Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? (9559 Views)

Programmers, How Do You Solve Power Issue / Programmers How Can I Achieve This / Programmers how much do you earn monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by DanjaNinja(m): 3:50pm On May 08, 2021
Use ear phones and play the sound called brown noise. It sounds like rainfall and blocks out all the surrounding noise.
I am very sensitive to background noise when studying but brown noise completely changed my ability to focus in noisy environments.
Here's a link to brownoise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqzGzwTY-6w&t=7768s

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by A305: 3:50pm On May 08, 2021
Church and Mosque noise as well
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2021
Are you good in coding
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:54pm On May 08, 2021
Since 2015 buhari austerity measures forced me out of Nigeria to saner place, previously am 6ft tall dot, but I find out recently I'm 6.1 ft tall now, my body nourish by itself due to environment ... it will never be well with anyone that contributed in this failed country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Skillsnigeria: 3:59pm On May 08, 2021
grin
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:59pm On May 08, 2021
Activist001:
Coding like other brain-tasking activities requires some level of quietness for your brain to process and work on stuff and be more productive.

It looks like everywhere in Nigeria is no infested with noisy humming sounds from neighbor's generators and this stuff is almost impossible to escape from unless you live in some sort of GRA or something.

I'm a student in one of the federal universities in Nigeria and I live in a lodge off-campus and it looks like everyone in this whole community uses generators and it can be very noisy especially at night when I need to concentrate and get stuff done.

How do you guys cope with this? It seems like something one can't run away from these days.

better ear phone na !
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:01pm On May 08, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Since 2015 buhari austerity measures forced me out of Nigeria to saner place, previously am 6ft tall dot, but I find out recently I'm 6.1 ft tall now, my body nourish by itself due to environment ... it will never be well with anyone that contributed in this failed country

chief abeg how did you japa?!
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by sparkle6(m): 4:08pm On May 08, 2021
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by sparkle6(m): 4:09pm On May 08, 2021
J
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 08, 2021
How?

Please anyone to help me topup. I'm stranded at the ATM stand right now. Thanks God bless cool smiley
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by bukxy: 4:20pm On May 08, 2021
adapt! this is Nigeria
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 08, 2021
I don't use Gen, I hate noise. Depending on how difficult the task is I might just turn off the music.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by sizer07: 4:29pm On May 08, 2021
one is shouting in my ears close to my bedroom window as we speak now .very disgusting hate that noise with a passion
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by 4dor: 4:38pm On May 08, 2021
Activist001:
Coding like other brain-tasking activities requires some level of quietness for your brain to process and work on stuff and be more productive.

It looks like everywhere in Nigeria is no infested with noisy humming sounds from neighbor's generators and this stuff is almost impossible to escape from unless you live in some sort of GRA or something.

I'm a student in one of the federal universities in Nigeria and I live in a lodge off-campus and it looks like everyone in this whole community uses generators and it can be very noisy especially at night when I need to concentrate and get stuff done.

How do you guys cope with this? It seems like something one can't run away from these days.

Get a noise cancelling headphone
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

chief abeg how did you japa?!

bro I see red flag on time and I japa ooo.... Nigeria nah one kind useless country without direction.. I came with power bank, my friend laugh me die , he asked me what am I doing with that thing here, 24/7 steady light, good assorted food very affordable, health care here is topnotch and you are fully insured, good roads, WiFi everywhere, tell me if am not in heaven already.. thunder fire Lord laggard and all the pioneers of 1 Nigeria... I'm even planing of selling my passport to one Chinese man
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by emmyN(m): 4:45pm On May 08, 2021
Easy. You need to heighten the state of your soul vibration to effectively shut out the noise.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 08, 2021
Rgade:

My own isn’t even generators, cause light ain’t too bad in my area. It’s the speakers that’s the problem.
Everyone in the lodge will be blasting music like say na competition.
As for using headphones to block out the noise; I wish that one worked for me but it distracts me even more.
I do get a window of opportunity between 11pm - 5am every night to do all the coding in the world so I don’t have any excuse really.

What you need to do in the case of music is to find the one that suits your mental awareness.

