. A man who abandons a child at age 4 months is a sperm donor. She might as well have gone to a sperm bank to pay for artificial insemination. The only claim he has to that child is his sperm and nothing else.

He is a sperm donor, agreed. My concern is the child. That child isn’t a property that she will keep transferring to any new man she is with. Before OP came along, the child had a name and it was fine.

They already have sole custody of the child, thanks to the irresponsible sperm donor- It should end there.

What if her and OP divorces tomorrow? She will manage his name till she gets a new man and changes it again?

I know some relationships/marriages can end sourly that you just don’t want to have anything to do with the other person again, but for the sake of child(ren), I always advise they apply caution.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Dalil8: 9:33pm On May 07, 2021
Akv666:
Good day guys,

Big NOOO!!!

The fact she has a kid alone should have been a red flag.

Visit these threads and thank me later.

https://www.nairaland.com/6542664/men-22-reasons-why-must

https://www.nairaland.com/6542150/men-avoid-single-mothers-like#101458708

2 Likes

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by SportsHD: 9:36pm On May 07, 2021
Righteousness2:

You are high on cheap weed. What does what the OP said correlate to mark of the beast?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Richy4(m): 9:58pm On May 07, 2021
If you were in love with the mom... and the step son is gonna be living with you, who will he see as a father figure?...If you treat him the way you will be treating your own son, is there really a need for that?.....in my opinion that's enough....

OP, the question I have to ask you is this, If you have a baby mama somewhere and you heard that a man who intend to marry your baby mama was planning adopting your child, would you be happy? even if you were not present in the child's life... If your answer is no,

Then tell her that you cannot do that to a fellow man like you irrespective of their differences which was in the past...That if someone should do that to you, that you will not like it...Just assure her that whatever a father will do for a son to be successful, that you will do that for the boy.. that your word is your bond....I understand she wants to secure the future of the boy but it doesn't work that way.. You don't need going into any legal procedures...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Richy4(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2021
Fulaniherdmens:

because he have not bought diapers since 4months of child birth u called him irresponsible. I believe you put yourself inbtw a father and son just to achieve your petty love like the child got no father. Truth be told, you are the nigga and your likes burn in women’s flames. “A Deluding thot”....
Biological lineage can’t be willed to a Sexist Nigga.

It takes two to make babies.. she did not climb ontop of herself and got pregnant.... I do not think OP was wrong in calling him irresponsible if truly he abandon mother and child when he was only 4 months... I don't think it's right to support bad behavior and irresponsibility ....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:30pm On May 07, 2021
pocohantas:

It is foolhardy and against natural law and order to do such when the man is still alive, irrespective of how irresponsible she claims he is. I would even be very concerned that she suggested it and you considered it.

Th irresponsible man remains her child's father. She can get (sole) custody, but erasing the man’s name totally is WICKEDNESS.

DON’T DO IT!
Do you actually think the boy is bearing the name of the irresponsible father when he didn't even marry the said lady in the first place.Nobody actually erased the father from the child's life the father did that by himself.I don't know why we give some people pass even when they are irresponsible the man is very aware he has a child somewhere but has abandoned the child for God knows who and will later come one day to come and reap the proceeds when the child is grown.God knows that if I were the child I will regard such a man as a mere sperm donor and not my father and will even reject his name this is not new as far as I am concerned.

It is a big decision nothing stops the OP from doing this but even if he doesn't he should try to be a father figure to the boy the child will grow up to appreciate and love him more than the sperm donor.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:32pm On May 07, 2021
jackcanfield:
But the child father is still alive and hasn't given you any approval to do so, neither has the boy extended family. I know love is shaking you, but the best you can do is take care of the boy, once you get approval from the boy's father or family that they willing let go then you can go ahead, as long as the father is alive, the mother assertion are invalid, because it is very possible she has been preventing the father from seeing the boy.

Make they no go kolobi your assets, turn you heavenly bound maga.

You can always make provision in your Will for the boy, but adopting a Child when the father is alive is a no no for me especially without his consent...
I agree with you and pocohantas but the father never even married the mother and the OP himself did not tell us if the baby daddy's family is aware or contributing a dime to the boy's Life the father practically abandoned his son so what is the fuss there if the OP chooses to adopt him.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Finally Helped My Birthgiver Get To The Hospital - TheGidRedpiller / Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.