Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? (9562 Views)

Programmers, How Do You Solve Power Issue / Programmers How Can I Achieve This / Programmers how much do you earn monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by OgiPrincess: 7:26pm On May 08, 2021
Had to buy a headset o
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by dodoisk(m): 7:28pm On May 08, 2021
Activist001:
Coding like other brain-tasking activities requires some level of quietness for your brain to process and work on stuff and be more productive.

It looks like everywhere in Nigeria is no infested with noisy humming sounds from neighbor's generators and this stuff is almost impossible to escape from unless you live in some sort of GRA or something.

I'm a student in one of the federal universities in Nigeria and I live in a lodge off-campus and it looks like everyone in this whole community uses generators and it can be very noisy especially at night when I need to concentrate and get stuff done.

How do you guys cope with this? It seems like something one can't run away from these days.
I pray for there generator to spoil
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 08, 2021
Ugandatales:

Download mp3 of rain sound effect, and play it on repeat. It works for me. I use Headphones I bought for 1k5...very loud; it blocks out all noise/sounds.
Wow I’ll try this.

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:20pm On May 08, 2021
Kebbiprince:

How do I get these noise cancelling headphones
Got mine from eBay. You can hit acekid109 up. He sells them too.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by NewDawn2O21: 8:28pm On May 08, 2021
LeeSantos:
Then go and code in your School library
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 08, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Sony WH-1000XM4. Expensive sha
Yeah, very expensive lol.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:53pm On May 08, 2021
Activist001:

Yeah, very expensive lol.
My bro, your country has failed you. You just have to endure.

I won't advise soundproofing your place if you're renting a house. A friend of mine soundproofed his office studio where he shoots his tutorials. Spent 1.5m I think. This was back in 2017 o. The soundproofing materials were useless when he moved out two years later.
Just manage or get that headphones. Best investment for a noisy environment. The technology in that thing is mind-blowing.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Sheriman(m): 10:02pm On May 08, 2021
Where I was working before as a programmer got me Tinnitus. That noise is too much but I stayed there just because if the steady light. It is a filling station that they always play sound.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by 4dor: 10:12pm On May 08, 2021
Activist001:

Do you have an affordable one you can recommend? Most headphones I've been seeing these days are too expensive (100k+)

I use Airpod pro(guess that might be too expensive). Go to konga and search for it, you should get cheaper ones. Make sure you google for reviews before paying.
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 08, 2021
Everyone is saying headsets, earpiece and noise cancellation gadgets...what if someone is calling you for an emergency or robbery dey go on outside? Na so you no go hear ooo...

Imagine say dem dey spray bullets and you no know, no be gbege be that?
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Harpyeagle(m): 5:40am On May 09, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Where can I download it
Mc2method*dot*org
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by acekid109(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Got mine from eBay. You can hit acekid109 up. He sells them too.
Thanks boss.
Noise Cancelling earbuds and headphones available wink
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by acekid109(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2021
Activist001:

Do you have an affordable one you can recommend? Most headphones I've been seeing these days are too expensive (100k+)
Anker Q30 does a decent job too and it costs about 45k
You can get Sony XM3 headphones in good condition around 70 to 80k too

1 Like

Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:47pm On May 09, 2021
[quote author=ELKHALIFAISIS post=101496935] bro I see red flag on time and I japa ooo.... Nigeria nah one kind useless country without direction.. I came with power bank, my friend laugh me die , he asked me what am I doing with that thing here, 24/7 steady light, good assorted food very affordable, health care here is topnotch and you are fully insured, good roads, WiFi everywhere, tell me if am not in heaven already.. thunder fire Lord laggard and all the pioneers of 1 Nigeria... I'm even planing of selling my passport to one Chinese man [/quoteth

wait wait that kind of place exist ? where ?
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:09pm On May 09, 2021
[quote author=MondayOsunbor post=101525004][/quote] exist for earth
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by progress19: 8:27pm On May 15, 2021
Rgade:

My own isn’t even generators, cause light ain’t too bad in my area. It’s the speakers that’s the problem.
Everyone in the lodge will be blasting music like say na competition.
As for using headphones to block out the noise; I wish that one worked for me but it distracts me even more.
I do get a window of opportunity between 11pm - 5am every night to do all the coding in the world so I don’t have any excuse really.
Bro how do you do it
Re: Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 16, 2021
progress19:

Bro how do you do it
How

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted / What Is Xvideoservicethief? / Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.