Usually a can loop a single track for many days because it just makes me feel ok. Sometimes the song can be cool or rock.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by ecolime(m): 4:52pm On May 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

You just have to adapt to it
Programmers NOT Scammers grin
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by CuriousX: 4:54pm On May 08, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
bro I see red flag on time and I japa ooo.... Nigeria nah one kind useless country without direction.. I came with power bank, my friend laugh me die , he asked me what am I doing with that thing here, 24/7 steady light, good assorted food very affordable, health care here is topnotch and you are fully insured, good roads, WiFi everywhere, tell me if am not in heaven already.. thunder fire Lord laggard and all the pioneers of 1 Nigeria... I'm even planing of selling my passport to one Chinese man

Which country you go?
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by DWJOBScom(m): 4:58pm On May 08, 2021
Rgade:

My own isn’t even generators, cause light ain’t too bad in my area. It’s the speakers that’s the problem.
As for using headphones to block out the noise; I wish that one worked for me but it distracts me even more.
I do get a window of opportunity between 11pm - 5am every night to do all the coding in the world so I don’t have any excuse really.

Earpiece distracts me as well
Not to forget the yahoo boy that wont put off his Generator even with PHCN back and running.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2021
We don't use gen over here
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by SavageResponse(m): 5:12pm On May 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

You just have to adapt to it

Why should anyone get used to suffering?
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by fitinwell: 5:12pm On May 08, 2021
Then move close to your school library... Or ICT hub
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2021
CuriousX:

Which country you go?
bobo discretion grin grin
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 08, 2021
4dor:

Get a noise cancelling headphone
Do you have an affordable one you can recommend? Most headphones I've been seeing these days are too expensive (100k+)
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 08, 2021
bularuz:
Noise doesn't seem to disturb me, you will have to find a way to dampen the noise
Do you have any method you recommend? I've been looking into DIY soundproofing for some days now but it seems like the materials are scarce over here in Nigeria.

PotatoSalad:
As someone who works with generator when there's power outage, although the power supply in my area is really good, I hate it. I really hate it

I got a good quality noise cancelling headphones cos of that and the generator noise feels like ceiling fan white noise whenever I wear them now
What product did you get for ANC headphones? I can't seem to find a good and affordable one.

sizer07:
one is shouting in my ears close to my bedroom window as we speak now .very disgusting hate that noise with a passion
I'm telling you, very disgusting piece of shit especially that tiger generator and the worst part is that no one cares.

This shit is driving me crazy.

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by PotatoSalad(m): 6:14pm On May 08, 2021
Activist001:

Do you have any method you recommend? I've been looking into DIY soundproofing for some days now but it seems like the materials are scarce over here in Nigeria.

What product did you get for ANC headphones? I can't seem to find a good and affordable one.

I'm telling you, very disgusting piece of shit especially that tiger generator and the worst part is that no one cares.

This shit is driving me crazy.
Sony WH-1000XM4. Expensive sha
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Ugandatales: 6:28pm On May 08, 2021
Rgade:

Download mp3 of rain sound effect, and play it on repeat. It works for me. I use Headphones I bought for 1k5...very loud; it blocks out all noise/sounds.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Ugandatales: 6:32pm On May 08, 2021
denvers:
The only distraction I get is when people are discussing things that interest me nearby.

The generator noise is never a disturbance.

lol! This happens to me too.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Kebbiprince: 6:52pm On May 08, 2021
Harpyeagle:
@Activist001
Use ear phones!.. But if you are like me that easily gets distracted by same music from the earphone.. Google search "white noise mp3" download one for urself so u could play it to cancel noise..there are different sounds, choose the one ur preference(i usually use one that sounds like rain falling.. The sound is very regular)
they are usually as long as 1hr u would not be distracted at all.. Also u could download instrumental of calm music or songs. grin
Where can I download it
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Kebbiprince: 6:53pm On May 08, 2021
PotatoSalad:
As someone who works with generator when there's power outage, although the power supply in my area is really good, I hate it. I really hate it

I got a good quality noise cancelling headphones cos of that and the generator noise feels like ceiling fan white noise whenever I wear them now
How do I get these noise cancelling headphones

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help On Java / Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted / What Is Xvideoservicethief?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.